Expand your store with Google Shopping...Must Read!!

Nor

This plugin sure has come a long ways and i really like seeing this community grow and help each other out should problems arise on their stores.

With that said there is a huge untapped market (more like a second store if you will) and its called Google shopping

Watch this video here to get an idea of how it works.

What Google shopping does is display your product price, description, etc on googles shopping network. the following process takes place:

- upload your excel file into googles merchant data feed
- google than takes all that info and creates a google store with that excel document
- free or paid traffic will visit your product based on keywords/ paid ads and buy product
- profit

Why am i telling you this? Its because it will benefit us all. You may ask how would something like this work for our stores? Well i would want Yaros and his team along with the community's help to approve this feature into the stores plugin.

How the google shopping could work for our stores can happen 1 of 2 ways i believe.

Project #1

- allow alidropship store owners to extract excel databases of their store with configured excel document categories to work google shoppings standards.
- upload excel file into google shopping and google takes care of the rest.

Problem with this idea is aliexpress merchant change their pricing for products on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. So what you upload into google shopping might be old outdated pricing measures. To counter this problem you can upload an excel file once a day

Project #2

- integrate a automated process in the alidropship plugin where it would extract and upload the excel file document to your google shopping merchant account automatically without you having to do any manual work. Just press a button and it takes care of the rest.

Not sure if this type of system is complex and or how much time it would take.

Listen, this right here is a powerful tool and in my eyes, if this is not implemented into alidropship, then its leaving money on the table. Hell, if this process is too complex, then i would request that if Yaros and his team can allow us to extract our stores via excel sheet, and i would just take care of the manual process of uploading it to google shopping myself everyday.

In the end this benefits us all, so let me know what you guys think.

here is a link describing google shopping in more detail

"Google Shopping can cost you $1 a day, $1 a month, or more than $100 a day, depending on how much visibility you want your products to have. In Q4, we conducted a Google Shopping study which shows merchant costs on Google Shopping averaged at $11.30 in spend for every $100.00 in sales. Compared to other marketing channels, Google Shopping costs were extremely low, even lower than the flat fees on most Amazon Marketplace categories. Google Shopping, if managed correctly, should yield similar Google Shopping cost / revenue ratios, depending on your average order value, price compared to your competitors, and site-wide conversion rates."

https://moz.com/blog/google-shopping-feed-cost-and-ppc-best-practices-16918

Definately, I was looking at this last night and tried uploading my product export to Google Merchant but the XML is not in the right structures, so if we can at least get the data out in a CSV / xls type format we can work with it.

There may be a couple of other plugins that can extract the data but I am worried it might mess something up so haven't tried it, yet.

Yaros, any input please.

Yaros

Staff member
We have never used it in our practice and not familiar with this marketplace much, but this is an interesting idea. However anyway this task will be not for this year.

Reactions: otk

craig123

If any one would like a merchant centre feed built for alidropship - enabling not just Google merchant but also dynamic retarget and Facebook dynamic retargeting, please drop me a PM

Sunster

Staff member
Google shopping definitely can be beneficial. For anyone using the WooCommerce version of the plugin, its much simpler as there are great plugins available that will allow you to setup up your feed and then have automated daily,weekly etc sync. So in a way its, set it and forget it.

dustindetorres

Definitely. We don't use the Woo version at the moment so we are hoping that Yaros and his team come through with some sort of integration.

Enlightenup

If any one would like a merchant centre feed built for alidropship - enabling not just Google merchant but also dynamic retarget and Facebook dynamic retargeting, please drop me a PM
Is there a plugin your reccomend? I got one but when I try uploading it there are a ton of errors and I can't seem to fix it.