Disappointed so far

Local Hiker

I've been following the suggestions in alids documentations and I cannot find any products in my niche that do not require heavy editing of product description. So much editing, in fact, that it would be easier to just enter products manually and not use the plugin.

For example, descriptions in foreign languages, poor translations to English, customer reviews mostly in Russian an other languages. Irrelevant photos, incorrect information, etc. My target market is English speaking hikers. The "best" products are embarrassing to display as is. And that is best scenario.

My guess is the answer to my question is NO, but is there a filter that results in products descriptions that don't seem to have been created by Google Translator, or with photos that have English titles? If not I am afraid this plugin is useless to me.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I've been following the suggestions in alids documentations and I cannot find any products in my niche that do not require heavy editing of product description. So much editing, in fact, that it would be easier to just enter products manually and not use the plugin.

For example, descriptions in foreign languages, poor translations to English, customer reviews mostly in Russian an other languages. Irrelevant photos, incorrect information, etc. My target market is English speaking hikers. The "best" products are embarrassing to display as is. And that is best scenario.

My guess is the answer to my question is NO, but is there a filter that results in products descriptions that don't seem to have been created by Google Translator, or with photos that have English titles? If not I am afraid this plugin is useless to me.
Hello, This is not a plugin issue I suppose, Plugin imports products and their description from aliexpress.com . So, it depends on a chinese seller how relevant English descripttion will be added to a product.
The quantity of reviews in different languages also doesn't connect with a plugin. AliExpress is a very popular marketplace for russian people that's why the quantity of russians reviews is quite high.

Yaros

Staff member

It is a Chinese platform, forget about nice product titles and descriptions. Of course you can add items manually without any plugins, but how are you going to update prices, stock, variations, check availability? Manually also?

Local Hiker

Hello, This is not a plugin issue I suppose, Plugin imports products and their description from aliexpress.com . So, it depends on a chinese seller how relevant English descripttion will be added to a product.
The quantity of reviews in different languages also doesn't connect with a plugin. AliExpress is a very popular marketplace for russian people that's why the quantity of russians reviews is quite high.

I'm not blaming the plugin, per se. I will need to rewrite all product descriptions. This will take a long, long time -- much longer than I anticipated.

Stuart Gibson

I'm not blaming the plugin, per se. I will need to rewrite all product descriptions. This will take a long, long time -- much longer than I anticipated.
Find a way of making a personal template, stored locally on your computer and copy/paste/edit as needed. Long descriptions aren't very good on the eye