CPU is running out when publishing product

oran147

Hello, I have an issue with the plugin for Woocommerce.
Every time that I publish a product(pressing on the button "publish"), the CPU load is very high on my server. Especially when it's a product with a lot of variations.
Is there any solution for this issue?

Many thanks!

Direct Webstore

The Woo plugin's CPU problem with "updating" products is a well known issue, especially when the products have lots of variations ... and this is obviously/probably related to it. But I could be wrong. Let's see what others have to say.

The only thing you can do is avoid products with lots of variations and/or move to a host that has a more generous CPU quota.

:)

oran147

The Woo plugin's CPU problem with "updating" products is a well known issue, especially when the products have lots of variations ... and this is obviously/probably related to it. But I could be wrong. Let's see what others have to say.

But I'm not talking about "updating the product", I'm talking about publishing it after changing all the things I want to change(from draft to published).
I blocked the updating.

Direct Webstore

But I'm not talking about "updating the product", I'm talking about publishing it after changing all the things I want to change.
I blocked the updating.

I know that ... I said ...
this is obviously/probably related to it.

Woo plugin + products with many variations = High CPU useage. Your problem seems to be another branch of that problem.

Like I said ... lets see what others say. And the Alidropship staff will be back at work tomorrow (Monday), so wait and see if any of them reply here.

But I'm guessing that because not much can be done with the updating problem, apart from limiting the amount of products with many variations ... then there's "probably" not much you can do with your problem either.

That's why I said ... "No"

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

oran147

I know that ... I said ...

Woo plugin + products with many variations = High CPU useage. Your problem seems to be another branch of that problem.

Like I said ... lets see what others say. And the Alidropship staff will be back at work tomorrow (Monday), so wait and see if any of them reply here.

But I'm guessing that because not much can be done with the updating problem, apart from limiting the amount of products with many variations ... then there's "probably" not much you can do with your problem either.

This is really SUCKS!
Why we paid for this plugin if we cannot use it as we need? They are not working on an update to fix this issue?? This is Alidropship responsibility with all due respect.

Direct Webstore

Why we paid for this plugin if we cannot use it as we need?
The Woo plugin works fine for me as I follow all the recommended advice on this forum regarding it. If I'm not happy with that, I could change to the Original plugin which does not have this issue. But I and many others are happy with it.

They are not working on an update to fix this issue??
The problem is with Woo Commerce ... not the Alidropship Woo plugin. They can't do anything about Woo Commerce. But Woo Commerce is aware of this problem and THEY are working on it. The problem is that Woo Commerce puts ALL it's products and related data into ONE database table. They are working to change that soon.

There is a beta plugin out on Github already to split the products and data over several database tables. I'm patiently waiting for that to solve the issue. But it's not Alidropship's fault.

This is Alidropship responsibility with all due respect.
See above. It's not.

But they were supposed to be putting a warning up on the sales page about the Woo plugin's limitations ... I wish they would hurry up and do it because I'm getting sick and tired of hearing people complain about it.

Last edited:

oran147

The Woo plugin works fine for me as I follow all the recommended advice on this forum regarding it. If I'm not happy with that, I could change to the Original plugin which does not have this issue. But I and many others are happy with it.

The problem is with Woo Commerce ... not the Alidropship Woo plugin. They can't do anything about Woo Commerce. But Woo Commerce is aware of this problem and THEY are working on it.

See above. It's not.

Oh, I see.. OK, I will be waiting for their response, thanks man!

Mar

Is it a known issue? Nothing I can do to continue working with this plugin?
High CPU usage is a known issue when Auto update is activated. But simply publishing a product is new. Check your host provider if this opcache and apcu extensions are available in your cPanel. I used to have this critical issues including Social Rabbit until my host provider activated this extensions. It's been sometime now when I activated Auto update and Social Rabbit just recently and I never have this CPU issue again. Talking about variatons, yes it is a factor, but I have a total of 43961 variations out of 2313 products, see screenshots. I confirm it is due to this two extensions since I can easily disable and enable it to test.

1554033781662.png

1554033861212.png

1554033950680.png

1554035000501.png

Last edited:

oran147

High CPU usage is a known issue when Auto update is activated. But simply publishing a product is new. Check your host provider if this opcache and apcu extensions are available in your cPanel. I used to have this critical issues including Social Rabbit until my host provider activated this extensions. It's been sometime now when I activated Auto update and Social Rabbit just recently and I never have this CPU issue again. Talking about variatons, yes it is a factor, but I have a total of 43961 variations out of 2313 products, see screenshots. I confirm it is due to this two extensions since I can easily disable and enable it to test.

View attachment 8514

View attachment 8515

View attachment 8516

View attachment 8518
Yes, I'm talking about simply publishing products, and I have checked it, when Aliedropship plugin is turned off, it's not happening at all.
And my host provider response is that
Apcache is depreciated in php 7 you will only have Opcache in php 7. Also apcu is installed on the server as well.
Other solutions? :(

Direct Webstore

I used to have this critical issues including Social Rabbit until my host provider activated this extensions.
I've opened an Interserver account for a couple of my sites now too. If it goes well ... I'll be moving the others there too soon.

opcache and apcu extensions are available in your cPanel.
I've ticked those too ... thanks to your earlier posts. :)

Last edited:

Mar

Yes, I'm talking about simply publishing products, and I have checked it, when Aliedropship plugin is turned off, it's not happening at all.
And my host provider response is that
Apcache is depreciated in php 7 you will only have Opcache in php 7. Also apcu is installed on the server as well.
Other solutions? :(
Opcache has issues with PHP7.3 but working fine with PHP7.2. If your cPanel have the two extensions and activated and don't resolve the issue, there could be some other factor, e.g. the server itself. My server is Litespeed and I am using Litespeed cache.

Direct Webstore

But I still think updating Products with many variations and this new publishing products with many variations causing CPU spikes is related. It has to be.

oran147

But once the bulk of your products have been published ... it shouldn't be much of a problem ... right?
That's right.

Opcache has issues with PHP7.3 but working fine with PHP7.2. If your cPanel have the two extensions and activated and don't resolve the issue, there could be some other factor, e.g. the server itself. My server is Litespeed and I am using Litespeed cache.
I'm using CloudWays(Digital Ocean) and using Hummingbird caching, but also there is cache for Cloudflare(that is connected to Hummingbird), and the server chaching(Memcached, Redis, and Varnish).

Direct Webstore

Where can I open a ticket for the support team?

support@alidropship.com

Be prepared to give them admin access too. Create a new user with Admin rights and give them the Admin login URL, username and password ... because they will probably ask for it.

You can delete the user after they are done.

And on second thoughts, they will need access to your cPanel too. Don't worry, you can trust them. I do.

Last edited:

Mar

That's right.

I'm using CloudWays(Digital Ocean) and using Hummingbird caching, but also there is cache for Cloudflare(that is connected to Hummingbird), and the server chaching(Memcached, Redis, and Varnish).
This issue is so confusing. I have seen posts from other members with the same issue. Then it said he switched to Cloudways and the issue was resolved. Now you are already in Cloudways and have this CPU issue even just publishing a product which is worse than activating Auto update.