B4A

zefron

Is this your very first dropshipping store? I am planning to integrate Paypal business account but I do not have a GST number and not sure if I need it before I hit a certain annual turnover. Some site say get a GST if you are averaging between 1lakh to 5lakhs. I am just starting so not sure where do I fit in all this. Second, I was not aware that Paypal transfer the funds after a week i.e. T+7. Where did you get this info from?

1. YOU DONT NEED GST (A lot of Indian Drop-shippers have this question) to get started, register a Paypal merchant account and only then you can integrate paypal into your store. (GST is optional) You need to apply for GST only if you register you business in India e.g. partnership firm, Sole proprietorship, Pvt ltd, etc.

2. Paypal will hold your funds for one week or more that's how they work, How do i know? I realized this when i got my first order!! That is how paypal works, so i advice is try to find an alternative to paypal ASAP, that what i am doing too.

finderskeepers

1. YOU DONT NEED GST (A lot of Indian Drop-shippers have this question) to get started, register a Paypal merchant account and only then you can integrate paypal into your store. (GST is optional) You need to apply for GST only if you register you business in India e.g. partnership firm, Sole proprietorship, Pvt ltd, etc.

2. Paypal will hold your funds for one week or more that's how they work, How do i know? I realized this when i got my first order!! That is how paypal works, so i advice is try to find an alternative to paypal ASAP, that what i am doing too.

Thanks on the Paypal update. As a freelancer I used to get paid immediately which usually transferred within 24-48 hours. In case of e-commerce, maybe they have few things in place which is why there is T+7 delay. I have a business account with Paypal which I upgraded from personal account. Was in the process to register a sole proprietorship so will have GST thingy sorted.

Alternative payment gateway like Instamojo does provide or approve international credit cards on their payment gateway on a case to case basis. I have used Paypal for international transactions post 2013 so do have all the activity reports till now and it might be useful to get international transactions approved.

1TMZ

So,

After a long battle I have finally started my store and setup my payment gateway. Mine is a general Fashion store. All comments, rude remarks and constructive criticism is accepted. Let me know how i can improve my store.

welcome to beautyforashes18.com

I will be starting advertisement on FB (carousel ads) Google Ad sence & Google Shopping.

The Journey has begun!
================
It looks good. A couple of things. Your category SEO are all the same with the site's SEO - same title, same description, no keywords. Look those up as the crawlers will read it. Also product imagery. Some customers will note the Supplier's names on the products and they will search for them and guess what comes up - Aliexpress. So keep an eye on that one. Overall it's a lighter, linear site so it should load fast. I like customised coding but your one is nice.. Good work. Good luck to you.

finderskeepers

================
It looks good. A couple of things. Your category SEO are all the same with the site's SEO - same title, same description, no keywords. Look those up as the crawlers will read it. Also product imagery. Some customers will note the Supplier's names on the products and they will search for them and guess what comes up - Aliexpress. So keep an eye on that one. Overall it's a lighter, linear site so it should load fast. I like customised coding but your one is nice.. Good work. Good luck to you.

One more question. What is the banner size you are using on your store. The size 1920x420 does not display my banners properly. Is this minimum size or there is a possibility of me using a bigger banner size.

finderskeepers

I am done with designing aspect, price markup as well as changes to shipping, refunds as well as terms of service. Not selling the goods in 8 countries including India (primarily because free shipping takes time to deliver and we Indians lack patience). Have tried to ensure all instance of disputes and chargebacks but you never know. Waiting for sole proprietor business license as well as current account. My store will go live by June 1st most likely.

zefron

I am done with designing aspect, price markup as well as changes to shipping, refunds as well as terms of service. Not selling the goods in 8 countries including India (primarily because free shipping takes time to deliver and we Indians lack patience). Have tried to ensure all instance of disputes and chargebacks but you never know. Waiting for sole proprietor business license as well as current account. My store will go live by June 1st most likely.
FYI: In India, you don't actually need the business bank account for Dropshipping, You can just start a new Paypal merchant account with a registered business, I am doing the same, be careful of registering a business without the cash flow because then you will have to apply for GST and monthly you have to file the taxes, which is a head ache... If i were you i would register the business only after 6 or 8 months after the store has picked up with consistent cash flow.

zefron

hey Boyo.... You need to read up man before starting any business....!! I just filed GST for my firm, and had to pay a small fine for late tax filing.... GST is not yearly, it's monthly, just google it or ask your Auditor.

Having said that it depends on the nature of the business aswell, but usually you have to file 20th of every month, you might wanna talk to your auditor.

finderskeepers

Do you recommend I register my business now and then file for GST after 6 to 8 months. Because as of now, I have upgraded my personal account to business and it keeps popping for GST which is why I thought I should get a GST. The only difference I see in a paypal business account is that my payments are transferring after T+3 days i.e. 3 days from transaction date, payment gets automatically transferred to my bank account.

zefron

Do you recommend I register my business now and then file for GST after 6 to 8 months. Because as of now, I have upgraded my personal account to business and it keeps popping for GST which is why I thought I should get a GST. The only difference I see in a paypal business account is that my payments are transferring after T+3 days i.e. 3 days from transaction date, payment gets automatically transferred to my bank accout

Like i said earlier, In Paypal, FB ads & Google Ads GST is only OPTIONAL!!! So, yes they try to always notify you since yours is a business, So, my recommendation is don't register now, let the money start roling in and give it atleast 6 months, because most of the dropshippers close shop within 6 months, and if you register GST now and later on you want to close shop then it's a big hassel of paper work. so, just take your hands off any kind of government registeration for now and focus on the store when you are steady and after a few months when the cash starts rolling in then you can register .

finderskeepers

I plan to register business under graphic and web design and not specifically e-commerce as I also design site for clients. E-commerce will only add as an additional source to income. Under what business have you registered yours if you don't mind sharing? Thanks for all the useful advice.

zefron

I plan to register business under graphic and web design and not specifically e-commerce as I also design site for clients. E-commerce will only add as an additional source to income. Under what business have you registered yours if you don't mind sharing? Thanks for all the useful advice.

I have a separate partnership firm, and my Dropshipping is separate, so for my partnership firm i am registered as selling and manufacturing Garments. If you register as a partnership firm you can do any number of business from meat to hydroplane manufacturing, you need to mention all your business activities on your partnership deed.