Experienced Internet Marketer diving into Ecom

waterlion

What do you mean with removing the link? You mean the link in the template in social rabbit? When I post an image manually the reach is indeed much better than automated posting with social rabbit. Still need improvement but it's doing its work and saves time.

Yea, I took out the link in the template. I don't think facebook is distinguishing automated posts. They simply want posts that are links to outside, to be promoted through ads, rather than organic... unless the followers like your content often.

waterlion

No Results

The last 3-4 days have been a complete fail.

$40 USD in Adwords spend, and not a single sale.

upload_2016-12-27_23-49-28.png
upload_2016-12-27_23-53-16.png

Product Page Updates
I've continued updating my product pages to be more presentable.

Previously, I was lazy with the imports, simply removing anything potentially linked to aliexpress.

But now, I'm adding Headlines into the post, adding some bullet points, and potentially a description.

Shit Results
I'm surprised at how poorly the site is converting at the moment.

I'll continue my ad spend, and update my final costs by the end of the year.

This project is still under $400 spend most likely (which is below my $1000 limit).

Anyways, will keep at it for now.

Fernand

No Results

The last 3-4 days have been a complete fail.

$40 USD in Adwords spend, and not a single sale.

View attachment 194
View attachment 195

Product Page Updates
I've continued updating my product pages to be more presentable.

Previously, I was lazy with the imports, simply removing anything potentially linked to aliexpress.

But now, I'm adding Headlines into the post, adding some bullet points, and potentially a description.

Shit Results
I'm surprised at how poorly the site is converting at the moment.

I'll continue my ad spend, and update my final costs by the end of the year.

This project is still under $400 spend most likely (which is below my $1000 limit).

Anyways, will keep at it for now.

Thanks for the update. I've been following your thread for a while now. Looking forward to some results.

waterlion

Updating Product Descriptions

I'm updating all product pages that show many visits on google analytics.

As stated in a previous post, simply cleaning up the mess.

Adwords Paused

Thus, I've paused adwords for now, until I improve my product pages.

Also, there are a lot of search queries that I don't feature products for like:

- wine, socks, monopoly, laptop

So the negative keyword list will continue to grow. But also positive keywords such as:

- cards, mugs, cups

Those simply need more products, or proper categorization.

Facebook Page Likes Ad campaign

I've re-initiated my Facebook Page likes Ad campaign.

As of this moment, it's about a $7 CPML ($7 per thousand likes), through facebook, which is pretty damn good actually.

But the targeting is global

And we still don't have a fix for the currency converter or a proper site-wide google translator after 1 month of requesting it.

Social Rabbit Partially Disabled

As previously noted, automated links to my site, generated an absolutely horrible reach on facebook (1-4 views, per 2000).

As opposed to simple images from the Gallery poster which got about 300 views /2,000.

For the Gallery Poster (which is still broken), I'll need to manually import captions, to make it worthwhile for users to click like.

So SocialRabbit is paused for now.

Facebook Traffic

Facebook Traffic hasn't been bad actually, but I haven't measured it effectively either.

Will need to look at updating the SocialRabbit for reach.

All Comments Deleted

So things I noticed, some of the comments were imported into the incorrect products. Deleted manually.

Then I noticed how bad the comments were when they were from different languages.

Thus, I downloaded a plugin to delete all of the comments, and am currently re-importing all of them.
- Max 100
- +translate all comments

I have to say, the comments feature of Alidropship is pretty damn cool...

Fake Comments

although a quick look on the comments in Yaros' worldofharry site, indicates most of the comments are fake, and most likely produced in bulk via a comment spinner

Nothing wrong with automation, but when the comments read:

'I really loved this Harry Potter lightning sunglasses in 4 styles for myself. The Harry Potter lightning sunglasses in 4 styles arrived on time. Thank you.'

Then you clearly see it's fake ;)

Once again, product description updating

I have a long list of products to update

Fernand

Updating Product Descriptions

I'm updating all product pages that show many visits on google analytics.

As stated in a previous post, simply cleaning up the mess.

Adwords Paused

Thus, I've paused adwords for now, until I improve my product pages.

Also, there are a lot of search queries that I don't feature products for like:

- wine, socks, monopoly, laptop

So the negative keyword list will continue to grow. But also positive keywords such as:

- cards, mugs, cups

Those simply need more products, or proper categorization.

Facebook Page Likes Ad campaign

I've re-initiated my Facebook Page likes Ad campaign.

As of this moment, it's about a $7 CPML ($7 per thousand likes), through facebook, which is pretty damn good actually.

But the targeting is global

And we still don't have a fix for the currency converter or a proper site-wide google translator after 1 month of requesting it.

Social Rabbit Partially Disabled

As previously noted, automated links to my site, generated an absolutely horrible reach on facebook (1-4 views, per 2000).

As opposed to simple images from the Gallery poster which got about 300 views /2,000.

For the Gallery Poster (which is still broken), I'll need to manually import captions, to make it worthwhile for users to click like.

So SocialRabbit is paused for now.

Facebook Traffic

Facebook Traffic hasn't been bad actually, but I haven't measured it effectively either.

Will need to look at updating the SocialRabbit for reach.

All Comments Deleted

So things I noticed, some of the comments were imported into the incorrect products. Deleted manually.

Then I noticed how bad the comments were when they were from different languages.

Thus, I downloaded a plugin to delete all of the comments, and am currently re-importing all of them.
- Max 100
- +translate all comments

I have to say, the comments feature of Alidropship is pretty damn cool...

Fake Comments

although a quick look on the comments in Yaros' worldofharry site, indicates most of the comments are fake, and most likely produced in bulk via a comment spinner

Nothing wrong with automation, but when the comments read:

'I really loved this Harry Potter lightning sunglasses in 4 styles for myself. The Harry Potter lightning sunglasses in 4 styles arrived on time. Thank you.'

Then you clearly see it's fake ;)

Once again, product description updating

I have a long list of products to update

I'm particularly interested on how you managed to obtain $7 CPML! That's incredible! How did you do it?

lefthook030

bro...iam in the same struggle. what are the other methods you use for your income you mentioned?

good thread here...thanks

waterlion

I'm particularly interested on how you managed to obtain $7 CPML! That's incredible! How did you do it?

Well, my niche is popular.

Similar to Harry potter, so there is already an established fanbase.

Then I simply targeted every country in the world (country list import), English, ages 18-65.

I threw in an inclusive for 'likes online shopping', just to be slightly more targeted towards buyers.

We can't assume that the likes have any relevance to results, but theoretically, if I spend $100, then I can get about 14k likes to the page.

At that point, I think it will snowball if I optimize the SocialRabbit content.

hans23

I couldn't successfully use paid ads (fb and adwords) with my alidropship site. Maybe my niche, maybe my marketing method, or maybe my site

Anyway, good luck, and keep us updated,

waterlion

I couldn't successfully use paid ads (fb and adwords) with my alidropship site. Maybe my niche, maybe my marketing method, or maybe my site

Anyway, good luck, and keep us updated,

I agree, it hasn't been as easy as I hoped as well.

All of my orders came from a very generic keywords within my niche, and that keyword has failed to perform since then.

Facebook Like Box Welcome Mat

I'm actually trying to somehow show my users a Facebook Like Box, to indicate how many users I have that like the site.

I believe Facebook likes will indicate a level of trust, and encourage users to purchase more.

But need to simply put that box somewhere more visible, like a 'Welcome Mat' before the user sees the actual site.

Imagine seeing 10k fans to the sites facebook page. That should definitely encourage trust.

Fernand

Well, my niche is popular.

Similar to Harry potter, so there is already an established fanbase.

Then I simply targeted every country in the world (country list import), English, ages 18-65.

I threw in an inclusive for 'likes online shopping', just to be slightly more targeted towards buyers.

We can't assume that the likes have any relevance to results, but theoretically, if I spend $100, then I can get about 14k likes to the page.

At that point, I think it will snowball if I optimize the SocialRabbit content.

Great insight. Thanks for that.

waterlion

Facebook Likes

So my Facebook page likes ad campaign is still going.

I found the popup I wanted:

upload_2016-12-29_19-27-23.png

This shows up when the page is loaded. 4K likes.

Here is my general cost so far:

upload_2016-12-29_19-28-51.png

$6.2 per 1000 page likes for the last 2 days.

Demographics of the page:
upload_2016-12-29_19-29-54.pngupload_2016-12-29_19-30-13.png

Unless people in Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Nepal have credit cards, and are avid buyers, I'm going to say that these likes are directly monetarily worthless.

It's also interesting to see that I'm still getting non-english subscribers.

Improved Reach
upload_2016-12-29_19-32-14.png

The reach, has definitely skyrocketed, so I guess people are looking at the posts.
600 reach / 4000 page likes = 15% organic page reach.

I'll activate SocialRabbit later, to see how it will perform.

Google Analytics

According to my google analytics, they are not directly visiting the site.

I assume they need to be directed to the site through links.

Anyways, all of that is food for thought.

waterlion

Great update ;)

You are advertising on Adwords as well, right?

Adwords

Hey Fernand, I paused it for a few days, while I was preoccupied with girls, and writing product descriptions.

I resumed it today, after writing descriptions for about 70% of the pages that users visited, according to analytics.

GBP and North Ireland definitely have more search traffic for my niche than Australia.

Will be interesting to see if new descriptions will increase conversions by any margin.

Facebook Page Likes

I paused my page likes ad campaign after getting ~6370 page likes... total cost, about $50 USD.

There was some traffic that came to my site after running the page likes. A lot more Global Traffic.

As well, one follower messaged me about purchasing a product. I could see he visited the site, and the cart, but did not follow through with the purchase - I only assume confusing currency conversion numbers due to a broken currency converter.

Social Rabbit

Regardless, the Facebook page became WAY more active (post likes, reach, etc).

So I will now try to figure out how to get larger organic reach numbers to my followers - while including a link to the site as well, using SocialRabbit.

caroline

While I wait for my SocialRabbit purchase problems to be resolved,

Here are plugins that I normally install on a new wordpress site:

1. Akismet - prevents bot spam (not sure how this will work with review uploads)
  2. cometcache - 1-click cache/website performance optimizer
  3. companion auto update - autoupdates your wordpress, plugins, theme, etc (could break your site with new updates, be careful)
  4. mailgun integration - for using your website domain to send emails using mailgun (already built into Alidropship it seems)
  5. Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin - when certain pages act as a proxy to other pages
  6. Really Simple SSL - required SSL activation
  7. wordfence security - prevents hackers. Let's you know if someone tries to login as an admin
  8. YoastSEO - if you want to get really anal about SEO optimization
Also,

CloudFlare - 100% of my sites are activated through this for an easy performance boost, and hacker mitigation
Mailchimp - for auto-responders and collecting emails
While I wait for my SocialRabbit purchase problems to be resolved,

Here are plugins that I normally install on a new wordpress site:

1. Akismet - prevents bot spam (not sure how this will work with review uploads)
  2. cometcache - 1-click cache/website performance optimizer
  3. companion auto update - autoupdates your wordpress, plugins, theme, etc (could break your site with new updates, be careful)
  4. mailgun integration - for using your website domain to send emails using mailgun (already built into Alidropship it seems)
  5. Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin - when certain pages act as a proxy to other pages
  6. Really Simple SSL - required SSL activation
  7. wordfence security - prevents hackers. Let's you know if someone tries to login as an admin
  8. YoastSEO - if you want to get really anal about SEO optimization
Also,

CloudFlare - 100% of my sites are activated through this for an easy performance boost, and hacker mitigation
Mailchimp - for auto-responders and collecting emails

Hi waterlion you mentioned you use Mailchimp for autoresponders is this compatible with alidropship? if si what plugin did you use? and is mailchimp autoresponder
free to use? Thanks

sunny

@waterlion

Hi waterline,

Would you mine to share how do you manage your IG via social rabbit for your dropship store ?

Do you use proxy, different computer for each IG account? I am having issue with my IG account, seem like IG will ban account if autopost, any thoughts?

thanks

waterlion

Hi waterlion you mentioned you use Mailchimp for autoresponders is this compatible with alidropship? if si what plugin did you use? and is mailchimp autoresponder
free to use? Thanks

Hey Caroline, I haven't dived deep into the auto-responder, but Mailchimp is free if you blast emails manually. But to setup an auto-responder, you need to pay a monthly plan.

There is no direct integration with Alidropship, from what I'm aware so far, but you can export and import the lists of customers into your mailchimp with ease.

waterlion

@waterlion

Hi waterline,

Would you mine to share how do you manage your IG via social rabbit for your dropship store ?

Do you use proxy, different computer for each IG account? I am having issue with my IG account, seem like IG will ban account if autopost, any thoughts?

thanks

Hey Sunny, I'm not doing anything special with the IG account.

I setup about 5-8 posts manually initially, and then launched the auto-poster, to about 1 post per 6 hours.

I disabled product postings as well for now, until the followers get a big bigger.