Dropshipping and TVA

Jules2341

Hello,
I recently launched my dropshipping business, and after much research, I still haven't found the answer to my question. I have only one question to ask: how do I pay VAT in Dropshipping?
I did a research on this subject and I immediately came across this article: https://dropshippingfrance.fr/comment-payer-la-tva-en-dropshipping/ I wanted to ask you if what is said in this article is a good method to pay VAT? I stress that I'm quite a beginner so I decided to open a topic on the forum in order to have the exact answer.

Thank you very much, :)

chris37

Hello,
I recently launched my dropshipping business, and after much research, I still haven't found the answer to my question. I have only one question to ask: how do I pay VAT in Dropshipping?
I did a research on this subject and I immediately came across this article: https://dropshippingfrance.fr/comment-payer-la-tva-en-dropshipping/ I wanted to ask you if what is said in this article is a good method to pay VAT? I stress that I'm quite a beginner so I decided to open a topic on the forum in order to have the exact answer.

Thank you very much, :)

For start do not pay(register) anything for vat..
Wait to see how is going your business,if you see is going well you can register your business like any other business in your country for you pay your taxes..

Or if you want find a country with lower vat lever then your and register your business there.

Blz

For start do not pay(register) anything for vat..
Wait to see how is going your business,if you see is going well you can register your business like any other business in your country for you pay your taxes..

Or if you want find a country with lower vat lever then your and register your business there.

Worst advice ever, please do not encourage newcomers to do such moves which could get their back in serious troubles.
For your information VAT is based on the customer-supplied country and not on the supplier's country.

This being said, please do some effort before throwing nonsense "advice"

Sinon pour t'apporter une réponse @Jules2341, tu peux ne rien déclarer pendant quelque temps juste histoire de voir si ton business dispose d'une certaine traction, mais dans une limite très controlée.

Dans le cas ou tu voudrais assurer tes arriéres, même avec peu de ventes tu devrais te tourner vers une statut de micro-entreprise anciennement appelé auto entrepreneur, ce statut t'éviter de gérer l'aspect de la TVA et tes charges ne sont taxées que sur ton CA, donc en gros si tu ne vends rien, tu paies rien. De puis suivant ta situation tu peux sûrement bénéficier de l'ACRE pendant une année, ce qui diminuera tes charges de 50% sur ton chiffre d'affaire (12.8% --> 6.4%)

Tout cela est bien sûr valable que pour ton lancement, à partir du moment ou tu commences à faire du chiffre il est nécessaire de peser le pour et le contre pour évoluer sur un statut plus adéquat.

Mar

Sinon pour t'apporter une réponse @Jules2341, tu peux ne rien déclarer pendant quelque temps juste histoire de voir si ton business dispose d'une certaine traction, mais dans une limite très controlée.

Dans le cas ou tu voudrais assurer tes arriéres, même avec peu de ventes tu devrais te tourner vers une statut de micro-entreprise anciennement appelé auto entrepreneur, ce statut t'éviter de gérer l'aspect de la TVA et tes charges ne sont taxées que sur ton CA, donc en gros si tu ne vends rien, tu paies rien. De puis suivant ta situation tu peux sûrement bénéficier de l'ACRE pendant une année, ce qui diminuera tes charges de 50% sur ton chiffre d'affaire (12.8% --> 6.4%)

Tout cela est bien sûr valable que pour ton lancement, à partir du moment ou tu commences à faire du chiffre il est nécessaire de peser le pour et le contre pour évoluer sur un statut plus adéquat.
If you post again in this language, you will be banned from the forum.

Mar

Worst advice ever, please do not encourage newcomers to do such moves which could get their back in serious troubles.
For your information VAT is based on the customer-supplied country and not on the supplier's country.

It is not a bad advice. Not all sites are registered but it don't mean it don't pay tax. If the store is not registered and tax is not setup, upon checkout in AliExpress, tax is added. It will depend on the country, most of the time if the destination is the USA. In woocommerce, there is a plugin that will allow tax setup but it will only work if the store is based in the USA, But this advice is not nonsense.

Last edited:

Blz

If you post again in this language, you will be banned from the forum.

Nop, I won't, and here is why:

• I could not find any rule on this forum, preventing someone from bringing a well-oriented answer based on the original poster's language.
  • As per your information, this thread is mentioning "TVA" in the title, which is why I oriented my answer in this specific language, which I am quite familiar with. I am sure that it adds some value to the original poster understanding.
  • Feel free to ask yourself to the OP if my answer is better than the usual generic and non-sense information being thrown around, or not, you will probably be surprised.
  • I'm around since 2017, and I must say that I don't like the approach you are taking to persecute someone immediately instead of judging the information provided.
  • As a moderator, try to focus on the content's quality around instead of making such moves on well-researched interventions.
@Yaros, please refrain your moderator to deteriorate the community by having such attitude

Blz

It is not a bad advice. Not all sites are registered but it don't mean it don't pay tax. If the store is not registered and tax is not setup, upon checkout in AliExpress, tax is added. It will depend on the country, most of the time if the destination is the USA. In woocommerce, there is a plugin that will allow tax setup but it will only work if the store is based in the USA, But this advice is not nonsense.

Sorry, but no, this is not how it works, anyway I'm not going to argue with your point of view, but with a little bit of interest to this thread, you would have realized that the OP's case is located in France, which means UE. This being said, here is why the information I provided is well superior to the generic situation you guys are using to give an answer to the OP

TVA: Taxe valeur ajoutée btw

chris37

The only I encourage newcomer it to start then dropshipping business,

They don't need to focus on tax if they don't even make them first sale.

(Some country in Europe is allow you to have €17500 in a year without to pay tax for this, I don't gonna go in detail in this thread about this)

I Aggre with you about to have your business register and everything but This requires extra money and the most newcomer don't have that.

So even in the most bad case need to pay any taxes, they gonna start to do it from the time they have few orders.

They only person who know how mush you sell on online busines is the owner of website and the people who work for him anyway.
So don't worry about it to much .

Mar

could not find any rule on this forum, preventing someone from bringing a well-oriented answer based on the original poster's language.
There is no specific rule about language to be used in the forum, but it is a matter of good manners. Everybody is posting in English, the language everybody is using and you should use the same.
Feel free to ask yourself to the OP if my answer is better than the usual generic and non-sense information being thrown around, or not, you will probably be surprised.
The thread is not only for the OP. The thread is for every member to see and understand.
I'm around since 2017, and I must say that I don't like the approach you are taking to persecute someone immediately instead of judging the information provided.
Many members are complaining about members posting in language not understood by everybody. It is regardless of when you become a member. How can members judge the information if they don't understand?
As a moderator, try to focus on the content's quality around instead of making such moves on well-researched interventions.
It is not only for the moderator, it is for all members. Again, how can members focus on the quality of the post when it is not understood? You post again in this language and you will be banned from the forum.

Yaros

Staff member
@Yaros, please refrain your moderator to deteriorate the community by having such attitude

From my point view, on the one hand, I quite agree with Mar saying that 'it is a matter of good manners' to post in English, since it is obviously the English-based forum and you can at least use the Google Translator tool to post your message instead of pushing others to use it (or just ignoring your message).

On the other hand, the message like 'If you post again in this language, you will be banned from the forum' seems not polite and a bit rude, I must admit.

chris37

This being said, here is why the information I provided is well superior to the generic situation you guys are using to give an answer to the OP

Your information you provided is well superior then our? Serious????
So all of us we are below then you?
Sorry i didn't notice you are so perfect,
which you also need the approved from the staff member before you post.

This is your point of view, not mine!

And sure your statement is offend all of the member here not just me..
You can not say you are superior then
someone else.

I can't believe @Yaros defend your statement before...
the only person which was rude here is you because you believe you are superior then the rest of the forum member,

The (mar) moderator was so polite with you, she only referent is gonna banned you because of the not english language and not your rude behavor to other members.

Gaby02

Btw,

1 question and 1 remark.

I have heard a few things about VAT, do you have to pay in your country or the country you are selling the goods?

If one lives in country A, goods are sent from country B (China mostly) to country C where do the dropshipper has to pay vat?

Now, I am curious if this French dropshipping website supposedly referred as one the poster pastes here, is nit the same than another French ttied to advertise here a few days ago.

It sounds as 2 times a supposed newcomer comes specifically to ask about something using this site as reference (it is not a website well know as any reference for Frenchies believe me).

So hidden try to advertise your website or real question (strangely he has not replied yet to the "helpers" of this thread.

I would vote for 80% chances he is trying to advertise his website.

If it is not the case I apologise.

chris37

Btw,

1 question and 1 remark.

I have heard a few things about VAT, do you have to pay in your country or the country you are selling the goods?

If one lives in country A, goods are sent from country B (China mostly) to country C where do the dropshipper has to pay vat?

Now, I am curious if this French dropshipping website supposedly referred as one the poster pastes here, is nit the same than another French ttied to advertise here a few days ago.

It sounds as 2 times a supposed newcomer comes specifically to ask about something using this site as reference (it is not a website well know as any reference for Frenchies believe me).

So hidden try to advertise your website or real question (strangely he has not replied yet to the "helpers" of this thread.

I would vote for 80% chances he is trying to advertise his website.

If it is not the case I apologise.

Check this video is the easiest explanation I found.

..Also I want to add in the above video that you can register your bussiness in any country you want,You can use this information in your benefit if you make some research about it.