Automatically update the comment date.

jojo

Hi.

I have a lot of comments below the products.
The problem is that the date they were added are very old.
Editing the date the comment was written is a never-ending story.
Is there any way for the comment date to update itself to a more current date?

Thanks.

Direct Webstore

Product page- > go to review area ->Edit review -> in the right place of your screen you can change the day.
According to the above quote, he already knows how to edit the date to a more current one. And it's a "never-ending story", meaning he's already done it lots of times.

And according to the second quote, his actual problem is to find a way for them to be updated to the current date automatically rather than editing/updating them all one by one manually.

EDIT: Cancel my last comment. Just saw Yaros's comment below. If it automatically changed the date to the date you import the review, that would be great. I was thinking the OP wanted all the reviews with the same current date. Misunderstood.

But while waiting for the new feature, you could still temporarily hide them with CSS.

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
Hi.

I have a lot of comments below the products.
The problem is that the date they were added are very old.

Thanks.
We are working on this feature now. The option will allow changing published dates to the more recent ones automatically.

Yaros

Staff member
Will they be random recent dates or the date that you downloaded the review?
Deciding now, I think we can update reviews with one month shift. Let's say we published two reviews (one yesterday June 14 and one today June 15). After one month the dates will be changed to July 14 and July 15 respectively.

Direct Webstore

Deciding now, I think we can update reviews with one month shift. Let's say we published two reviews (one yesterday June 14 and one today June 15). After one month the dates will be changed to July 14 and July 15 respectively.
Could you include an option to choose the date shift time amount, rather than having it permanently set at one month? Like, to be able to change it to 2 months, 3 months etc?

Last edited:

Yaros

Staff member
Could you include an option to choose the date shit time amount, rather than having it permanently set at one month? Like, to be able to change it to 2 months, 3 months etc?
Actually I did not want to overload the plugin with additional options for this feature, but if you have already asked about it, I guess we will get such a request many times in future, so I think yes, we will have to offer these options.