Fraud sales due to stolen CC info

Afar

I think I received a fraud sale. It is a big order involving many items bought (not surprising).

Paypal did not block the payment or alert me, but I suspect something fishy when I tried to email the buyer and the emails that the "customer" gave me all cannot be used (including the Paypal email).

But wonder how come the payment still went through? Address is valid.

If I keep quiet, yes.....I can withdraw the money and pretend nothing happened. I already shipped most of the items anyway.

But, what if the people at the address complain that they NEVER bought the stuff?

There is A LOT of FRAUD nowadays.....caused by bots or humans. :eek:

Any advice? I am now 100% sure for those of you making lots of sales everyday, that some of them are FRAUD/FAKE.

This thing happened to me before, but that time, Paypal detected it and warned me not to ship. But we cannot rely on Paypal because A LOT of CC info get stolen nowadays, and many syndicates are testing their bots......on YOUR ecommerce store.

Last edited:

Afar

Payment already cleared and went thru Paypal. That is why I said I can even withdraw the money now. The money is "Available" status.

I can call the customer on the telephone number (I have called my customers before), but likely nobody will answer (invalid number) OR the customer will freak out and ask me to refund her.

This is a widespread problem, I can see. Try to email your customers and see how many reply concerning their orders and money that they supposedly spent.

In my experience, few reply. Even though the issue involves $$$.

I am not sure about the rest now. Are they fraudulent or not?

You really have to wonder.

SMH.....

Last edited:

neeraj89

Payment already cleared and went thru Paypal. That is why I said I can even withdraw the money now. The money is "Available" status.

I can call the customer on the telephone number (I have called my customers before), but likely nobody will answer (invalid number) OR the customer will freak out and ask me to refund her.

This is a widespread problem, I can see. Try to email your customers and see how many reply concerning their orders and money that they supposedly spent.

In my experience, few reply. Even though the issue involves $$$.

I am not sure about the rest now. Are they fraudulent or not?

You really have to wonder.

SMH.....
in my case, few orders from mexico were fraudulent. They were buying multiple products, even same product with multiple quantity. Although their payment were in pending status. Their order total was above $250 each.. Generally new customers dont place huge orders, if the website is new to them, or they are visiting for the first time. Repeat customers can place big orders. Big orders with multiple quantities of same product are too risky. its a doubtful status for me. i would have refunded and moved on. better be safe.. dont risk big...

Afar

Well, my order value was only about $50. Because my items are cheap items.....

The Paypal email is not even valid (domain not a functioning URL), so I wonder how come Paypal accepts the payment. I cannot even send an email to the buyer's Paypal email address because it does not exist....

The buyer is Paypal verified though.

SMH

nyuyuysoni

All you need to do in case of fraudulent purchase is ship to the address given by PayPal and keep the tracking record. Much better you ask aliexpress seller to provide you with an invoice. This you will need in future if someone comes up with a claim. This is under sellers protection policy by PayPal