Giving it a shot

Eric S.

Well I took the plunge last week and purchased the plugin and started my first attempt at ecommerce/drop shipping. I'm pretty impressed so far and am really curious how this will go. I'm essentially following Yanos' suggestions, even targeting a niche highlighted in his list.

Initial setup was easy and spent some time branding with colors etc. Finding products was pretty easy too, although in this niche it seems a lot do not use ePacket. Found enough to get started I think.

The biggest time suck, of course, is the updating of the products. Going through and making titles and descriptions for everything is tedious.

I'm having issues purchasing SocialRabbit but hope to get it running soon.

I know the plugin is a work in progress and I hope to contribute to the community. I would love any feedback you might have about the site. Check it out:

Sweet Notebooks

Thanks!

HZ Daze

Hi Eric,

Like your products and customization. Thought it was going to be selling gaming laptops from the domain/ name.
Tried to give you an order but your coupon didn't work - and well - 22 cents is 22 cents - and that's US...
;)

Eric S.

Thanks HZ Daze! I was a little worried about the domain too, but I think my target market will figure it out pretty quickly. Great catch on the promo code. I had mistakenly put in the wrong expiration date. That's fixed now. That probably explains my one abandoned cart :oops:

maxyy89

Great looking site and pretty good niche. Yea rewriting products titles and put some description about it is so tedious,I have in my store about 100 products

Eric S.

Thanks @maxyy! Nice to hear a little confirmation on the niche as doubts linger there. Initial response on IG is good albeit at a very small sample size.

I've got nearly 100 more products in 'draft' awaiting the needed editing :eek:. Figured I would test interest first before spending more time on that.

kevgl

Hey, i just browsed your store, all looks very sweet and professional. Good niche too. Good luck with your journey.

I also wanted to see if your discount codes work so i tried adding products with Mozilla Firefox (50.0).
The product being added is not registered in the shopping cart and no popup is showing up. Then i click on the shopping cart button and i do get to see this page. But no ordering information shows up. After a refresh it does show everything. It works in Google Chrome latest + Internet Explorer 11.

Attachments

• 16 items cart.PNG
    16 items cart.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 38
  • ordering product.PNG
    ordering product.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 37

Eric S.

Wow @kevgl thanks for the testing! I found the Firefox issue and it's working now. There was a javascript error that I was able to fix by commenting out the offending code, I think it might have to do with W3 Total cache but I'm not sure. Thanks again!

neeraj89

Congrats Eric.. can you tell me one basic question , how to share products on my instagram page.? is there any extension for that..
And how to share them on facebook page. whenever i try to post them, they go directly to my profile page.. Any solution for this?

Eric S.

Congrats Eric.. can you tell me one basic question , how to share products on my instagram page.? is there any extension for that..
And how to share them on facebook page. whenever i try to post them, they go directly to my profile page.. Any solution for this?
The SocialRabbit plugin will share your products for you.

Eric S.

Namecheap for $9 /year. I had to pay my host some to get it configured too, but those were one-time setup fees.

Imran Shaikh

Hey Eric, well done mate! Great looking site you've built. Wish you all the best with the journey. I am going to follow the same path soon too. Well, working on the niche at the moment.

Just noticed something on your single product page, just below the product image/gallery there's the 'Buyer Protection' banner. If I'm not mistaken, but that logo is Aliexpress buyer protection logo. I'd recommend you to change it with something of yours to avoid copyright issues.

Could you please suggest me how to go about instagram shoutout? Noob in this area :)

Once again, all the very best.

Eric S.

Hey Eric, well done mate! Great looking site you've built. Wish you all the best with the journey. I am going to follow the same path soon too. Well, working on the niche at the moment.

Just noticed something on your single product page, just below the product image/gallery there's the 'Buyer Protection' banner. If I'm not mistaken, but that logo is Aliexpress buyer protection logo. I'd recommend you to change it with something of yours to avoid copyright issues.

Could you please suggest me how to go about instagram shoutout? Noob in this area :)

Once again, all the very best.

Interesting point about that logo. That's built into the theme and I just changed the color (not very well...need to fix that). On Yaros' site's they all seem to use that as well. Any comment on this @Yaros ?

As for IG shoutouts, this post is very helpful. This thread also has some interesting comments about costs.

All the best on your journey. I hope you find a good niche @Imran Shaikh

Yaros

Staff member
Interesting point about that logo. That's built into the theme and I just changed the color (not very well...need to fix that). On Yaros' site's they all seem to use that as well. Any comment on this @Yaros ?

As for IG shoutouts, this post is very helpful. This thread also has some interesting comments about costs.

All the best on your journey. I hope you find a good niche @Imran Shaikh
I am dropshipping from AliExpress and using the same buyer protection system. I don't see the problem with using this banner.

dezigna

Take your time to do audience research in Facebook before running ads. That will make or break your campaign. Normally you run ads per interest group - magazines, brands, websites, fan pages, clubs/associations, b-list celebs etc but your product is a bit general in this case so it probably makes sense to look for competitor websites, brands and fan pages because you're looking for buyer audiences in your demo.

Search for ads/posts on facebook too around your niche to see what people are running.