Alishipping add-on ver. 2.0

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
A new version of Alishipping add-on (ver. 2.0)

Please, read more about new version here - https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/3000670-alishipping

You can update your installed Add-on or download it here - https://alidropship.com/addons/alishipping/#show-updates

NOTE: please, authorize your website in API from one of your orders (like before order processing). Check here on how to authorize your website in API - Alidropship Woo, Alidropship

If you have feedback or problems with the new Alishipping add-on, please, feel free to leave a comment here!

ForumUser

When I updated my Alishipping add on, it stripped all of the AliShipping methods I already had on my existing products? Please bear in mind I had not authorised the API.

Also, I do not sell products in USD. Why is it necessary to set AliExpress to USD to use the AliShipping add on? This will cause problems with my prices when I update my products.

Last edited:

MaCaM2

When I updated my Alishipping add on, it stripped all of the AliShipping methods I already had on my existing products? Please bear in mind I had not authorised the API.

Also, I do not sell products in USD. Why is it necessary to set AliExpress to USD to use the AliShipping add on? This will cause problems with my prices when I update my products.
same here.. after updating Alishipping & Ali2Woo the existing shipping options of all the previous items are gone. Imported new product & from the product import list page tried to load aliexpress shipping, but nothing was loaded.

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
@ForumUser @MaCaM2

Hello! You need to use Alishipping add-on with Alidropship Plugin and Chrome Extension and be authorized to the API. You can use not only USD, we have changed the guide. Also you can use your own shippings and Alishipping's shippings. Just check this option in Alishipping's settings.

1.jpg

Also you can load shippings for each product in its settings and on checkout page

ForumUser

@ForumUser @MaCaM2

Hello! You need to use Alishipping add-on with Alidropship Plugin and Chrome Extension and be authorized to the API. You can use not only USD, we have changed the guide. Also you can use your own shippings and Alishipping's shippings. Just check this option in Alishipping's settings.

View attachment 16243

Also you can load shippings for each product in its settings and on checkout page

I was using the AliShipping with the AliDropship plugin and the Chrome extension to begin with. The only difference in the problem I highlighted was that I updated the AliShipping plugin. My update of the AliDropship plugin seems to be fine (but I see others are having problems).

Let me ask these questions to clarify:

1. Do I have to authorise the API in advance of updating the AliShipping plugin?

2. If I grant this API authorisation, then update my current AliShipping plugin, then set AliShipping as my priority shipping method like you suggest, will all my original AliShipping methods I've been using for years stay or will they disappear again as mentioned earlier?

3. Can I use any currency for AliShipping, just like before?

I ask question 2 because AliShipping was already set as my priority shipping method before the update. I don't understand what the issue is.

ForumUser

I was using the AliShipping with the AliDropship plugin and the Chrome extension to begin with. The only difference in the problem I highlighted was that I updated the AliShipping plugin. My update of the AliDropship plugin seems to be fine (but I see others are having problems).

Let me ask these questions to clarify:

1. Do I have to authorise the API in advance of updating the AliShipping plugin?

2. If I grant this API authorisation, then update my current AliShipping plugin, then set AliShipping as my priority shipping method like you suggest, will all my original AliShipping methods I've been using for years stay or will they disappear again as mentioned earlier?

3. Can I use any currency for AliShipping, just like before?

I ask question 2 because AliShipping was already set as my priority shipping method before the update. I don't understand what the issue is.
UPDATE:

I've authorised the API, I've updated the AliShipping plugin again, my AliShipping settings remain set as the priority just as before, but once again the AliShipping plugin strips my original AliShipping delivery methods from all of my existing products.

Not only this, but it also deletes all product descriptions from my existing products when I view them in edit mode.

The AliShipping plugin is not fixed at all. In fact, it's a bigger problem now.

MaCaM2

Yes of course i'm using Alishipping 2.0 Addons with AliDroship Woo plugins and the Chrome extensions & after updating Alishipping...all the existing products shipping options was gone. now i have to deactivate my site for good until i could find the solutions. Anyone here has managed to get alishipping to work?

Alishipping.jpg

Last edited:

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
@MaCaM2 @ForumUser @Cesar Araujo @kdb

Hello! Now Alishipping loads shippings automatically on the checkout page for products after a client selects country and its region/state. You can’t preload shippings in bulk for all of your products. Now alishipping add-on updates all shipping methods automatically. So that’s why all your previous shippings are gone. It doesn’t mean, that every time alishipping updates shipping methods the previous shipping methods will be deleted. It happens just for the first and only time after you updated your anlishipping add-on to 2.0 version. Each time new shipping methods appear on the checkout page they appear in alishipping settings too where you can see and edit them. You can check it - just add any of your products to the cart and go to checkout page. Also you can load shippings for a certain product in its settings.

Please, be sure you updated you products and your Alidropship Woo plugin to ver. 1.6.65 or Alidropship Plugin to ver. 1.9.1.1 and authorized to the API. How to authorize to the API see here for original plugin and here for woo. (The authorization prosess looks weird now, but we fixed this thing and will release a new authorization next week)

The problem with product’s description will be fixed as soon as possible. with product’s description will be fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited:

auzzie

UPDATE:

I've authorised the API, I've updated the AliShipping plugin again, my AliShipping settings remain set as the priority just as before, but once again the AliShipping plugin strips my original AliShipping delivery methods from all of my existing products.

Not only this, but it also deletes all product descriptions from my existing products when I view them in edit mode.

The AliShipping plugin is not fixed at all. In fact, it's a bigger problem now.
I found the same thing after updating, from the backend, I cannot see the description. However, from the front end I can still see it? Very strange? I only updated 1 site, I will not update the other 5 x sites I manage until this is fixed. I don't have time to explain to my Clients, and I have just been through all Products and added shipping into the price, therefore Free Shipping at the moment was the only way I could get around this.

auzzie

Hello! Now Alishipping loads shippings automatically on the checkout page for products after a client selects country and its region/state. You can’t preload shippings in bulk for all of your products. Now alishipping add-on updates all shipping methods automatically. So that’s why all your previous shippings are gone. It doesn’t mean, that every time alishipping updates shipping methods the previous shipping methods will be deleted. It happens just for the first and only time after you updated your anlishipping add-on to 2.0 version. Each time new shipping methods appear on the checkout page they appear in alishipping settings too where you can see and edit them. You can check it - just add any of your products to the cart and go to checkout page. Also you can load shippings for a certain product in its settings.

Please, be sure you updated you products and your Alidropship Woo plugin to ver. 1.6.65 or Alidropship Plugin to ver. 1.9.1.1 and authorized to the API. How to authorize to the API see here for original plugin and here for woo. (The authorization prosess looks weird now, but we fixed this thing and will release a new authorization next week)

The problem with product’s description will be fixed as soon as possible. with product’s description will be fixed as soon as possible.
I will wait until the problem with the product's description is fixed.

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
I found the same thing after updating, from the backend, I cannot see the description. However, from the front end I can still see it? Very strange? I only updated 1 site, I will not update the other 5 x sites I manage until this is fixed. I don't have time to explain to my Clients, and I have just been through all Products and added shipping into the price, therefore Free Shipping at the moment was the only way I could get around this.
You don’t need to explain something to your clients about shipping prices. They will see shipping prices on the checkout page. Those shippings are the same as on aliexpress for a product your client orders. But the problem with description will be fixed in the beginning of the next week.

ForumUser

Let me try to understand this. At what point during the checkout are shipping methods pulled via the API? When I viewed my basket based on the default customer address I have listed (i.e. for test transactions), there were no shipping methods for the product I placed in my basket. Bear in mind, this was just in the basket pre-checkout, not the payment info summary page before you finally pay/place order. Please specify when exactly the shipping methods are visible.

Also, are you saying that when the shipping methods are pulled through the API, this will also restore the old methods I had? If not, will I have to rename all the shipping methods I may have previously given custom names to? When these shipping methods are pulled through the API for the first time, will the plugin save them so they appear automatically in the basket just like they did before?

Please help me to understand.

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
@ForumUser

Hello! To take a closer look, please see this video I've recorded. Here you can see how shipping options are pulled via API.

*when I show you the address USA, Florida on Aliexpress page - this doesn't mean you have to set the same address on Aliexpress as in your order to load shipping methods. It was shown just to see that shipping methods and their prices are the same on Aliexpress and checkout page.

At what point during the checkout are shipping methods pulled via the API?
When your client adds a product to the cart. They can see shipping methods in the cart page and checkout page. Please, be sure you disabled your woocommerce shipping methods. Because those shipping methods may conflict.
1.jpg

When I viewed my basket based on the default customer address I have listed (i.e. for test transactions), there were no shipping methods for the product I placed in my basket. Bear in mind, this was just in the basket pre-checkout, not the payment info summary page before you finally pay/place order.
Please, try to disable your woocommerce shipping methods to check if Alishipping's shipping methods pulled on your basket page. Also keep in mind that some products are not shipped to some countries. Try to change address to check if the shipping methods showed up.

Also, are you saying that when the shipping methods are pulled through the API, this will also restore the old methods I had?
If you had shipping methods in Alishipping add-on - yes, your old shipping methods will disappear because this is a new version and now shipping methods from Aliexpress are stored differently at the technical level. But this happens only once when you update Alishipping to version 2.0.

will I have to rename all the shipping methods I may have previously given custom names to? When these shipping methods are pulled through the API for the first time, will the plugin save them so they appear automatically in the basket just like they did before?
Each time a product with a new shipping method is added to a basked or to the checkout page, those new shipping methods shows in Alishipping plugin. You can see it in the video when I added the product to the basked. Also the shows if you load them in the product settings for a certain country. There you can rename those shipping methods. Please, keep in mind you won't have to rename those shipping methods every time. Just only new ones.

2.jpg

We will fix the description error this week. Our developers are working on it.

If you have more questions, please, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to help.

ForumUser

@ForumUser

Hello! To take a closer look, please see this video I've recorded. Here you can see how shipping options are pulled via API.

*when I show you the address USA, Florida on Aliexpress page - this doesn't mean you have to set the same address on Aliexpress as in your order to load shipping methods. It was shown just to see that shipping methods and their prices are the same on Aliexpress and checkout page.

When your client adds a product to the cart. They can see shipping methods in the cart page and checkout page. Please, be sure you disabled your woocommerce shipping methods. Because those shipping methods may conflict.
View attachment 16249

Please, try to disable your woocommerce shipping methods to check if Alishipping's shipping methods pulled on your basket page. Also keep in mind that some products are not shipped to some countries. Try to change address to check if the shipping methods showed up.

If you had shipping methods in Alishipping add-on - yes, your old shipping methods will disappear because this is a new version and now shipping methods from Aliexpress are stored differently at the technical level. But this happens only once when you update Alishipping to version 2.0.

Each time a product with a new shipping method is added to a basked or to the checkout page, those new shipping methods shows in Alishipping plugin. You can see it in the video when I added the product to the basked. Also the shows if you load them in the product settings for a certain country. There you can rename those shipping methods. Please, keep in mind you won't have to rename those shipping methods every time. Just only new ones.

View attachment 16250

We will fix the description error this week. Our developers are working on it.

If you have more questions, please, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to help.

Thanks for the explanation.

I've never used woocommerce shipping methods. I've always used Alishipping. Are you saying I need to completely disable the woocommerce shipping plugin i.e. turn it off?

On the contrary to what you show in your screenshot, when I add an item to my basket and then view my basket, the shipping methods are not pulling into my basket like how they are displayed under "cart totals" in your screenshot.

That noted, even though I authorised the API, I have not processed an order through the API yet. Does this make a difference?

Also, If I were to make dummy orders on each of my products myself (at least up until the point before paying), would I be able to preload all the shipping methods in advance for customers?

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
@ForumUser

On the contrary to what you show in your screenshot, when I add an item to my basket and then view my basket, the shipping methods are not pulling into my basket like how they are displayed under "cart totals" in your screenshot.
Please, could you clarify, do you use ALidropship Woo Plugin ver. 1.6.63 or 1.6.65? Because with Alishipping 2.0 you need to use ve. 1.6.65 plugin to make shippings work.

Are you saying I need to completely disable the woocommerce shipping plugin i.e. turn it off?
You need to disable your wocommerce shipping methods (if you have them) which located in Woocommerce -> Settings -> Shipping.

That noted, even though I authorised the API, I have not processed an order through the API yet. Does this make a difference?
It doesn't make a difference. You just need to be authorized.

Also, If I were to make dummy orders on each of my products myself (at least up until the point before paying), would I be able to preload all the shipping methods in advance for customers?
If a shipping method loads for the first time on basket or checkout pages it shows in Alishipping settings where it saves. In later times this shipping will be loaded not from Aliexpress but from Alishipping plugin with a name you assigned to it. Also, you can preload shipping methods not only by making dummy order on yourself, but from a certain product settings (in edit section).

Sergei Alidropship

Administrator
Staff member
@ForumUser @MaCaM2 @Cesar Araujo @kdb

Hello! We've released new versions of Alidropship plugin and Alishipping. Please, update to Alidropship Woo ver. 1.6.67 (Alidropship ver. 1.9.1.2) and Alishipping ver. 2.0.1. There are fixes for product description. Also, we added a new section for API authorization which you can find in your wordpress admin area -> Alidropship (Alidropship Woo) -> Aliexpress Login.

If you can't update your Alidropship plugin you can download it from our Alidropship website here.

If you have more questions, please, feel free to ask me here. I'll do my best to help you!

ForumUser

@ForumUser

Please, could you clarify, do you use ALidropship Woo Plugin ver. 1.6.63 or 1.6.65? Because with Alishipping 2.0 you need to use ve. 1.6.65 plugin to make shippings work.

You need to disable your wocommerce shipping methods (if you have them) which located in Woocommerce -> Settings -> Shipping.

It doesn't make a difference. You just need to be authorized.

If a shipping method loads for the first time on basket or checkout pages it shows in Alishipping settings where it saves. In later times this shipping will be loaded not from Aliexpress but from Alishipping plugin with a name you assigned to it. Also, you can preload shipping methods not only by making dummy order on yourself, but from a certain product settings (in edit section).

I was using AliDropship Woo 1.6.65 and I've now updated to 1.6.67. Since you've updated the AliShipping plugin, I will also try to download it again and will report back if I'm still having issues.

ForumUser

@ForumUser @MaCaM2 @Cesar Araujo @kdb

Hello! We've released new versions of Alidropship plugin and Alishipping. Please, update to Alidropship Woo ver. 1.6.67 (Alidropship ver. 1.9.1.2) and Alishipping ver. 2.0.1. There are fixes for product description. Also, we added a new section for API authorization which you can find in your wordpress admin area -> Alidropship (Alidropship Woo) -> Aliexpress Login.

If you can't update your Alidropship plugin you can download it from our Alidropship website here.

If you have more questions, please, feel free to ask me here. I'll do my best to help you!

Now the "Place Order Automatically API" button does not work when I click it, so I cannot authorise the API.