Contact us email system doesn't work.

Holyhi

I just almost made my website and I have tested the email system on my website's contact page. But it doesn't work.

So I went to my contact us page and then I filled out the blanks that wanted customers to write their names and emails info and I clicked sendmessage button... and showed up a page like "thank you for contacting us", and then I went to check my support email out on my webmail page. But there's no email at all.

So I tested to send an email from my another personal account to support@mywebsite.com. That did work well.

What should I do? Did anyone happen like me??

Luvie

what email did you enter on the 'send a copy to' on the first try, was it support@domain.com?
if that's the case and you're not receiving it, then your hosting might not allow 3rd party smtp?

this happened to me and took me a while to figure out but it turns out a2hosting doesn't allow 3rd party smtp and there was no way around it so i just switched over to alidropship's hosting and everything was okay after that.

otherwise, check your mailing service if your account is activated.

those are the only ones i could think of why your notification emails wont work.

Luvie

better check with your hosting if they allow 3rd party smtp first unless your hosting is with alidropship

Holyhi

I don't get what you mean...

my webemail is now activated.. but seems like only when I send that from my website doesn't work.

do you know how to check the contact page on Wordpress? I can see the other pages but that page looks like nothing on Wordpress

Luvie

what hosting do you use? is it alidropship's or a 3rd party hosting?

your mailing service account is activated?

if it doesn't send from the Contact Page from the website and you're not receiving it on your webmail (email@domain.com) then something is blocking it.

if you're using a 3rd party hosting - then double check with your hosting if they allow 3rd party smtp. Meaning if they allow you to receive emails from Sendgrid - Mailgun - seninblue or whichever mailing service you chose. :)

Luvie

the mailing service account i was pertaining to was mailgun, sendinblue, sendgrid etc - that one is activated correct?

Holyhi

No I meant webmail. no mail service. it's just support mail like support@domain.com. I think you didn't get what I exactly said.

I choose Horde. and I tested several times from my another mail account.

It doesn't only work from contact page. I thought that was supposed to be sent to my support@domain.com.

And I use Alidropship hosting.

Luvie

okay so are you signed up or are you not signed up for mailgun/sendgrid/sendinblue/sparkpost/mandrill?

did you enter API keys correctly on alidropship > notifications > mailing service settings ?

cause the process goes like contact page > customer sends inquiry > goes through mailgun/sendgrid/sendinblue/sparkpost/mandrill > sends to your webmail

-----------

if you're using alidropship hosting and you have everything setup correctly - you should be able to receive it because mine worked.

the only thing i could think of why you are NOT receiving from contact page is if your Mailing Service (sendgrid etc) is not setup properly.

Did you follow this instructions?
https://alidropship.com/codex/mail-service-notifications-setup/

----------

Check your Contact Us form settings as well - enter support@domain.com on the "Send To" field

if you have your mail service setup - then double check the log on their website - they usually log it if the mail gets delivered or not.

mine looked like this http://server.myspace-shack.com/d22/capture54046.jpg

otherwise, i dont know what else could be wrong if you have everything setup correctly :)

Last edited:

Holyhi

I was going to follow the Mailgun instructions but..

what about using domain from godaddy and hosting from Alidropship?

looks like I can't control my DNS records.
it says from godaddy like :
Records
We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us.

how did you do that ? any advice?

Luvie

you can edit your dns settings through your alidropship cpanel, you should have all your links on the email they sent you when they gave you all your account information.

login to cpanel > advance dns editor > enter all needed information from mailing service to verify you own the domain.

i think they suggested using sendgrid cause there's no need for verification but theres a monthly fee after 30 days.

i personally use sendinblue. took awhile to validate my account after doing all the requirements but you just gotta keep contacting them. im allowed 300 emails a day or 9k emails a month. if i need more then its only 8$ CAD a month. :)

Holyhi

I am done . but looks like it's not working yet?
did I miss something?
I am even verified from mailgun and tested from my website contact page but never received that on webmail. (support@mydomain.com)
should I change the code in Email template?
Omg..this makes me crazy... I still have so much to do to open my website...:(

Luvie

you changed your dns already?

go to "Domains" then your API key should be listed under the Domain Information,
Copy that then go to Alidropship > Notifications > Mailing Service settings > Choose Mailgun > Paste API key and the domain you used.

I had problems setting up my mailgun too because I wasn't sure if i should use domain.com or mg.domain.com that's why I used sendinblue :S

make sure to check the following too (this is just below the mailing service settings)
Purchase Email Notification" Settings > enter support@domain.com at 'Send a copy to' field
Contact Form Settings > enter support@domain.com at 'Send To' field

If you have your mailing service settings configured and all ready to go, you should be fine on everything else :)
This is the part that took me awhile to figure out especially since I wasn't familiar with SMTP but you should be okay once you figure it all out

Luvie

Oh and also, you need to send an email to mailgun customer support.

https://mailgun.com/app/support

Here's the sample from the knowledge base:

Enter ticket subject: Business verification

Enter this message:

1. What types of emails will you be sending – transactional or marketing? Please tell us briefly about how your business uses email.
– I will use email notifications to notify my clients about purchasing and when order status is changed.

2. Where do you source your database of email addresses? Please provide any available links.
– I collect emails on my store, for example from checkout page.

3. Are all of your email addresses double-opt in? (This means that the user has requested your emails through sign-up and then confirmed via email that they want to receive your communication).
– I only use customers’emails for notifications, no double-opt in is used.

4. What is your expected monthly volume of messages?
– 100-1000

5. Have you read our Email Best Practices document?
– Yes

Holyhi

Yeah I did send the business ticket.

And this is from Mailgun dashboard.
I am done 1,2,3 steps but do I have to do 4 step? it looks like so difficult to do for me...using Api??Smtp?
(https://documentation.mailgun.com/quickstart-sending.html#how-to-start-sending-email)

Getting Started

75%
  1. Activate your account
    Check your email so we know you're legit. Resend.
  2. Add a custom domain
    So you can send email from your own domain. More info.
  3. Verify a custom domain
    So we know you own the domain you added. More info.
  4. Send an email
    Email yourself. Do it! Show me how.

Joon Weng

Hi Holyhi

I'm a new user, so in the end did you manage to settle your problem.. I have read, and my problem is similar to you.

Joon Weng

Hi, just wanna let anyone know who having the same problem, I manage to set it up, now my Domain contact us email is working.

First: make sure you have set up the notification under your wordpress. I using mailgun, so it required you to set up your API key and domain name.
Secondly, in order to set up API key and domain name, you need to register mail gun. after register, they will give you the API key. As for domain name, is refer the nameyou set up inside mail gun for example alidropship.com.

my experience is it takes 2 hours for it to validate.. I manage to accomplish it without verifying my domain name inside mailgun (mean I didn't touch my namecheap DNS setting.

Hopefully it work for you cause it work for me after several test through my website and personal email.

Good Luck!

Tan Eng Keong

Hi,

Would like to know if any one of you face issue like me:
When i clicked on the support@mydomain.com located at the header of my homepage, and filled in my personal email & message, i received a direct email from my personal email.
When i clicked into the Contact Us page, and filled in my personal email & message, i received only notification from no-reply@mydomain.com.
I did not use any 3rd party email service like Mailgun, Sendinblue, etc. I only use SMTP. (Or it is neccessary to use 3rd party email service?)

choy8433h

Hi,

Would like to know if any one of you face issue like me:
When i clicked on the support@mydomain.com located at the header of my homepage, and filled in my personal email & message, i received a direct email from my personal email.
When i clicked into the Contact Us page, and filled in my personal email & message, i received only notification from no-reply@mydomain.com.
I did not use any 3rd party email service like Mailgun, Sendinblue, etc. I only use SMTP. (Or it is neccessary to use 3rd party email service?)

as I know, you need 3rd party email service. else you failed to receive notification mail in abandoned cart and also the tracking notification to customer.