Currency Switcher for Woocommerce Flatsome Theme

prod3v

Hello there,

I'm using Flatsome theme for my woocommerce store but I can't display alidropship built in currency switcher as expected. I tried to add some css code to my custom style from this post https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/alidropship-woo-0-8-12-1-update.5983/page-4#post-42210

.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector {
border: none;
padding-left: 0rem!important;
padding-right: 0rem!important;
max-width: 100%;
}
.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector a.currency-item {
width: 115px;
font-size: 10px;
font-weight: 600!important;
color: #000000;
background-color: #ffffff;
border-bottom: 1px solid #ffffff!important;
}
.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector .currency-carret {
border-radius: 12px;
border-style: solid;
border-color: #d9d9d9;
border-width: 1px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
padding-top: 0px;
font-weight: 900;
background-color: #f2f2f2;
}

but it display like this !
https://gyazo.com/c0f02450d23d2670cf9f4ae36ca9590e
https://gyazo.com/56b974f69a36dc401bafaeae288c37fb

Can it be a simple dropdownlist like the default one like this? hokagestore.com
The functionality is great but the display need some work !
Can anyone help me ?

Last edited:
i tried placing it onto the top bar header and everytime i open the currency switcher, the dropdown menu drags the header down. Also when you switch from USD to CAD, there are no prefixes to the price, just showing "$". I am also using Flatsome theme. Working on the css layout is painful because I know little about it.

Anybody know how to enforce checkout to use the changed currency? Even though prices are changed with the correct currency, when you check out, it will switched back to USD. Looks like the currency switcher is only used to give an estimate of how much it would cost in their country. But to checkout, you will always have to use USD.

Mar

i tried placing it onto the top bar header and everytime i open the currency switcher, the dropdown menu drags the header down. Also when you switch from USD to CAD, there are no prefixes to the price, just showing "$". I am also using Flatsome theme. Working on the css layout is painful because I know little about it.

Anybody know how to enforce checkout to use the changed currency? Even though prices are changed with the correct currency, when you check out, it will switched back to USD. Looks like the currency switcher is only used to give an estimate of how much it would cost in their country. But to checkout, you will always have to use USD.
Any element that is together with the currency switcher in the header builder section will be dragged in dropdown. The solution is you position the Currency switcher where it is alone in the section. In my end the currency displayed don't change until the checkout. You get intouch wit the support in this issue. The issues about the prefixes can be resolved with CSS codes. There are some codes in this thread, play with it.

ok i managed to do this without stretching the header, simply add css position as fixed or relative.
what do you mean when you say currency doesn't change until checkout? how do you do it?

prod3v

I am using Flatsome theme and I want to see how the Currency Switcher look, but this links are not working.
I fixed the links
So anybody can help me ?
I think Alidropship team should give us some options ,at least with compatiable theme like flatsome because we aren't a front end developers

fixed the currency output with a prefix with a simple php. can probably google it for a solution.

How about enabling paypal to accept other currency? currency is still in usd although i have changed to Canadian currency.

prod3v

ok i managed to do this without stretching the header, simply add css position as fixed or relative.
what do you mean when you say currency doesn't change until checkout? how do you do it?
Can you please send me your custom css code for this because it didn't work for me :( thanks

Mar

fixed the currency output with a prefix with a simple php. can probably google it for a solution.

How about enabling paypal to accept other currency? currency is still in usd although i have changed to Canadian currency.
Paypal has a default currency setting, if it is USD it is USD.

Mar

I fixed the links
So anybody can help me ?
I think Alidropship team should give us some options ,at least with compatiable theme like flatsome because we aren't a front end developers
The links are still not working.

Mar

I fixed the links
So anybody can help me ?
I see the links now. As I stated in earlier in this thread, you position the Currency Switcher in a section of the Header Builder with no other elements. Your screenshot is so narrow, it is hard to know what part of the header it is, although it look like it is in the Header bottom.. In the screenshot below, HTML1 is the Currency Switcher.download15.png

I see other popular webstore that accepts other payment currency even with paypal. Under Paypal settings, you can configure to accept other currency but on the woocommerce end, the prices at checkout would not change to other currency.

Can you please send me your custom css code for this because it didn't work for me :( thanks

I am no expert in css, this works for me on a desktop when I place currency switcher on the header top bar of flatsome. Don't blame me if this doesn't work. Haven't tried mobile because I do not know where to place my currency switcher on mobile. And in my opinion, I don't think this currency switcher is useful at all. Shows you prices of product in different currency but you can only checkout with the default currency you have set under woocommerce settings.

.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector, .widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector .current-currency a.currency-item {border:none;color:#ffffff;font-size:14px;}
.widget.widget_adsw_currency_selector {position:fixed;top:30px;width:250px;}
.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector .currency-carret {color:black;position:relative;top:-30px;height:0;}
.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector a.currency-item {padding-left:0!important;padding-right:0!important;font-size:14px;color:#414140;height:32px;}

Mar

I see other popular webstore that accepts other payment currency even with paypal. Under Paypal settings, you can configure to accept other currency but on the woocommerce end, the prices at checkout would not change to other currency.
Yes, other website has more than one payment gateway, you have to add and setup. Paypal has a default currency but it don't mean it will not accept other currencies. It will accept any currency but it will convert it to USD.

Mar

And in my opinion, I don't think this currency switcher is useful at all. Shows you prices of product in different currency but you can only checkout with the default currency you have set under woocommerce settings.
I don't agree and don't think anybody would agree that the currency switcher is not useful at all. Looking at the product with the price in currency of your choice is giving you much convenience. Imagine if every time you have to convert every price to a different currency. The default currency during checkout is no big deal, in fact I don't see any problem with it. The thing is you know the price of the product in the currency you want, what you see in the check out is the equivalent in USD, so what is the problem?

Direct Webstore

Hello there,

I'm using Flatsome theme for my woocommerce store but I can't display alidropship built in currency switcher as expected. I tried to add some css code to my custom style from this post https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/alidropship-woo-0-8-12-1-update.5983/page-4#post-42210

.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector {
border: none;
padding-left: 0rem!important;
padding-right: 0rem!important;
max-width: 100%;
}
.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector a.currency-item {
width: 115px;
font-size: 10px;
font-weight: 600!important;
background-color: #ffffff;
border-bottom: 1px solid #ffffff!important;
}
.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector .currency-carret {
border-radius: 12px;
border-style: solid;
border-color: #d9d9d9;
border-width: 1px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
padding-top: 0px;
font-weight: 900;
background-color: #f2f2f2;
}

but it display like this !
https://gyazo.com/c0f02450d23d2670cf9f4ae36ca9590e
https://gyazo.com/56b974f69a36dc401bafaeae288c37fb

Can it be a simple dropdownlist like the default one like this? hokagestore.com
The functionality is great but the display need some work !
Can anyone help me ?
You put it in the wrong place. Re read the instructions carefully.

Direct Webstore

Any element that is together with the currency switcher in the header builder section will be dragged in dropdown. The solution is you position the Currency switcher where it is alone in the section.
Exactly. But people seem incapable of following the simple instructions I wrote.