Cloudfare

Myst7

Hi,

Is there anyone using Cloudfare to update his site speed and make it more secure? Would you recommend it? If so, which package?

Thanks

Mar

I signed up with Cloudflare CDN, the free plan. Usually it is activated in cPanel like I did, now for some reasons I activated it my Cloudflare account. Definitely I recommend it as much as your webhost would. Visit this link for more understanding: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-a-cdn/. Your webhost support can explain the advantage of content delivery network (CDN) also.

Myst7

Thanks for your feedback Mar. However I am currently using alidropship as a host, and cloudflare requires me to change to their dns to use their services . Won't that be a problem ? (for example for retrieving my emails which I have set alidropship dns) @Yaros

Yaros

Staff member
Thanks for your feedback Mar. However I am currently using alidropship as a host, and cloudflare requires me to change to their dns to use their services . Won't that be a problem ? (for example for retrieving my emails which I have set alidropship dns) @Yaros
Yes it should work fine, but be careful with Rocket option on Cloudflare, I would not recommend using it to avoid issues.

Mar

Yes, you have to use their DNS. Since I activated Cloudflare CDN in cloudflare.com, I cannot open my webmail with the same link I used before. My webhost sent me another link to open it and that is what I am using now. It is a little complicated, something you need Alidropship support since they are your host. My CDN used to be activated in cPanel. When my site was transitioned to PHP7.1, I cannot use www in my site's URL, it has some conflict with the SSL. When CDN is activated in cPanel you need to have www in your site's URL otherwise it will not work. That is why to have CDN without www, you activate it not in cPanel. I don't know if it is the same case with your site. If you can activate CDN in cPanel, I suggest in cPanel, it is much less complicated.

Mar

Thanks for the suggestion. I was planning on sticking to the free option, just for the global cdn
Free plan is available in cPanel or in cloudflare.com. If you have no issue activating it in cPanel, I suggest cPanel.

Myst7

Free plan is available in cPanel or in cloudflare.com. If you have no issue activating it in cPanel, I suggest cPanel.
When o registered they asked to activate it through their website, but I didn't complete the process since I wasn't sure it was safe to change my dns settings.
How can I do it from cpanel rather than their website ?

Mar

When o registered they asked to activate it through their website, but I didn't complete the process since I wasn't sure it was safe to change my dns settings.
How can I do it from cpanel rather than their website ?
I don't know how it look in your cPanel. In mine it look like the attached. Just click it and you will see another window with instructions to activate it. But is it best if you ask help from your webhost support to make sure because after that you need to add www in your URL if you don't have it yet.

Attachments

• Cloudflare1.jpg
    Cloudflare1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 24

Myst7

I don't know how it look in your cPanel. In mine it look like the attached. Just click it and you will see another window with instructions to activate it. But is it best if you ask help from your webhost support to make sure because after that you need to add www in your URL if you don't have it yet.
www will be added regardless of the method I'm using to install it ? Currently I don't have a www

Mar

www will be added regardless of the method I'm using to install it ? Currently I don't have a www
You need it when you activate cloudflare in cPanel, or else it will not work. If you activate it in cloudflare.com, you don't need it.

Myst7

I have tried to activate it through their website. They provided my with a new DNS to setup on my host (namecheap). After updating to their DNS, my website is now down (it says there may be TLS issues).

Any help would be appreciated!