Any Affiliate/Membership plugin compatible with Alidropship?

Shop121

I would like to start an affiliate program for my site. Are there any plugins that are compatible with Alidropship plugin?

Kind regards

Direct Webstore

From...
1688.com
to
Aliexpress seller
to
Dropshipper
to
Affiliate

That's too many middle men in my opinion ... lol

You guys are way too greedy.

Fair enough it's ...

Manufacturer, Original Seller or Developer
to
Affiliate.

Which is the honest and normal scenario.

Good luck ... you'll need it.

:)

ayesha90

From...
1688.com
to
Aliexpress seller
to
Dropshipper
to
Affiliate

That's too many middle men in my opinion ... lol

You guys are way too greedy.

Fair enough it's ...

Manufacturer, Original Seller or Developer
to
Affiliate.

Which is the honest and normal scenario.

Good luck ... you'll need it.

How is offering commissions to our customers for marketing our store, greedy? All smart business owners do this form of marketing.

Direct Webstore

You want more sales by having to pay commissions. To cover the cost of that you need to increase the price of products that have already been increased by two previous middle men. In the end, the final customer suffers from a higher price tag. Because of greed. Great for short time quick cash but in the end ... fewer customers. I plan to keep my stores going for many, many years by keeping the prices as low as possible. I can only do that by keeping all the profit margin to myself. This has been very successful for me as a dropshipping eBay seller for years. There are many other eBay dropshippers and they don't use affiliates either. It's just not really viable.

Sometime in the future I may abandon dropshipping and import products in bulk directly from Alibaba, 1688.com (via an agent) or manufacturers and do my own shipping ... then I may consider using affiliates ... but not at the moment with Aliexpress and other middlemen in the equation.

All smart business owners do this form of marketing.
All? Lets say some businesses use affiliates ... as in my second example above with the original manufacturers and sellers. Not the first example that you want to implement with the multiple middlemen involved. Comparing bottom of the barrel dropshippers with high end retailers who import in bulk and do their own shipping is laughable. And dropshipping IS the bottom of the barrel in the retail business world. And I'm being honest and realistic as a dropshipper myself in saying that. :)

Dropshippers using affiliates is just a bit tacky, immoral and unrealistic in my book. Like I said above ... it's fine for people at the top of the pyramid (original sellers, manufacturers etc) ... but dropshippers halfway down the pyramid? No thanks.

Another big factor is that many of the stores I've seen here on this forum and elsewhere simply aren't worth the time of an affiliate. Bottom line ... many of them are boring crappy sites selling clothing, shoes, cheap electronics and phone cases etc that can be bought easily at the local department store. They have almost no customisation, they are not unique, they look dreary and boring, they have no articles or blogs, no videos, no extra content at all. If I was an affiliate I wouldn't waste my time trying to promote cheap, boring dropshipped products from China that are being sold on a crappy boring site. I'd spend my time and energy on quality stuff from original manufacturers for high commissions. The whole idea of dropshippers (the lowest of the low in the retail world) using affiliates is ... in the long run, just not viable. Anyone considering it is, in my book, a bit of a dreamer.

But if I was you, I'd at least get your store up and running, established, looking good and well designed, having unique and interesting products and lots of extra content etc before you start thinking about using affiliates. It's sort of like putting the cart before the horse. Greed makes people impatient I guess.

In 15 years of being in e-commerce I've seen this sort of unrealistic over eagerness result in sites (a few eBay stores too) crashing and burning after a few months or a year or two.

But good luck ... this is just my personal opinion ... follow your own plan.

Last edited:

ayesha90

Direct Webstore, your response above is based on far too many assumptions. You've generalized all dropshippers under one stereotype: a person with no morals, and a very bad aesthetic sense.

The irony is, you're a dropshipper yourself. So basically you've wasted lots of time writing a post about your own poor self image.

Here's some useful content for others who might be interested
https://www.oberlo.com/blog/how-i-built-a-dropshipping-store-that-made-6667-in-under-8-weeks

Direct Webstore

What you're saying basically implies the whole dropshipping model is immoral.
I did not say that at all. I basically said that getting poor affiliates to waste their time promoting cheap dropshipped products from China from boring crappy sites is immoral. Dropshipping in itself is fine.

Plus your response above is based on too many assumptions.

You're exactly right on that point. I have no idea if your site is...

1 ... established, wonderful and unique with interesting unique products and interesting content ...

2 ... or if it's a run of the mill general store, boring fashion, shoes, gadgets or phone cases setup that are run by every man and his dog these days.

If your store is like the first description ... fair enough.
If it's like the second ... forget it.

The irony is, you're a dropshipper yourself. So basically you've wasted lots of time writing a post about your own poor self image.

You seem to have poor comprehension. I did not say "dropshippers" are the lowest of the low". I said "dropshipping" is. I'm being honest. I don't use rose coloured glasses. I'm not a dreamer. Even though dropshipping IS the lowest of the low ... it still works. It makes me money and has done for quite a few years. You can delude yourself and put your dropshipping business up there with the heavy weights in the retail world if you wish to ... but I prefer to face reality. And I'm quite comfortable with that reality. Just like a taxi driver who is comfortable with his business but doesn't compare it to a major transportation and shipping company.

Basically , I stopped being a dreamer long ago and faced reality instead.

But anyway ... go ahead and try to get affiliates to promote your site ... and keep them promoting it. Unless it is an exceptional site ... you may find that difficult. If it IS a fantastic unique site ... you may be lucky!

I'd rather spend my energy on creating original content, articles, videos for Youtube, sourcing unique products and creating engaging promotions rather than chasing down affiliates who are happy to promote cheap stuff from China for a few cents.

I'm betting this guy did a lot of product research, customer demographic research and their likes and dislikes and did not sell boring phones cases, shoes and fashion. :)

Good luck.

Last edited:

ayesha90

I have to admit, your posts are usually very insightful. So even though you put things bluntly at times, such as your initial response to this post, I would still like to thank you for all the knowledge you share.

Ryan

I would like to start an affiliate program for my site. Are there any plugins that are compatible with Alidropship plugin?

Anyway, the guy asked about plugin or program that's compatible with the Alidropship plugin. I wasted a lot of time searching one, tried to implement codes myself but as I am not a programmer I had no luck. So what I know there is no plugin or program that supports Alidropship.