Davinci add product sidebar on product page

dodu dodoo

Dear friends,
I am using Davinci theme on Alidropship pluging for Woocommerce wordpress. I have been struggling for days now to find a way to remove the distracting "related products" sidebar on the single product page

a. Removal of 'related products' side bar
a1. I am using the child theme and so far none of the php modifications I use such as "remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_output_related_products', 20 );" are working on the child theme. I tried CSS as well, not working either.
a2. the above works on the Main theme but I want to only use the Child theme

b. Creating a product side bar
Instead of related products, I could put smth else like a glimpse of the product reviews or smth related to that same product but a the bottom of the page! Not on the side so that also I have more witdh for the product description box
b1. When I go on the theme customization/ product page/ there is no option to create a side bar - bottom part of product page
b2. When I click Appearance/ Widgets / there is no option to create one

Have you guys found a solution? Am really stuck....:-(

Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 2.29.29 PM.png

Last edited:

dodu dodoo

Sorry I am on mobile I can't provide to you screenshot at the momment
Now I understand what you meant. I want to completely remove the right end space taken by "related products" and place these at the end of the reviews, horizontally, not vertically. Meaning the product description box should then be wider because there would be no "related products anymore". Hope this is clearer

chris37

Now I understand what you meant. I want to completely remove the right end space taken by "related products" and place these at the end of the reviews, horizontally, not vertically. Meaning the product description box should then be wider because there would be no "related products anymore". Hope this is clearer
Yes is clear now ... that is need a custom css for be possible..
I don't have time for I generated for you.. is something you must do it by yourself.

Also nobody of the developer team is going to help you for this task because is a free theme.

If I find time I will try to generated the css for you ...NO PROMISE HERE ;)

daniel-97

Have you try this?

1606713153088.png

Add this to your head CSS

.col-xl-3 product-sidebar {
visibility: hidden;
}

chris37

Super Daniel thanks a lot.

I went the core way by doing remove_action( 'adswth_single_product_upsell', 'woocommerce_output_related_products', 20 ); directly in the PHP code. I prefer your CSS option! Thx
Yes but this css code is also apply and for the horizontal way..so is not the way you want it.

You must apply @media max-width: (for example 340px) and @media min-width: (for example 640px) for you make the way you like.
Also the "hidden " is let the section in the same place, if you want this section to be gone and have wider discreption area use the "none".

daniel-97

@Daniel: what is the head CSS ? the only place I find is under Appearance> Additional CSS and when I enter the code
.col-xl-3 product-sidebar {
visibility: none;
}

it is still showing. Let me know thx
Yeah, Additional CSS

Try with visibility: hidden; to see if it works... I’m no expert on this so just guessing