Changing from AliDropShip to AliDropShipWoo

GymJim

Hey guys,

Is it possible to install the Woocommerce plugin onto the same server, create the new store and then turn off the other plugin when the new store is ready?

We are becoming increasingly fed up with poor loading times and the general look of the website and would prefer switching over to the WooCommerce plugin that allows for much greater flexibility and themes.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hey guys,

Is it possible to install the Woocommerce plugin onto the same server, create the new store and then turn off the other plugin when the new store is ready?

We are becoming increasingly fed up with poor loading times and the general look of the website and would prefer switching over to the WooCommerce plugin that allows for much greater flexibility and themes.
You get your own personal license key that is valid for one website/domain name. If you decide to create another webstore in future, we can deactivate the license on your current store and activate it on another one for free.

GymJim

Hi Victoria,

I realise we have 1 licence per domain, what we want to do is transfer from using AliDropShip plugin (using your themes) to the WooCommerce plugin, as the themes that you have set up are providing us with really poor load times and the layouts are sadly underoptimised.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria,

I realise we have 1 licence per domain, what we want to do is transfer from using AliDropShip plugin (using your themes) to the WooCommerce plugin, as the themes that you have set up are providing us with really poor load times and the layouts are sadly underoptimised.

Yes, it is possible to switch from one plugin to another with 1 license key. You need to email us your license key when you ready to do this and we will reset it.
support@alidropship.com

GymJim

But I can't build one while the other is active I assume?

As I want minimal downtown, so would prefer not taking one offline, waiting for the switch, setting the next one up.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
But I can't build one while the other is active I assume?

As I want minimal downtown, so would prefer not taking one offline, waiting for the switch, setting the next one up.
Yes, 1 domain name = 1 license key. If you need both sites being active, you need to buy another license.

GymJim

No, I think you are misunderstanding what I am asking

I would like to get the WooCommerce plugin up and running on the same domain so for example

beta.garlicpresses.co.uk while we do that we still want to have our store open on garlicpresses.co.uk

That way it reduces any downtime for us, as we can move the beta to the normal site.

Is that possible? I am starting to think no, we will just have to take the whole site off line for a week or two and rebuild it using WooCommerce.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Н
No, I think you are misunderstanding what I am asking

I would like to get the WooCommerce plugin up and running on the same domain so for example

beta.garlicpresses.co.uk while we do that we still want to have our store open on garlicpresses.co.uk

That way it reduces any downtime for us, as we can move the beta to the normal site.

Is that possible? I am starting to think no, we will just have to take the whole site off line for a week or two and rebuild it using WooCommerce.
You may receive a beta tester license for your subdomain - this is for free: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/how-to-become-a-beta-tester.824/

GymJim

Again, I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to do.

I want to move my whole store over from AliDropShip to AliDropShipWoo. I don't want to have to have very much downtime and want to build AliDropShipWoo while my other store is still running.

I know I can't run them both on the same domain i.e garlicpress.co.uk, but I want to run them on a subdomain so not.garlicpress.co.uk and then when the AliDropShipWoo site is complete, I can then turn off AliDropShip and everyone will see the brand new shiny site (within a few hours).

From what I have read on the forum I can't do the above. I would have to turn AliDropShip off, transfer to AliDropShipWoo, rebuild the site and import all the products again... I just wanted clarity before I went and did this, as doing option B would take time and would basically be really annoying.

Sunster

Staff member
I really don't know why @Victoria Kudryashova is unable to understand what you want.

@GymJim , to move from one plugin to another you will have to import all the products again. But if it's just about having no downtime, then you could use that temp subdomain license and work on building the site but again you would have to go through the whole setup again and of course import all the products again.

So either way the products will need to be imported again. Have you tried to address the speed issues?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Again, I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to do.

I want to move my whole store over from AliDropShip to AliDropShipWoo. I don't want to have to have very much downtime and want to build AliDropShipWoo while my other store is still running.

I know I can't run them both on the same domain i.e garlicpress.co.uk, but I want to run them on a subdomain so not.garlicpress.co.uk and then when the AliDropShipWoo site is complete, I can then turn off AliDropShip and everyone will see the brand new shiny site (within a few hours).

From what I have read on the forum I can't do the above. I would have to turn AliDropShip off, transfer to AliDropShipWoo, rebuild the site and import all the products again... I just wanted clarity before I went and did this, as doing option B would take time and would basically be really annoying.
Yes, I understand what you mean. You need to import all products again and build a store from a scratch.
As I said we can give you a license for Beta testers - you can use it on a subdomain. Or you can do the second option :
"I would have to turn AliDropShip off, transfer to AliDropShipWoo, rebuild the site and import all the products again..."

Last edited: