ATTENTION! AliDropship WOO ver. 1.1.0 - UPDATE

Direct Webstore

This is not what i am asking check comment....:)
That reply was not to you ... it was a joke to @MSdev

This was my reply to you..
Your problem and screenshot are meaningless. Sorry, but I don't understand what your problem is either.

How about writing it in your own language ... then we can use Google Translate and maybe get an idea of the problem. Seriously.

Last edited:

Baba Tekwani

That reply was not to you ... it was a joke to @MSdev

This was my reply to you..

How about writing it in your own language ... then we can use Google Translate and maybe get an idea of the problem. Seriously.

Please Check Screen shot are you Seriously annoying the things,

Screenshot represent the 2 popup open at the same time when we click on Add Cart button

Direct Webstore

Please Check Screen shot are you Seriously annoying the things

There is nothing in the screen shot that suggests any problem. It looks normal to me. If you don't like the extra info popup, change themes. It's a theme design. Apart from that, both Mar and myself do not see or understand what your problem is. And seeing as no one else has replied , no one else sees or understands what your problem is.

annoying the things
Take a chill pill. As far as I can see you don't have a problem ... just change themes if you don't like the way your current one does things. Experiment a little.

:)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

If i didn't do the migration, do i still need to add this to the robots.txt
You only need to do this if you host product images on Aliexpress, rather than on your own host/server. It only stops search engine bots indexing those images. It's not really necessary. I just do it because I want everything "perfect". :)

betterend

Hi,

Please i have a question if don't want to do the migration I noticed i can import all images to my server https://cl.ly/803b80

if i do so will i loose all the changes made on the images like remove supplier name, image cleaning.....

And will it re-import all images that are already there, or it will be for the new product import onward?

Direct Webstore

Please i have a question if don't want to do the migration I noticed i can import all images to my server

That has no effect on current products and their images already imported. It is only for future imported products and their images.

if i do so will i loose all the changes made on the images like remove supplier name, image cleaning.....
No

And will it re-import all images that are already there, or it will be for the new product import onward?
No

betterend

That has no effect on current products and their images already imported. It is only for future imported products and their images.

No

No

Thank you for the clarification.

I just noticed that all images https://cl.ly/64bc94 have this icon that's mean all images are hosted on Alidropship https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1H0cihyAnB......... is this because i didn't check initially this option https://cl.ly/803b80

Will the image links https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1H0..... affect my website to appear as a dropshipping website?

Direct Webstore

is this because i didn't check initially this option
Yes
Will the image links https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1H0..... affect my website to appear as a dropshipping website?
Not really. Only if customers looked for the link and understood what it was. Pretty unlikely.

But it's not that great for SEO purposes. That's why I came up with those robot.txt rules. Only images hosted on my site will be in search results.
This will also stop nosey customers seeing those Aliexpress images connected to my site in the search results, because they won't be there. :)

I just host the featured image on my site, the rest stay on Aliexpress. So because of the robots.txt file, only the featured image is indexed by search bots. Not the ones on Aliexpress's servers.

But back on your site ... customers can still right click on images and click "open in a new tab" and see the alicdn.com link, but ...

1. I doubt they would have the knowledge to do that.
2. I doubt they would even have the idea to do it
3. Even if they did do it ... the URL alicdn.com would be meaningless to them.

Even if there was a rare customer who wanted to see where the image is hosted for some strange reason, they would likely click on the main featured image, which would be hosted on my site. So no problem. As for doing that on the other images ... check points 1, 2 and 3 above.

But overall ... it's not really something to lose sleep over.

Last edited:

betterend

Yes

Not really. Only if customers looked for the link and understood what it was. Pretty unlikely.

But it's not that great for SEO purposes. That's why I came up with those robot.txt rules. Only images hosted on my site will be in search results.
This will also stop nosey customers seeing those Aliexpress images connected to my site in the search results, because they won't be there. :)

I just host the featured image on my site, the rest stay on Aliexpress. So because of the robots.txt file, only the featured image is indexed by search bots. Not the ones on Aliexpress's servers.

But back on your site ... customers can still right click on images and click "open in a new tab" and see the alicdn.com link, but ...

1. I doubt they would have the knowledge to do that.
2. I doubt they would even have the idea to do it
3. Even if they did do it ... the URL alicdn.com would be meaningless to them.

Even if there was a rare customer who wanted to see where the image is hosted for some strange reason, they would likely click on the main featured image, which would be hosted on my site. So no problem. As for doing that on the other images ... check points 1, 2 and 3 above.

But overall ... it's not really something to lose sleep over.

Thank you again for all the details and advise you are sharing. In my case, if I added the snippet code to robots.txt knowing all my images have the URL alicdn.com this means all my images won't appear in the search and lose traffic. Am I right?

Sorry for all the question, i still a newbie :)

Direct Webstore

if I added the snippet code to robots.txt knowing all my images have the URL alicdn.com this means all my images won't appear in the search and lose traffic. Am I right?

You won't lose any traffic to your site. Only images hosted on Aliexpress will not turn up in "Image" searches. If you host the featured image on your site, that one will show up in image searches. But who does image searches for products? Most people just do a normal "All" search for things. All your text, product descriptions, blogs and other SEO stuff will be indexed by the search bots and be displayed in search results.

Don't worry about a few Aliexpress images not being indexed. It really makes hardly any difference at all. It's all the other content mentioned above that's more important.

If you have HEAPS of storage space in your hosting plan ... just store ALL images there if it makes you feel better. BUT storing ALL your images with Alidropship Woo, bogs down the database, apparently. (According to Igor ). Not too sure about it, but I will take his word for it. He's one of the Alidropship developers.

So my setup ...

1 .Host the featured image on my site.
2. Leave the others on Aliexpress
3. Block the Aliexpress pics to the search index bots with the robots.txt file.

Simple.

Mar

Even if you store all images in the server if you get rid of unused images, it would reduce the Disk Space usage significantly. After many tries with different plugins, I finally succeeded in this task. You can't believe I have more than 49, 946 unused images in Uploads folder just occupying space for nothing. These were images when Ali woo plugin default was to save all images to the server. When you edit an image, the edited and the unedited version will remain in the folder. When contents of your site is uploaded with FTP method images are in the Uploads folder but not in the Admin Media folder. This happen when your site is transferred to another hosting service. The new hosting service always use FTP. My unused images grow in time. I used to have more than 52% of the allowed disk space usage, when the unused images were removed, it is less than 26%, meaning more than half was unused images.

Image Cleanup.png

ShopOnline

Even if you store all images in the server if you get rid of unused images, it would reduce the Disk Space usage significantly. After many tries with different plugins, I finally succeeded in this task. You can't believe I have more than 49, 946 unused images in Uploads folder just occupying space for nothing. These were images when Ali woo plugin default was to save all images to the server. When you edit an image, the edited and the unedited version will remain in the folder. When contents of your site is uploaded with FTP method images are in the Uploads folder but not in the Admin Media folder. This happen when your site is transferred to another hosting service. The new hosting service always use FTP. My unused images grow in time. I used to have more than 52% of the allowed disk space usage, when the unused images were removed, it is less than 26%, meaning more than half was unused images.

View attachment 6766
Hi, is there a way in Alidropship Woo version to not to save images to server by default. I remember when I was using Alidropship basic version in that the images were not getting stored however in woo its getting saved by default.

ShopOnline

WP-Admin>Alidropship>Aliexpress>Settings
How can I miss that setting :( I was just looking at the main setting option. Working on my website right now and then realized there is another option. Was about to delete my comment here, but you allready have replied. Thank you.

ShopOnline

Yeah. They should have all the Settings in one settings area ... not two.
Ok. So I updated to php 7.2. I have not checked any type of product images to be uploaded to my server. But I saw by default it uploads all photo to my server. Looks like a defect. This is happening after I got the new Flatsome theme and started using Alidropship Woo version. :confused: