Do the buyer has to pay Custom Tax in India when they order from my site?

docnavneetgoyal

Hello!
Could anyone answer me that, does the buyer need to pay any tax (custom, or any other tax) when they make a purchase on my site and I order the same product to the supplier in China.
If YES!? Then, what is the procedure to override this problem?
Thanks!

docnavneetgoyal

Thank you so much for the reply.
What if, the package still gets stuck in the customs? Is it safe to start Alidropshipping selling Chinese items in India. If too many packages of different get stuck in the customs, won't my business get affected seriously?
It's a great pleasure meeting you here!

GKM Traders

Mostly indian customers do not have patience. If shipping delayed, they start dispute, negative reviews etcc. .

So it better to focus worldwide and target top countries.

docnavneetgoyal

Great help.. But, please tell me how do we extract the payments from overseas customers. What method do you chose?
Is PayPal the only viable option?

kingpin

You can sell in India also.

Just mention it on the site about the shipping and the delivery times usually 10 to 45 days.

But the question is when there are players like amazon, flipkart in India etc and is providing same day delivery also

why the customer will wait for 20 to 45 days for products from your site

Surely they'll not wait. But still there's a way if you want to sell in India and still your customers will wait without any negative effects

So take my points here

1. Sell only very cheap cost products costing below 50 rupees.

2. Mention it boldly that its coming from international destination so the delivery is depended on the customer location

3. Make a strong refund policy so that if they dispute, your payment gateway take your side and make disputes in your favors.

4. Sell something thats not easy to find in indian sites
5. Fan merchandise

And there's no way of getting any custom issues when the item is so cheap in costs.

I'm from India and I'm selling in Indian markets also.
There are many products that comes from aliexpress to India within a week.

kingpin

To sell internationally
You can collect amount using paypal
Or any payment gateway that support dollar transactions

Like stripe, 2co, braintree, aithorize.net, etc

So far stripe is the best

You should later apply for a US based company also.

BTW welcome to alidropship forum.

Lot of success to you

Regards!

kingpin

For India you should consider any of these payment gateways
Ccavenue
Payu
Instamojo
Razorpay

If you're based in somewhere near any chor bazaar in India or some whole sale market.

Get some products in bulk and sell them.
There are many shipping courier companies that'll pick items from your doorstep and will ship it for you.

Market products on facebook

Facebook ads for indian subcontinent is dirt cheap.

docnavneetgoyal

I am trying for the dropshipping through Alidropship only. So I guess they take around 4 weeks to deliver products in India. Crowd in India is panicky but still if we offer great discounts, we can nail the right population.
But I have heard of really bad reviews about instamojo and Razorpay. Is that so?
PayUBiz are asking too much for the payment gateway integration and that too for the Indian transactions. Please guide!
For Facebook Ads, I have a good exposure.
Thanks again

kingpin

Use payumoney thats free
Payubiz is not free

Instamojo is good. All you'll need to do is complete KYC and you're good to go.

Ccavenue so far is the best

Hi ... I would like to know if we want to start E-Commerce dropshipping(from aliexpress) business registered in India - do we need to get GST? Its just the start so there is obviously no sale. Reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kingpin

Hi ... I would like to know if we want to start E-Commerce dropshipping(from aliexpress) business registered in India - do we need to get GST? Its just the start so there is obviously no sale. Reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

when you're starting you don't need gst registration
but sooner or later facebook will not run your ads until gst id is supplied to them.

Google adwords still doesn't require gst as mandatory. But its always great to jave gst for input tax credits.

Regards!

when you're starting you don't need gst registration
but sooner or later facebook will not run your ads until gst id is supplied to them.

Google adwords still doesn't require gst as mandatory. But its always great to jave gst for input tax credits.

Regards!

Thanks! How to get gst approved invoice format ?

Direct Webstore

Then, what is the procedure to override this problem?

You can't over ride it. The customer has to pay it to the Customs Authority. It has nothing to do with you. The only way to avoid it is to be sensible, stick to guidelines and don't sell huge and expensive items.

Also ... READ the Knowledge Base/Codex and you will be 100 steps ahead of all the lazy people who don't read it. :)

https://alidropship.com/codex/custom-duties-taxes/

Direct Webstore

Thanks! How to get gst approved invoice format ?

You pay the GST. Just build it into your price. i.e Make sure your profit is enough to cover it. Simple.
I don't know what country you are in ... but in Australia you don't have to worry about GST until your turnover exceeds AU$75,000 per year. Visit your country's Tax Dept website and do some research.

Last edited: