Bing Ads

streetdfx

Does anyone use a Bing Ads for promoting their dropship store? Mostly I see FB + instagram ads, sometimes Google Adwords. But Bing should be cheaper than Google Ads. The main question how does it convert?

streetdfx

It doesn't matter. The ads will be shown on Bing. Actually, I have accounts in both systems, but our product is software. Prices per click are lower at Bing, but traffic is much lower too. Don't know about conversion though, sales can't be tracked due features of the payment process.

Direct Webstore

The ads will be shown on Bing.
It's possible that people who use the stock Edge browser and use Bing may be pretty unimaginative and/or not net-savvy or experienced and therefore easily manipulated by advertising and consequently would buy heaps of stuff from your store.

These Edge browser/Bing drones may be a huge untapped customer base! Just joking, but who knows? It may be true. lol

but our product is software.
So you don't dropship from Aliexpress then. You should join Black Hat Forum (or any other e-marketing forum) and ask about this over there as well.

An what kind of software and who uses it would make a difference as to which would be better, Adwords or Microsoft Advertising. Serious/business type maybe Bing is OK. Fun, Game stuff ... maybe Adwords is better.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Edge browser
I can't make fun of the Edge Browser anymore as Microsoft finally gave up trying to make a decent browser and copied Chrome. :) It's based on Chromium now.

(You can use the Alidropship Chrome extension with it too, actually any Chrome extensions)

edge.jpg

The best thing Microsoft has done since it got rid of the Windows phone ... lol

Last edited:

erhiem

why do you have such a condescending attitude for a simple query like this.
i have spent a lot of money on google ads with no results even when i hired expert to set up my campaign.
google fb bring traffic but never any sale for my site.
all the sale i ever got was from pinterest and organic traffic.

i have spent a lot of money on google ads with no results even when i hired expert to set up my campaign.

Hi, Just ignore him/her. Uneducated and stupid peoples behave like him/her. In every matter he/she interfere but i always ignore his/her stupid explanation.........:) Now that stupid person will reply here multiple time for prove he is not stupid...............:p

Anyways you can use many platform for ads and keep continue which is giving you the result.

FWIW, I formally started advertising my store last week on Google Ads and, despite pausing/cancelling several campaigns, I've gotten 3 sales already.

It's possible that you weren't optimizing the Google Ads effectively. If you don't spend enough, or if you choose the wrong type of campaign, you won't get any visibility. Unfortunately, when you're competing with established retailers (including big ones like Walmart and Amazon) that have a much larger ad budget, you can't expect to get much results only spending $10/day and bidding $0.25 for impressions. Just as well, if you're not telling Google to block certain keywords from triggering your ads, you willl get a bunch of tire kickers who just want to be nosy. and waste your time/money.

Since you say your site got sales via. organic trafic and pinterest, I'm guessing your site doesn't look too bad. But even then, there could be room for improvement.

I will say that anecdotally, although Alidropship claims you can purchase a turn key custom store and start making money immediately in their marketing, when I got my store I still had to spend 2-3 weeks merticulously going through every single page and cleaning up every nook & cranny because I was given a very basic-looking store that was hastily thrown together with pretty poor communication from my Project Manager. The site looks much more professional and personalized now with strong branding, which are absolutely critical if you want customers who trust you enough to purchase an item. I also had my own logo made by someone on Fiverr instead of using the generic logo Alidropship would have created. And then there's pricing / shipping. Depending on what package you purchased, Alidropship will tend to import Aliexpress products into your store at ridiculous markups and with long shipping lead times. If you don't comb through every single item and adjust the pricing so that it's competitive (or ensure the shipping is fast enough), customers will simply see the item in your store and then find it some place cheaper / faster.

Last edited:
As far as Bing Ads (now Microsoft Advertising), it has its pros and cons.

Obviously, the main con is that the audience isn't nearly as big as Google's.

That said, one pro is that you're going to be dealing with far less competition, which will increase your visibility to the audience Bing does have (which, mind you, is nothing to squeeze at with 1 Billion search users). This will also mean that you pay less for the ads they show.

Another pro is that Bing Ads has remarkably better customer service. I had a representative literally cold call me to resolve an issue over the phone on the spot (Google would never!). Plus, the support team is easily accessible 24/7 via their live chat or their telephone hotline. Its not like Google where you can only contact them by submitting a cold and impersonal appeal form then wait days for a scripted reply.