Cutified Pets - Pet Themed Apparel and Pet Costumes

Fernand

This thread will serve to provide as much value as I can to you fellow dropshippers. I will be regularly posting on here with updates on my progress and lessons learned throughout my journey.

I got involved with the Alidropship plugin around 1 month ago and started my first dropshipping store: Cutified Pets.

If you plan on visiting my site, I highly encourage you to please do not add anything to your cart. This is so my Facebook Pixel optimization doesn't go totally out of whack. Thanks.

Here is my balance sheet for my first month:

3db5ac12ee.png

As you can see, my net ROI is still negative (-$297.21 CAD). Most of that money was flushed through Facebook ads and Instagram shoutouts. It's been a tough learning curve to say the least, however I consider these as experiments and the "cost of learning" during this venture.

Here are what my sales and traffic reports look like so far:

11481af76d.png
2f8a765195.png

9 out of 11 of my orders so far have been generated through several Free+Shipping offers via Instagram. The other 2 were generated from Facebook ads. My marketing budget far exceeded the revenue I have generated from the orders; hence, the negative ROI. I'm thinking it is either one or all of these:

A) Bad ad copy that isn't clicking with my audience
B) Prices are too high
C) Alidropship's abandon cart feature isn't very optimized (yet)
D) Bad ad pictures that aren't appealing enough to click on

It's been hard to get my ads to click with my target audience. Over the last two weeks, I've been testing and experimenting with different types of ads (PPE, CTW, WC) with different audience combinations. So far, I have not been able to find a winning campaign. My CTR's have been relatively low, trending in the 0.6%-1.7% range. I guess this is the cost of learning (quite and expensive lesson if you ask me). Over the course of January, I will focus primarily on finding at least one winning campaign with the right audience.

Please feel free to post any thoughts or suggestions that you may have regarding my website or marketing strategy.

ZbigniewPL

Hello, Welcome to Alidropship Community.

It's great to see someone who is having orders already.
Please share with us when did You launch Your webstore ?

Im also looking for FB ads strategy, still didnt find a profitable one. Please share your advertisement experiences, i'll be very thankful for any tips which can help to configure my ads.

When I entered your site a saw a code only. Look at the screenshot I attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161225-104613.png
    Screenshot_20161225-104613.png
    361 KB · Views: 61

Alan

Hi Fernand, may i know which optin plugin you are using to capture the email on your site? currently i am using Thrive Leads however i think there is some compatible issue between the plugin and alidropship and it affects the structure of the website.

Thanks

Fernand

Hello, Welcome to Alidropship Community.

It's great to see someone who is having orders already.
Please share with us when did You launch Your webstore ?

Im also looking for FB ads strategy, still didnt find a profitable one. Please share your advertisement experiences, i'll be very thankful for any tips which can help to configure my ads.

When I entered your site a saw a code only. Look at the screenshot I attached.

Thanks for letting me know about that code. I've been experiencing that as well and I'm not sure what is causing it. Maybe @Yaros can provide some insight as to why.

I started watching Ben Malol on Youtube. He has really detailed videos that walk you through the process of FB ads and targeting. Check him out.

Hi Fernand, may i know which optin plugin you are using to capture the email on your site? currently i am using Thrive Leads however i think there is some compatible issue between the plugin and alidropship and it affects the structure of the website.

Thanks

I'm using an optin plugin called Bloom and assigning it to an autoresponder plugin called MyMail.

waterlion

The instagram link in your footer is broken.

The coupon popup shows up WAY too soon. Also it's huge (requires scrolling on my laptop screen).

I'm curious why you don't have a facebook page.

The currency converter doesn't work (it's a bug with the entire plugin... yaros is fixing that)... thus you need to target your specific site GEO. - lots of users leave if they can't convert.

Also, the 'garbage'

upload_2016-12-25_18-8-5.png

KevinRB

I see exactly the same as Waterlion in FireFox.....Chrome loads correctly.

Attachments

• cutifiedpets.jpg
    cutifiedpets.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 14

Doug

Keep going!
I don't think your product prices is a problem, maybe it's about your face ads strategy, I recommend you to learn about it.
Good luck!

Fernand

The coupon popup shows up WAY too soon. Also it's huge (requires scrolling on my laptop screen).

The currency converter doesn't work (it's a bug with the entire plugin... yaros is fixing that)... thus you need to target your specific site GEO. - lots of users leave if they can't convert.

Also, the 'garbage'

View attachment 191

Damn.. thanks for letting me know. I just tested it out in Firefox myself and I'm experiencing the same issue. I'll try to figure out what it is.

Edit: fixed it by purging my website cache.

Last edited:

alioop

Its about your targeting. I can't comment much, but alot of the conversion has to be pre-sold. I have had failed sales, but the ad is performing well. Lots of potential buyers, but the audience is wrong on many levels.

Age, income status, etc.

I so happen to spent on audience that likes the pic, comments they seriously want it, tags their friends, but only a handful of them actually clicked into the site. And the few that clicks into the sites are not adding to cart.

Fernand

Update

Halted all operations until the end of Chinese New Year holiday on or around February 7, 2016.

In the meantime, I'll be working on optimizing my site.

Direct Webstore

Also, the 'garbage'

View attachment 191

Wow! All that stuff is still there! The annoying in your face popup within seconds, the "garbage code" etc etc. Seems like the site has been abandoned.

Fernand

Wow! All that stuff is still there! The annoying in your face popup within seconds, the "garbage code" etc etc. Seems like the site has been abandoned.

Far from abandoned. I'm working on optimizing it right now and halted all adverts until the end of Chinese New Year.

I changed the timing of the pop-up so that it doesn't instantly come up. It actually comes a bit later. @Direct Webstore should I maybe delay it a little bit more? I've been getting a pretty decent opt-in conversion rate at 7.3%.

As far as the garbage code, I've been experimenting with different caching plugins to see which one would eliminate that but it seems like none of them are working right now with MicahelAngelo.

Yaros stated that on the next update, everything should be running better. So we'll have to see from there.

Hey Fernand, thanks for sharing your story! I was wondering if you could share with me your Excel bookkeeping template :) I am looking for one!