Change to Ali woo from Alidropship original

pouria

Hi everyone.

I setup my shop on Alidropship (original version) but after a while, I am thinking of shifting it to Woo version, somewhere i reed that must start everything from 0! I already have more than 80 products ready to sell.
Does anyone here has experience with changing like this?
what happen to the products?do I have to import them all again and edit them?
and for the theme, any Woocommerce compatible theme can be used? or only can use those available on the Alidropship.com ?
your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Christina

Administrator
Hi everyone.

I setup my shop on Alidropship (original version) but after a while, I am thinking of shifting it to Woo version, somewhere i reed that must start everything from 0! I already have more than 80 products ready to sell.
and for the theme, any Woocommerce compatible theme can be used? or only can use those available on the Alidropship.com ?

Thanks

Hello, pouria!
If you change AliDropship Plugin to AliDropship Woo Plugin you will have to create your store from scratch. You will have to import and edit all the products again.
We have a list of recommended WooCommerce themes https://alidropship.com/themes/. You can use other Woocommerce themes but we can't garantee that they will work correctly.

pouria

How about if use Wordpress staging/cloning from my cpanel. then remove the alidropship and install woo version?

pouria

If you change AliDropship Plugin to AliDropship Woo Plugin you will have to create your store from scratch
do I need to remove the whole wordpress and install again or can I just remove the alidropship plugin and install Woo ?
and is there any article regarding this?

Thanks

Arnaldo

Reinstall all from scratch, my dear Persian mate ;-)

The hard way ;-(

Standard fresh wp install then install Woocommerce and Aliwoo plugin.

You'll be rewarded in the end.

BlakeBlakeBlake

Hi everyone.

Thanks

Hi Pouria. My sad fellow. I am in the same boat as you. I too have about 80 products that I've spent countless hours finding, importing, editing, publishing, and organizing. The alids plugin with Michelangelo theme was not converting so I was down about that. I knew switching to alidswoo had the potential to be rough. But to start from scratch now I am really down and out. How are you coping with it friend?!

kingpin

WP import All Plugin and WP Export Plugin when used in the right way helps importing Alidropship original plugin's databases to woocommerce.

There's a workaround to make this switching done let me try to explain the steps in a nutshell

1. backup your current databases with any backup plugin

2. create a subdomain and install a fresh wordpress with same theme and plugins

3. install WP export All plugin on your current site and export all the data
4. install WP import All on the new created subdomain and import all the settings

now
5. after cross check both installs and see all the database and setting are done. use wp reset plugin and clean your main current site and again install wp import all there with woocommerce addon there.

6. import everything from the sub domain and the plugin wp import all with create those databases as woocommerce database with images, featured images, descriptions. supplier info wont be copied
you'll need to do that part manually and it won't take so long to do this copy and pasting.

its done!

pouria

WP import All Plugin and WP Export Plugin when used in the right way helps importing Alidropship original plugin's databases to woocommerce.

There's a workaround to make this switching done let me try to explain the steps in a nutshell

1. backup your current databases with any backup plugin

2. create a subdomain and install a fresh wordpress with same theme and plugins

3. install WP export All plugin on your current site and export all the data
4. install WP import All on the new created subdomain and import all the settings

now
5. after cross check both installs and see all the database and setting are done. use wp reset plugin and clean your main current site and again install wp import all there with woocommerce addon there.

6. import everything from the sub domain and the plugin wp import all with create those databases as woocommerce database with images, featured images, descriptions. supplier info wont be copied
you'll need to do that part manually and it won't take so long to do this copy and pasting.

its done!
Thanks for your complete advice.

But about part "6", thats the main pain in the Ars that one by one go through whole product need to be settles. :D other wise to me setting up is the easiest way.
but i believe after re-setup the store, will have a great knowledge about it :))

pouria

@BlakeBlakeBlake

2 Categories of people: the ones that never give up and those who give up everytime such things happen.

Every day I want to give up, but every day I do something toward a clear goal.

I am kinda accustomed to these bad events on a regular basis.

So I let you cope with it because it's hard enough like that ;-)

Take a deep breath and move on.

Big like to that!

it's way harder than running an offline business (only at beginning) and I believe once unlock the first step(conversion) the rest will be following the flow .

pouria

Hi Pouria. My sad fellow. I am in the same boat as you. I too have about 80 products that I've spent countless hours finding, importing, editing, publishing, and organizing. The alids plugin with Michelangelo theme was not converting so I was down about that. I knew switching to alidswoo had the potential to be rough. But to start from scratch now I am really down and out. How are you coping with it friend?!

Hi mate,I can say we are exactly in the same boat as we have the exact situation.
anyway, I haven't fully move to other plugin yet as i am in middle of chaos of shifting house :D .
but so far here is what i am doing,

1)I have created some backup of my whole WP from my Cpanel.
2) I have created a folder with all my products details in one folder. each folder has:
a) the product name on it
b) photos
c) Precious description in a Word file.
3) I Created an excel file with all the product details on it, Such as :
a) product name
b)selling price
c) costs
d) category
e) other information( i also created a column to show me my estimated gross profit so I know which items has more profit to focus on them)
4) as I created each folder I went through the product page on my dashboard and I open the supplier page from there and then I save them as my wish list on aliexpress..
5) I have save all the information that i put on my site as word file so in future i just copy and paste.
6) I also study different themes and option that I have and can make better impression and lead to conversion.

these are some of the most important steps that I already take.
honestly it is a headache process, but think of it overall, I believe it will worth it as original version is too limited in therms of cool themes unlike Woo Version and people like me(who don't know coding and those stuff) will suffering a bit at beginning.
I also try to change my concept of my shop. Hopefully once I have a success on my shop will popped a thread in Dropship journey to give some free experience to people.

Overall, as our senior mate says:

end of the day people are either WINNER or LOSER , it takes time but it won't be in the middle :) personally I chose to not give up even tho is freaking hard, specially with these ads stuff which i am suck at it. but I believe there are great numbers behind the door that need to find a key to unlock it.

wish you best of the luck :)

BlakeBlakeBlake

Hey guys. I checked my products list and it is 134 products I published. Here is what I'm doing. I can see that the products I previously imported are no longer linked with AliExpress, meaning I can search AliExpress to find that exact same product from the same supplier, and re-import that product. Then I have 2 product pages exactly the same, all I have to do is edit the attributes and remove the model number, sku (this allows shoppers to search on Google and find your supplier), change the brand name (to my brand name), re-import reviews, re-edit the images, copy and paste my text and size chart. I do not copy paste images as the formatting does not transfer and images will show up stretched on mobile (or at least it did with my last setup alids and michaelangelo [ I may try copy pasting everything including images with my new setup and test it on mobile to see if it works now, but I can't at the moment because my site is in "under construction" mode, and I don't know how to whitelist my phone. ] ). So then I have 2 products, except the 1 from before I switch to alidswoo is in a blog post format with no price or buy option, and the new one has a price and buy option. Then I change the url of the old one (i just add -blog to the end) and publish, and put the good url on the new one and publish. So then once everything is to my liking and I am satisfied the new one is as good or better than the old one, I can just delete the old one! :D Problem solved! I'm sure there will be some new problems. Problems are opportunities. More problems more money. People who avoid problems can't solve problems. Problems are like a mote around your business. If it were easy everyone would be doing it!

It's like Bobby Mcfarrin said,
"In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now."

Last edited:

BlakeBlakeBlake

@BlakeBlakeBlake

2 Categories of people: the ones that never give up and those who give up everytime such things happen.

Every day I want to give up, but every day I do something toward a clear goal.

I am kinda accustomed to these bad events on a regular basis.

So I let you cope with it because it's hard enough like that ;-)

Sometimes I am both. I give up for hours, days, or even weeks. I put it off. I can't take the pain at first. I find something to distract me, a woman, a book, a movie, a tv show, or a video game. Then I realize that ok if I quit I have nothing, even if all I've done is for nothing and I have to redo everything from scratch (which I've already done 2 or 3 times before with different websites) it's better to do that than nothing and have nothing. But it's never for nothing, experience is a thing of supreme value. Along the way you're also building knowledge. Most things are easier the second, third, fourth time, and it gets easier each time you do it. You also gain in confidence. Plus if you can drive on, it makes you stronger and tougher. That's why they call someone a veteran. In terms of someone who's been doing something for a long time. They are seasoned and they have seen everything. They are valuable for people who need guidance and leadership. I'm amazed by the selfless veterans on forum.alidropship.com who continue to share their experience, strength, and hope with all of us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Respect.

Arnaldo

Keep up, it took me 1 year to grab what was before a completely new topic. And I'm far from being where I want to be, so many things to fix, set up, learn and apply.

But I see the tunnel, I make assignments, take notes, work on my bad-tempered mood and learn to be patient.

Yes, it is very very painful.

How much do you want to change your life?

It's hard for a reason.

And if everything fails in the end, at least you gave the best, no matter how less time you had to do it. No regrets.

Take a pause then blast off this new site ;-)

Note: Don't get too distracted by movies and games or social media (my problem) except for niche inspiration. Finish what you had to do then you'll enjoy games more ;-)
I miss my guitar and doing music. This last year, I hardly did anything in this field. That's one of my "why?" question I want to address by being independent. Sacrifice is the word ;-)

BaldwinJackson

I would recommend you to clone the website or creating WordPress staging for your website which allow you to create copy of your existing website and change the plugin. You can also import the products and setting from WordPress to your new version and see if works or not. Cheers.