Flatsome VS Porto

NexusFred

Hello,
I have a Woocommerce store to build with Alidropship and for the theme I'm hesitate between Flatsome and Porto.

What is the most compatible with Alidropship ?

Best Regards
Nexus

Christina

Administrator
Hello,
I have a Woocommerce store to build with Alidropship and for the theme I'm hesitate between Flatsome and Porto.

What is the most compatible with Alidropship ?

Best Regards
Nexus

We recommend you to use Flatsome, it is compatible with AliDropship Woo plugin.

NexusFred

Thanks, but did you make some compatibility test with Porto ?
That a huge Flatsome competitor.

Flatsome builder is very limited, few number of blocks, the shop designs are not pretty and the HTML & CSS code is messy, no tag ID, Style embedded with the html tag, the CSS cascade is endless.

In fact, Flatsome looks old in every way.

Christina

Administrator
Thanks, but did you make some compatibility test with Porto ?
That a huge Flatsome competitor.

Flatsome builder is very limited, few number of blocks, the shop designs are not pretty and the HTML & CSS code is messy, no tag ID, Style embedded with the html tag, the CSS cascade is endless.

In fact, Flatsome looks old in every way.

I know that some of our clients use Porto on their sites. Inevitably, however, they find that some plugin options work incorrectly or don't work at all.

NexusFred

Thanks.

In what way the compatibility work ?

Did you make Alidropship compatible with... or the authors make their theme compatible with Alidropship ??

Best Regards
Nexus

Christina

Administrator
Thanks.

In what way the compatibility work ?

Did you make Alidropship compatible with... or the authors make their theme compatible with Alidropship ??

Best Regards
Nexus

We have some tested and recommended themes for AliDropship Woo https://alidropship.com/themes/, we don't plan to test Porto in the near future.
Also you can check this thread concerning WooCommerce themes and ask your questions to our forum members https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/whats-your-favourite-woocommerce-theme.7781/.

NexusFred

Maybe you should plan it. ;)

It as more than 19000 sales and it's the second woocommerce theme most sold each week.

Your list of premium compatible themes is super light (2:confused:) and they are both have a design outdated and most of all the code is really messy.

Best Regards

Christina

Administrator
Maybe you should plan it. ;)

It as more than 19000 sales and it's the second woocommerce theme most sold each week.

Your list of premium compatible themes is super light (2:confused:) and they are both have a design outdated and most of all the code is really messy.

Best Regards

Thank you for suggestion! We are more focused on developing of our own themes.
There are 4 recommended themes for AliDropship Woo plugin (Shopper, Storefront, Flatsome, Claue).
Mobile Friendly Designs for Dropshipping Websites – AliDropship 2018-09-19 09-12-41.png

NexusFred

Thanks,

did your themes works without the Alidropship plugin ?

I ask because I would like to try them to see how customizable they are but I have with all of them this error

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ads_is_url() in XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php:486 Stack trace: #0 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.Settings.php(196): czAdminTpl->uploadImgField('tp_favicon', Array) #1 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php(909): czSettings->tmplGeneral() #2 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php(113): czAdminTpl->renderTmpl('tmplGeneral') #3 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\menu.php(28): czAdminTpl->getTemplate() #4 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(286): cz_admin_index_form('') #5 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #6 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-includes\plugin.php in XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php on line 486

I'm on Windows7 SP1 X64 using Xampp/PHP7.

Best Regards
Nexus

Christina

Administrator
Thanks,

did your themes works without the Alidropship plugin ?

I ask because I would like to try them to see how customizable they are but I have with all of them this error

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ads_is_url() in XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php:486 Stack trace: #0 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.Settings.php(196): czAdminTpl->uploadImgField('tp_favicon', Array) #1 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php(909): czSettings->tmplGeneral() #2 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php(113): czAdminTpl->renderTmpl('tmplGeneral') #3 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\menu.php(28): czAdminTpl->getTemplate() #4 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(286): cz_admin_index_form('') #5 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #6 XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-includes\plugin.php in XXXXX\alidropship.test\wp-content\themes\michelangelo\inc\customization\class.CZ.AdminTpl.php on line 486

I'm on Windows7 SP1 X64 using Xampp/PHP7.

Best Regards
Nexus

If you mean themes for AliDropship Original plugin they works only with the plugin.

Mika

I'm using Porto on my newest shop, still building it, but so far have not noticed any compatibility issues. Would be nice to know what those are, if any?
Product import works
Review & image import works
Cart & Checkout works...

NexusFred

Thanks @cansme3 that a relief.

What I like with Porto beside the shop design is the admin panel who look like "Newspaper" (tagDiv) or "Publisher".

What theme did you finally use if it's not indiscret ?

Best Regards
Nexus

NexusFred

Finally I will use Flatsome to be sure, but I used Porto on another project.

Porto has some very nice shop designs, but the support is really bad, they crashed my site 2 months ago playing with the htaccess file trying to solve a JS problem? :( And the bug still unsolved ...

So if you have some good PHP/HTML/JS and CSS skill, it's a very good theme, if it's not your case it's better to use Flatsome, I do not like it (to limited for me) but so far I do not had any issue with it.