CPU time usage always exceed with alidropship woo plugin

Is there any way to resolve the cpu time usage when performing alidropship order update and product update? I am currently using Siteground GoGeek hosting with 20,000 seconds of CPU usage per day. Everyday, I am getting warning for going over CPU time usage. I am afraid I am on the verge of getting suspended. I only do product updates once a week because every time I perform a manual update, CPU time usage would go off the roof to 30,000 seconds per day. I have around 400 products. If I were to count all the variants as well, there will be roughly 4000 product ids. I sell apparel so there are lots of variants with colors and sizes.

I noticed that when a customer place multiple orders on a single order, tracking cannot update properly. For example, customer places an order for Product A & Product B. When you perform a tracking update manually, Product A will get a tracking number but Product B will not. With so many orders on hand, I would filter the tracking page on orders that have Aliexpress order number but missing Tracking number. Sometimes I have to perform multiple tracking updates in order to get those missing tracking numbers filled up. That too, took quite a chunk of CPU time usage.

I read a few threads about CPU usage from alidropship user, it seems to be a problem related to woocommerce. My question is, is there anyway to resolve this at the moment? Perhaps switching to another hosting company that someone may advice?

Mar

I read a few threads about CPU usage from alidropship user, it seems to be a problem related to woocommerce. My question is, is there anyway to resolve this at the moment? Perhaps switching to another hosting company that someone may advice?
I'm not sure which thread you have seen. see this link: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/best-hosting-plan.13743/, https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/new-interserver-account.14378/#post-64842, https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/good-hosting.12129/page-2 . There are many, including horror stories about SiteGround. Just ask if you need more information.

I can't find the exact thread that was posted earlier. But someone mentioned that woocommerce only have a single table for their data or something? I don't understand what exactly they were talking about but it seems the problem lies within woocommerce itself. So I was thinking maybe I can switch to a different hosting, that might solve the cpu usage problem. Anything that might be kill the cpu usage is the amount of products i have in store.

I am also using wp rocket as cache and cloudflare. Wp rocket explains that cache is automatically purged when quantity of stock is changed and new purchase order is received. I have disable wp cron and enabled real cro job to run every 30 minutes. I don't know where to look at to solve this problem as I am not a developer.

Mar

I don't know where to look at to solve this problem as I am not a developer.
You don't need to be a developer. I personally have the exact issue you are facing now. My site was also with SiteGround in the past and I understand the issue very well. Below is the statistics of my site. I have two sites in the same server with a total of more than two thousand products. You can see the Disk usage is 24.61GB, database size is 2.43GB.

If these statistics are in SiteGround, I am sure the account was not only suspended but cancelled as they treat resource usage limit as if it is life and death, while Interserver never said a word about it. Inside the small red rectangle in the screenshot is an icon that indicate the resource is unlimited. Even the Inodes, called File Usageis here is unlimited. You can see the CPU usage at 2% despite my heavy activities in the back end, not to mention the visitors of the two sites.
which interserver plan are you using? Mind as well ditch siteground before I get permanently banned.
My plan is the Standard Web Hosting(far below). Moving your site cost you absolutely nothing since the plan is free for the fist month including the migration. And it $1.00/3mo. I am not in this promo, it is only now, so it is a good time to move. But it is not only about the cost and price. Most important is how the host provider resolved the high CPU usage issue. Also, the server was moved, just yesterday, to hybrid kernel for cloud linux which will improve performance further.

1588761108193.png

1588761217740.png

i can't believe it, a dollar for three months? Despite the fact that siteground has bad cpu usage limit, their speed is quite fast compare to other competitors?
Before I chose siteground, I actually went into google and did a lot of research. Every review rank them as number one shared hosting, above other competitors such as bluehost, dreamhost, a2 hosting. I never tried the other ones so I can't say much about them.
My one year renewal is not until next year February unfortunately...........

im not familiar with all the different server type. There is so much to choose from. I went to the live chat support and they advised me to go for $5/month woocommerce plan...

Mar

i can't believe it, a dollar for three months? Despite the fact that siteground has bad cpu usage limit, their speed is quite fast compare to other competitors?
Before I chose siteground, I actually went into google and did a lot of research. Every review rank them as number one shared hosting, above other competitors such as bluehost, dreamhost, a2 hosting. I never tried the other ones so I can't say much about them.
My one year renewal is not until next year February unfortunately...........
It is your site and you are free to do what you want. It is just a recommendation since you were asking. As I said earlier, my site was with Siteground in the past and I know SiteGround very very well. I have a long post about SiteGround in the forum. Siteground is one example of a host provider that spend a lot in marketing, advertise every where, reviews here, reviews there. Where do they recover the cost? of course in the price of their product. But if you review what they offer, they are all the same as most host provider. But in fact, SiteGround is the only host provider that impose limit even the size of database table, not the whole database size but database table. So if you exceed the database size, you have to upgrade, but if one of your database table will exceed the limit, you have to upgrade again. Haven't seen such a crazy resource limit.

If it is so cheap and nobody have tried, yes you will be wondering. But if you search the forum you will see the comment of other users who are with InterServer now, not to mention users who expressed their appreciation in PM.
im not familiar with all the different server type. There is so much to choose from. I went to the live chat support and they advised me to go for $5/month woocommerce plan...
If you mean InterServer live chat support. that is fine. In fact I am in $9.95/mo now. If you buy the $5.00/mo, chances are you will not upgrade anymore. Below is the speed of my site in GTmetrics. It has an average of 1.5 to 2.5 seconds. So again, I just recommend since you were asking, but it is really up to you.

1588777702805.png

Thank you Mar for taking the time to explain these in details. That is incredible speed for testing under Canada. I usually get 5 seconds or more under Canada with wp rocket and cloudflare. But in USA, usually around 2.5 seconds. i guess that depends on where the server location is at.

What do you mean by " If you buy the $5.00/mo, chances are you will not upgrade anymore. " You upgraded your plan to 9.95 per month or was it that expensive already with shared hosting years ago without the promotion?

Mar

What do you mean by " If you buy the $5.00/mo, chances are you will not upgrade anymore. " You upgraded your plan to 9.95 per month or was it that expensive already with shared hosting years ago without the promotion?
I have only one site then. In anticipation of the other site that I will launch then, I upgraded to $9.95/mo. In this upgrade, everything is the same in the plan but resources were double. What I mean chances are you will not upgrade anymore is the $5.00/mo plan will be enough for you, but it will really depend.

One thing I will tell you now is if you are not planning to move your site yet, not necessarily to InterServer, due to the expiration you mentioned earlier, you must be very careful your site is not suspended or worse your account cancelled by SiteGround. You must understand that to move a site, again not necessarily to InterServer, an access to the site is required to perform a full cPanel backup necessary for the migration. If the site is suspended or your account cancelled, nobody will have access anymore except SiteGround. You will be at their mercy. There is a good chance that the contents of the site will be lost forever. This is a serious advice.

There was a case, a user asked help in PM, asking if I know an entity that he can file a complaint because the content of his site were lost and cannot be recovered anymore. It was not SiteGround, I don't have to mention it here. That time, I did not know any entity, this time I know.

Mar

I have only one site then. In anticipation of the other site that I will launch then, I upgraded to $9.95/mo. In this upgrade, everything is the same in the plan but resources were double. What I mean chances are you will not upgrade anymore is the $5.00/mo plan will be enough for you, but it will really depend.

One thing I will tell you now is if you are not planning to move your site yet, not necessarily to InterServer, due to the expiration you mentioned earlier, you must be very careful your site is not suspended or worse your account cancelled by SiteGround. You must understand that to move a site, again not necessarily to InterServer, an access to the site is required to perform a full cPanel backup necessary for the migration. If the site is suspended or your account cancelled, nobody will have access anymore except SiteGround. You will be at their mercy. There is a good chance that the contents of the site will be lost forever. This is a serious advice.

There was a case, a user asked help in PM, asking if I know an entity that he can file a complaint because the content of his site were lost and cannot be recovered anymore. It was not SiteGround, I don't have to mention it here. That time, I did not know any entity, this time I know.

@Mar are you sure Inodes are unlimited at Interserver? https://www.interserver.net/terms-of-service.html
For CPU usage they are probably not going to suspend you but from what they told me they still have soft and hard limits. I can see short CPU usage spikes almost every day and message "Your access to resources was limited". They don't seem to be cranky about that although they just slow the site down at that time... soft limit. They reckon it's ajax calls and cron job, I'll try enabling cron job in cPanel. Will see how it goes. Installed Heartbeat plugin, reduced frequency to 15 that alone didn't seem to help with ajax. Tried disabling "ajax refresh fragments", that bastard is still there

What hybrid kernel for cloud linux are you talking about? Is this a different server? They transfered me to 2040. Is this the one?
Are you on VPS or IS Boost 2 cores?

If these statistics are in SiteGround, I am sure the account was not only suspended but cancelled as they treat resource usage limit as if it is life and death, while Interserver never said a word about it. Inside the small red rectangle in the screenshot is an icon that indicate the resource is unlimited. Even the Inodes, called File Usageis here is unlimited. You can see the CPU usage at 2% despite my heavy activities in the back end, not to mention the visitors of the two sites.

Mar

@Mar are you sure Inodes are unlimited at Interserver? https://www.interserver.net/terms-of-service.html
For CPU usage they are probably not going to suspend you but from what they told me they still have soft and hard limits. I can see short CPU usage spikes almost every day and message "Your access to resources was limited". They don't seem to be cranky about that although they just slow the site down at that time... soft limit.
Sorry if you are confused. Yes, it is true InterServer has soft limits in some areas. If you have used all resources e.g. CPU and RAM your site will slow down but they never call your attention or say a word, much less suspend your account.

If you mean the resources in my cPanel screenshots, yes, that is true, resources are unlimited including Inodes. To be honest, there was a change and initially I was not aware until I asked why some information like Physical Memory, etc. are not available in cPanel Statistics. The answer was, if we show it, your account will be limited again like it was. I believe it is a compliment. So I did not insist anymore. But without this status, my sites were performing fine and never have a problem.
What hybrid kernel for cloud linux are you talking about? Is this a different server? They transfered me to 2040. Is this the one?
Are you on VPS or IS Boost 2 cores?
I am in IS Boost 2 Cores. Hybrid kernel for cloud linux is described as, The kernel is a fundamental part of a modern computer's operating system and used to initialize and manages critical resources like CPU, Memory, I/O devices, clocks etc and provides a platform to be able to run other programs and utilize all these resources in better way.

Haha I asked them to put an Inodes usage tab in my cPanel and it shows a limit of 800,000. I think it's impossible to have unlimited anyways especially on a shared plan. Even earlier they said it themselves, unlimited is not really unlimited, TOS applies but we give you 800,000 still, I guess they just apply limits based on their servers load. I don't think showing a tab in cPanel affects your limits, they still have their internal info on that and it's better to be aware of your stats as well. I didn't see any change with or without status tabs.
I'm ok with the current performance anyways, just prolonged for another year.

If you mean the resources in my cPanel screenshots, yes, that is true, resources are unlimited including Inodes. To be honest, there was a change and initially I was not aware until I asked why some information like Physical Memory, etc. are not available in cPanel Statistics. The answer was, if we show it, your account will be limited again like it was. I believe it is a compliment. So I did not insist anymore. But without this status, my sites were performing fine and never have a problem.

Umm, I was just interested what kernel you moved from and whether there's an option to choose kernels at Interserver.

Hybrid kernel for cloud linux is described as, The kernel is a fundamental part of a modern computer's operating system and used to initialize and manages critical resources like CPU, Memory, I/O devices, clocks etc and provides a platform to be able to run other programs and utilize all these resources in better way.

Mar

Haha I asked them to put an Inodes usage tab in my cPanel and it shows a limit of 800,000. I think it's impossible to have unlimited anyways especially on a shared plan.
I agree with you. There is no such thing as unlimited. I have a post about it in the past. When the host provider say unlimited, it mean the resources are so high that they think it is impossible for users to use all.
Umm, I was just interested what kernel you moved from and whether there's an option to choose kernels at Interserver.
This kernel thing is not for user level to implement.

I agree with you. There is no such thing as unlimited. I have a post about it in the past. When the host provider say unlimited, it mean the resources are so high that they think it is impossible for users to use all.
Definitely, there's only that many stores that you can manage, may be 5 max, and you'd kill underperformers anyway.