Breaking records

pearstar

I am using woo and I just do advertising and email marketing. At the moment my average email open rate is above 70%.
Where did you read about paypal limitations regarding adult toys?

aminech

I am using woo and I just do advertising and email marketing. At the moment my average email open rate is above 70%.
Where did you read about paypal limitations regarding adult toys?

I tried to sell sex toys on eBay months ago but had problem with payments, they said PayPal doesn't accept transaction for such goods,
I've looked up now this is what I found
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp...e-sexually-oriented-goods-and-services-faq569

"We permit U.S.-only transactions for certain sexually oriented physical goods that are physically delivered to the customer. Videos, DVDs, and magazines are examples of physical goods. (We don’t allow transactions for such goods outside the U.S.)"

I guess "physical" sex toys are allowed then lol

pearstar

New record. a single order less than 10 dollars short from 1000$. That's definitely difficult to break.
I hope this motivates you not to give up.

Before filling this order I send a request for a photo proof of credit card

EDIT: All ok :)

Last edited:

aminech

New record. a single order less than 10 dollars short from 1000$. That's definitely difficult to break.
I hope this motivates you not to give up.

Before filling this order I send a request for a photo proof of credit card
I saw many other adult toys dropshippers struggling with sales and promoting their stores, do you have any tips ?

pearstar

I saw many other adult toys dropshippers struggling with sales and promoting their stores, do you have any tips ?
I think the most important thing is to build trust. First of all, I've been doing it for a year and a lot are repeating users coming back to either visit again or buy. So when I update my store every week, even if I'm just adding a product, then they can see the store is working. Also I try to be as transparent as possible. So when Im on holiday for a week I write it on store front, that shipments are delayed because staff is away etc. Try to build trust.

Mika

Pearstar, thank you for sharing inspiring drop ship journey and this thread. Very motivating.
I'm opening adult niche store tomorrow. Not expecting instant success, but long term work, which hopefully turns into growing revenue.
Thank you once again for motivating posts & tips etc.
Btw. what is your average order value?

pearstar

Pearstar, thank you for sharing inspiring drop ship journey and this thread. Very motivating.
I'm opening adult niche store tomorrow. Not expecting instant success, but long term work, which hopefully turns into growing revenue.
Thank you once again for motivating posts & tips etc.
Btw. what is your average order value?
Glad it has motivated you enough to take the first step. I think its something like 50$

Direct Webstore

How do you handle the returns

I don't know if you are addressing that question to any particular person ... but anyway ...

There are rarely any "returns". Actually, I've NEVER had one. Just refund them and they keep the product ... then contact the Aliexpress seller to refund you.

On cheap Chinese stuff? Forget it. Maybe some of the very expensive items will have manufacturer's warranties. In that case, they contact the manufacturer.

Deus

I don't know if you are addressing that question to any particular person ... but anyway ...

There are rarely any "returns". Actually, I've NEVER had one. Just refund them and they keep the product ... then contact the Aliexpress seller to refund you.

On cheap Chinese stuff? Forget it. Maybe some of the very expensive items will have manufacturer's warranties. In that case, they contact the manufacturer.
Thanks for the reply !

I asked about the warranty because I see many stores addressing this and it seems to be a complicated process with the RMA etc...
And for example in Europe, they have 2years warranty.
I never started a store with this type of products because I was thinking in this part of the warranty and returns.

Last edited:

Item Zone

New record. 700$ single purchase (this customer has made few orders in the past as well). Still, I wait out before I process this order.
You'd think they might be worn out by now? lol
Or perhaps they wore the toys out? :D

Interesting niche. Definitely one of those things where more people probably buy online than in the real world I think.

Item Zone

On the issue of returns and refunds etc.
I am reminded of an old story where a bunch or rich people were sold something. I can't remember what the actual thing was -but they thought they were getting a super cheap price and were stiffing the seller.
Anyway - it turned out the thing being sold wasn't what they thought it would be and most demanded a refund.

The seller issued refunds in the form of mailing everyone a cheque for the full cash value.......

The cheque had a really inappropriate logo and had printed on it that it was from some made up company with a name such as "sex slaves incorporated" or something like that.

No one cashed their cheque.

(PS - yes I do realise I am rubbish at telling the story :p - lol - but hopefully you get the idea)