Alishipping does not change default shipping method after updating product quantities

Rodmeister

Hi everybody,

Today I just noticed that whenever I add several units of a product to the cart page of my client's store, the default shipping method does not automatically change. AliExpress automatically changes your default shipping method depending on the quantity you choose of a product and I know that some products on AliExpress don't always change the default shipping method after adding more than 1 unit, sometimes it only happens after adding 3 or more units witihin AliExpress. However, I already tested adding 5, 10 & 20 units of several different products that I imported from AliExpress and the default shipping method never changed.

This behavior that I'm describing happens with absolutely all of the products that I've imported to my client's store. If a product has FREE shipping for only 1 unit and paid shipping for 2 or more units on AliExpress, my client's store does not switch the free shipping method to a default paid shipping method after adding more quantity. The order will simply highlight FREE shipping as the default method whether if it is just 1 unit or even 100 units of the same product.

Shouldn't the Alishipping add-on automatically switch the default shipping method to a paid one whenever more quantity of a product is added? Or is this something only happening to me perhaps?

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

Could you, please, provide a link to the product at your client's store and this same Product on AliExpress, so we can check the issue you describe?

Rodmeister

Hi Dimitriy,

Sure, no problem. Just be sure to choose Philippines as your default shipping destination of preference within AliExpress in order to see matching shipping methods and rates for these examples because the client's store is only targeting sales in the Philippines. Here are 3 product examples that I can share, but keep in mind the client's store products already have pricing formulas applied which will reflect slightly higher price values despite this does not affect us from noticing the problem:

Sample 1) In this first case scenario AliExpress offers FREE shipping to the Philippines for only 1 unit of the product. After adding 2 units or more, the default shipping method automatically changes to AliExpress Premium Shipping with a cost of PHP 828.82. However, on the client's store you will still see FREE shipping highlighted as the default method available to use even if more than 1 unit of the product has been added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/1-...thable-golf-gloves-men-color-black-brand-gog/

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32877323399.html

Sample 2) In this second case scenario AliExpress offers Cainiao Super Economy Global shipping with a cost of PHP 27.61 to the Philippines for only 1 unit of the product. After adding 3 units or more, the default shipping method automatically changes to DHL with a cost of PHP 1,906.63. However, on the client's store Cainiao Super Economy Global shipping remains as the default shipping method still available to use even when 3 or more units of the same product have been added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/20...y-girl-student-clock/?attribute_pa_color=blue

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000160560916.html

Sample 3) In this third case scenario AliExpress offers AliExpress Premium Shipping with a cost of PHP 1,063.28 to the Philippines for only 1 unit of the product. After adding 39 units or more of the same product, the default shipping method automatically changes to DHL with a cost of PHP 30,016.34. However, on the client's store you will still see AliExpress Premium Shipping highlighted as the default method available to use even if more than 39 units or more of the same product have been added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/0-...attribute_pa_size=l&attribute_pa_pieces=10pcs

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001154427013.html

Lastly, there is a 4th case scenario that is also related to this issue but presented with a slight variation of the problem. In this last example AliExpress offers FREE shipping via “Seller’s Shipping Method” as the default method whether if you add 1 unit or multiple units of the product. But, the AliExpress supplier also removes “AliExpress Premium Shipping” from the list of available shipping methods if you add 18 units or more of the same product and this does not happen with the product listed on the client’s store.

In other words, fort his last product, AliExpress only offers 2 shipping methods which are “FREE shipping via Seller’s Shipping Method” and “DHL” if you add 18 units or higher of this product while the client still shows “AliExpress Premium Shipping” as one of the listed shipping methods even when 18 or more units of the same product are added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/35...ack&attribute_pa_1ef722433d607dd9d2b8b7=china

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000394159276.html

This all seems like some sort of conditional logic flaw which fails to update the cart shipping methods based on quantity values but this is just a generalized conclusion of course. Anyway, I'll keep an eye for any updates from you if any. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

Thank you for this valuable feedback! I will transfer this information to our developer, so we can figure out any possible solution of this issue.

Mar

Another issue with the add-on, not exactly the same issue raised by the OP but still about the add-on. Despite the many updates of the Alishipping add-on, I keep on seeing issues like this. Below are two products in checkout page each with shipping cost but only one is added to the total shipping cost. Total shipping cost is supposed to be $40.53 but here, total is $34.39, the shipping cost of the first product only. If the customer proceed to pay, the shipping cost of the second product will not be included. The result is upon ordering in AliExpress, I will pay the shipping cost of the second product. This is a serious issue, this defeat the objective of the add-on. To the support staff, please resolve the issue, not asking admin access. I am sure it is not the site rather it is the add-on. As I mentioned earlier, asking admin access is a ploy to show that the problem is the site, not the add-on, it just don't work.

1601616393065.png

chris37

Hi Dimitriy,

Sure, no problem. Just be sure to choose Philippines as your default shipping destination of preference within AliExpress in order to see matching shipping methods and rates for these examples because the client's store is only targeting sales in the Philippines. Here are 3 product examples that I can share, but keep in mind the client's store products already have pricing formulas applied which will reflect slightly higher price values despite this does not affect us from noticing the problem:

Sample 1) In this first case scenario AliExpress offers FREE shipping to the Philippines for only 1 unit of the product. After adding 2 units or more, the default shipping method automatically changes to AliExpress Premium Shipping with a cost of PHP 828.82. However, on the client's store you will still see FREE shipping highlighted as the default method available to use even if more than 1 unit of the product has been added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/1-...thable-golf-gloves-men-color-black-brand-gog/

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32877323399.html

Sample 2) In this second case scenario AliExpress offers Cainiao Super Economy Global shipping with a cost of PHP 27.61 to the Philippines for only 1 unit of the product. After adding 3 units or more, the default shipping method automatically changes to DHL with a cost of PHP 1,906.63. However, on the client's store Cainiao Super Economy Global shipping remains as the default shipping method still available to use even when 3 or more units of the same product have been added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/20...y-girl-student-clock/?attribute_pa_color=blue

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000160560916.html

Sample 3) In this third case scenario AliExpress offers AliExpress Premium Shipping with a cost of PHP 1,063.28 to the Philippines for only 1 unit of the product. After adding 39 units or more of the same product, the default shipping method automatically changes to DHL with a cost of PHP 30,016.34. However, on the client's store you will still see AliExpress Premium Shipping highlighted as the default method available to use even if more than 39 units or more of the same product have been added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/0-...attribute_pa_size=l&attribute_pa_pieces=10pcs

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001154427013.html

Lastly, there is a 4th case scenario that is also related to this issue but presented with a slight variation of the problem. In this last example AliExpress offers FREE shipping via “Seller’s Shipping Method” as the default method whether if you add 1 unit or multiple units of the product. But, the AliExpress supplier also removes “AliExpress Premium Shipping” from the list of available shipping methods if you add 18 units or more of the same product and this does not happen with the product listed on the client’s store.

In other words, fort his last product, AliExpress only offers 2 shipping methods which are “FREE shipping via Seller’s Shipping Method” and “DHL” if you add 18 units or higher of this product while the client still shows “AliExpress Premium Shipping” as one of the listed shipping methods even when 18 or more units of the same product are added to the cart.

Client Product Link: https://shopmenextph.com/product/35...ack&attribute_pa_1ef722433d607dd9d2b8b7=china

AliExpress Product Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000394159276.html

This all seems like some sort of conditional logic flaw which fails to update the cart shipping methods based on quantity values but this is just a generalized conclusion of course. Anyway, I'll keep an eye for any updates from you if any. Thank you!

Nice webshop you created for your dad ;)
The website look realy nice ,elementor is huge help when you build a website. One suggestion only, your product titles they are not ok ,all of them they are very long and look ugly,they gonna look better if you shorten them.

Mar

One suggestion only, your product titles they are not ok ,all of them they are very long and look ugly,they gonna look better if you shorten them.
Yes, that is what I do, but it is not so easy. Editing products including titles is where the pain is. One of my sites used to have more than 2,000 products. With products in AliExpress fast disappearing and having no time to replace mainly because of this editing, the 2,000 products is a little more than 1,000 now. I spent so much time in editing. I edit images, crop, remove water marks etc. That is why I am so upset to see products in draft folder when actually they are available.

chris37

Editing products including titles is where the pain is.
Editing product is the most time consuming in our business,
This is the reason I was asking for real customer review in the selica section of this forum.
Until now nobody answer :)

Rodmeister

Nice webshop you created for your dad ;)
The website look realy nice ,elementor is huge help when you build a website. One suggestion only, your product titles they are not ok ,all of them they are very long and look ugly,they gonna look better if you shorten them.

What's up my Cypriot friend? Thanks for the feedback @chris37 :D As for the suggestion on the product titles, you are correct, I was formerly part of a performance marketing agency for 3 years roughly and they were very strict in terms of SEO optimization so I know that leaving those titles the way they are is skipping that best practice but my Dad gave the order to just import everything from AliExpress without modifying anything.

I did speak to him to explain how it would be ideal to re-write things ourselves but he also shared his own perspective on why he wanted things done that way and the main reason is because he currently has people working for him that are not 100% native English speakers such as myself. SEO assignments are best dealt by those with high reputable writing skills which is something I qualify for since I've done both company in-house and freelance content writing for little over 5 years. But, both my Dad and I know that it's not exactly productive to have me focused on that since there is so much more work to do which is why the only thing we gave importance on in terms of product import edits was removing certain info from the product descriptions revealing the identity of AliExpress and suppliers among other things. So, since the only real disadvantage of keeping product titles the same as the source is losing SEO rank strength, we are willing to skip that process. Google ads are not priority for us in terms of campaigns once the site goes officially live. Social media channels will be our aim on that regard which is why the product titles aren't too big of a deal.

On the other hand, the feedback that @Mar shared about titles is also very true. Focusing so much on that with products that disappear from the AliExpress platform so quickly is rather overwhelming when you have a lot of products and despite this store that I'm working on is not within the thousands range, it still would be time consuming. In the end, I think it's all subject to how you plan to market a product or service. Depending on your strategy, SEO may either be crucial or more of a secondary thing. However, your suggestion is most definitely the best practice without a doubt. :)

chris37

What's up my Cypriot friend?
I am fine rodmeister :) how are you too?

I also respect always father decision ;)

I know how time consuming is be to edit product title ,description and photo, Specialy if you have 1000 of products like mar have...
But you are right if you place Ads only on social media is just visiual limitations (the titles) nothing else :)

main reason is because he currently has people working for him that are not 100% native English speakers such as myself. SEO assignments are best dealt by those with high reputable writing skills which is something I qualify for since I've done both company in-house and freelance content writing for little over 5 years
I am not native English speaker my self , I am doing so many grammar and spelling mistakes then all of the members of this forum combine ;)
But I know the importance of good seo title and discreption , lucky me I have friend which can help me with this :)

Mar

Editing product is the most time consuming in our business,
This is the reason I was asking for real customer review in the selica section of this forum.
Until now nobody answer :)
I have a post in the beta testing of the program, you can see it. The main point is nothing can replace the human touch in editing product titles. Also, it cannot do anything in images. It is either you keep the images or remove. There is no way the program know if the image is a factory or staff of the sellers or if the image has watermarks, so it won't free you from editing. I have tested it in a number of products, it don't reduce a bit the time I spend on editing.

chris37

I have a post in the beta testing of the program, you can see it. The main point is nothing can replace the human touch in editing product titles. Also, it cannot do anything in images. It is either you keep the images or remove. There is no way the program know if the image is a factory or staff of the sellers or if the image has watermarks, so it won't free you from editing. I have tested it in a number of products, it don't reduce a bit the time I spend on editing.
So selica is useless? If is not reduse the time needing for I edit product is not reason for you ever considered to buy it!

Mar

So selica is useless? If is not reduse the time needing for I edit product is not reason for you ever considered to buy it!
If you have to edit product titles already edited by Sellica, if you have to edit images, remove water marks, remove images of factories and images of seller's staff, etc, etc. how could it reduce editing time? It is my assessment after my test. It is up to you if you want to try it/

Edwinnn37

I used to have this problem all the time too. It really annoyed me! You add items and the delivery method doesn't change, I honestly didn't know what to do. I love making orders. But with this problem it was very difficult. Quality is worse than standard AliExpress app. I expected quality like speedpak usps. I have often used them to order from eBay, and now I found out that they are working in collaboration with Connex Ltd to deliver goods from China. They also have an excellent tracking system. It's the best alternative for ordering goods from China.

Last edited:

wondercrew

Yeah, the only way to fix this problem is for developers. But the shipping price sometimes really annoys me. Some sellers set a very high shipping price and it is hard to track it all the time. I have observed that sometimes sellers from aliexpress change the price and I get losses because of that. But there are a lot of same goods from different sellers, so I can fastly change the dealer. I just use browser extension https://alitools.io/en to track the same goods for the best prices and from reliable sellers.

Last edited:
Try to consult Aliexpress's support office. They should help you. But honestly, I have never heard about this problem, however, it seems to be very annoying for you, so I hope you will be able to solve it. By the way, can I track the packages orderer from Aliexpress? I heard that https://www.sendungsverfolgungpost.de/de/ is offering these types of services. But I wonderer if their services cover packages from Aliexpress also. In case someone is willing to give me a hand, I will be grateful.

Last edited: