Allen's Journey

Hi, All Guru's
I am new in this Alidropship plugin and setup my site few weeks back but too busy after that and did not really have time to plan on the marketing part.

I hope that all Guru's can give some advice and guidance on the following question i have.

1. Normally how many % of markup that will markup to a products? as my markup is about few dollars and the max is 11 dollars for item more than 100 USD. but i see some people price is higher with the revenue. is there any standard guideline at lease?

2. is SSL important in this business? should i MUST have SSL to gain trust from the buyers?

i still have many question in fact but i cant think of any right now...

i am doing baby care products FYI

Please advise
Hope that i can learn more and more from all the guru's here. as i plan to start my FB marketing on 15th Dec
thanks

Eric S.

Welcome @Newbies Allen ! Here's a couple quick answers:

1. It really is up to you and your niche market and competition. See the guide (step 5) for an example markup strategy.
2. SSL is important if you are accepting credit card numbers directly with a payment gateway. Some just do PayPal only however, and then SSL is not as critical. Keep in mind Google often gives preference to https sites so it can help the longer term SEO efforts as well.

Keep us posted on your progress and wish you success!

thanks Eric for your reply. I didn't notice there is a guide in the site... will go through again
as for my website bebeparadise.com. anyhow can give some comment on what should i improve?

thanks

Last edited:

Eric S.

Looks like you're off to a good start. A few things notices after a quick look:
  1. Looks like you took the text from my home page. I don't mind, but please make it specific to your site. It still talks about notebooks!
  2. You will need to do similar text on your Category pages for SEO purposes.
  3. Some of your product descriptions contain disclaimer etc from the AliExpress website. Those don't always line up with what your site's shipping terms etc. By far, the most time I have had to spend is on editing product descriptions.
I'm a little concerned about your niche as it seems broad and highly competitive. But I'm no expert on niches so I could be wrong.

Thanks Eric for your superb comment.. I apologize that copy the description from your side as i still wondering how to do all this and i just wanna make it look good first. i will definitely change all the description which will be totally different from yours. apologize for that as i am still working out this.

and extremely appreciated your comment and this is what i need to check again.. will update on my journey again.

thanks

At last my site is fully ready... i had run a campaign in facebook yesterday for the 1st day..
Statistic
1. Reach 120
2. Link Click : 2
3. Conversion : 0

Don't Look good for the first day. and it don't seems like drawing any traffic at all.
Most of the add is sent to people that using phone such as android or iphone.

I wonder should i change the placement to only PCs? as personally i don't think people will do any conversion via phone.

Any comment?
thanks

kevgl

Is it better to choose those product with only english word? and ignore mandarin character?
I took a look on your shop and i like the niche you picked. Good luck!
I think it's better to go English but if you understand Mandarin, why not..

As for the campaigns, i think you have to look where you get the best out of a product. So don't expect too much so you won't get dissapointed.
I started my first instagram campaign yesterday (you can see stats here) but i didn't make sales but i got traffic, likes and comments so i am very happy with that.

Tip: on your shipping and delivery page you say your store operates in over 200 countries. On the homepage it says 185 countries. I'd change that if i were you.

Thank you for all your comment. Very much appreciated.

As for product with $0. This is a tripwire product where product cost $0 but need to pay for shipping only.

Free product pay shipping. Paid product free shipping. Do you feel is weird?

Thanks

This is marketing gimmick. Hope can get some attraction.
Any more Guru can share some experience? some how for the past 24 hrs on my facebook campaign. Don;t see alot of clicks to my site.
thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited:
After 3 days FB Campaign.
Reach : 400 reach
Link Clik : 5
Conversion : 0

I see some traffic drag into my website but not too much. Is it my niche problem or how? i dont know what happen. any one can provide some guidance?

Appreciated for your guidance.

Latest update
Finish My facebook Campaign.
Results
Reach :9198
Link click : 165

Any one can give some advise on my site? i am still wondering what happen? my luck is not that good? or?
scratching my head until now still do not know what happen.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 40

Glady

Latest update
Finish My facebook Campaign.
Results
Reach :9198
Link click : 165

Any one can give some advise on my site? i am still wondering what happen? my luck is not that good? or?
scratching my head until now still do not know what happen.

There's nothing wrong with your site or your niche. However, based from your FB campaign result, I can see the budget you put for the whole campaign was too small which is RM44.05 (Malaysian Ringgit if I'm not wrong). Try to invest a little bit more to reach more people for better conversion. Due to the fact that everyone is pushing to their budget limits, this means that people with higher budgets will reach more people and thus their ads will optimize the best.Also, as a result, they will be more likely to reach people who are prone to buy first. If someone thinking that dropshipping business needs zero/little budget, they were wrong as all serious business would push their budget to the max. Anyway, you can put small budget on AB testing first for some of your selected products to test which one will be use as your main bigger budget campaign. Good luck!

got it.. thanks for your advise. as i am new and still do not know what is the benchmark on this. therefore for the budget I put is for testing purpose.
thanks again. will try again

Poni

Hey Allen, what product were you promoting (or category)? And are you targeting Singapore? The price per click you getting seems fairly good, perhaps your targeting isn't set up right? And yes I agree with Glady, we got to spend a little more to draw any real conclusion.

Personally I would not do $0+shipping but I have seen some case studies that seem to suggest it does very well, if you are just beginning (like myself) I would suggest keeping it simple.

Also I do think your logo needs a bit of an upgrade and I would scrap the 70% part of your mailing list sign up, just keep the 10% part...

And I would suggest you add a CC option.

Good luck :)

May i know what is CC option Stands for?

In fact initially i was targeting Only US but the results is not that good. and i am not sure what happen. therefore i try target worldwide to see what happen. and the end results shows as above.

like i say, this round i am just testing around the features to see how this internet shop works. i think i get some ideas but not too much.. still figuring.....

therefore all gurus advise is very much appreciated.
thanks

Poni

CC=Credit Card

I would not target my store worldwide if the store language is english only. Also I think you should be adding a couple more currencies if you do, but I am not sure what's the best route as I am only guessing myself ;)...

Ash

Cc = credit card. I would suggest to use stripe.com but, it's not available For malaysian, try 2checkout.com (expensive rates) or request yaros to implement braintreepayment.com (cheaper rates).

Since your niche is baby clothing, try target married couple age 25 and above on your fb ads. Target people on this country us, canada, uk/europe that speak english.