Discrepancy between inventory and item availability on AliExpress

Elke

Hoping for some clarification on this.

I'm just getting started with my AliDropship store and I was updating a product I've got on there and I noticed the inventory listed was 69 units, but when I went to the AliExpress page for that item it said "Sorry, this item is no longer available." (See Attachments)

Does this mean my product inventory isn't updating properly or what?

I don't want to be selling products that are actually no longer available on AliExpress.

Any advice?

Cheers,
Elke

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 4.05.25 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 4.05.25 pm.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 4.05.45 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 4.05.45 pm.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

Real Residual

Yeah, I notice this issue as well. I set my product to update hourly, but for some reason, I don't think it is sending unavailable products to draft, however, if I do the updates manually, unavailable items do get sent to draft. So I am doing updates twice a day manually, when I wake up and when I go to sleep. Is this a bug?

Elke

Yeah, I notice this issue as well. I set my product to update hourly, but for some reason, I don't think it is sending unavailable products to draft, however, if I do the updates manually, unavailable items do get sent to draft. So I am doing updates twice a day manually, when I wake up and when I go to sleep. Is this a bug?

Interesting to hear someone else is having the same problem.
How do you change how often your products update? And how do you do it manually?
Thanks

Real Residual

In your WP Admin, go to Alidropship > Settings > Updates

Under Update Products, drop-down, change to Once Hourly.
If you scroll down a little more, you'll see Manual Updating. Click on start and see the items roll...

Elke

In your WP Admin, go to Alidropship > Settings > Updates

Under Update Products, drop-down, change to Once Hourly.
If you scroll down a little more, you'll see Manual Updating. Click on start and see the items roll...

Unfortunately the manual update doesn't seem to be working for me. I click start but nothing happens. Very frustrating.

Elke

It takes about 5 or 10 minutes max. I just leave it running and get my coffee. Not that long.

Ok. Something definitely wrong for me them. I've tried starting the manual update dozens of times and it only ever gets a few percent done before it stops working. I thought I'd just leave it over night to update, but same thing happened. it updated a few percent and then just stopped.

I know you have to have aliexpress open and be logged in to it for the manual update to work. I've had aliexpress open in one tab, and the inventory update page open in another tab and then click 'start'. Maybe this isn't how I'm supposed to do it?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Ok. Something definitely wrong for me them. I've tried starting the manual update dozens of times and it only ever gets a few percent done before it stops working. I thought I'd just leave it over night to update, but same thing happened. it updated a few percent and then just stopped.

I know you have to have aliexpress open and be logged in to it for the manual update to work. I've had aliexpress open in one tab, and the inventory update page open in another tab and then click 'start'. Maybe this isn't how I'm supposed to do it?
If you see update is stuck please refresh the page and it starts again.

Elke

If you see update is stuck please refresh the page and it starts again.

Refresh the manual update page, or the aliexpress page? I think my update is stopping every time Aliexpress automatically logs me out. Seems like i've got to log back in and click 'start' on the manual update again.