Alishipping add-on is now only displaying shipping fees in USD on the cart calculator despite default currency chosen is another

Rodmeister

Hello team,

I just noticed that after the last update you guys released for the Alishipping add-on, my client website is now only showing USD amounts for the shipping fees on the cart page shipping calculator section. I know for a fact that this was not happening before that update which is why I can only assume that this new problem is caused by the last update you deployed which we installed. I already triggered the shipping "Update" button within the Alishipping dashboard menu thinking that might solve the problem yet nothing changed after reaching 100% completion. Whatever you guys recently did to the add-on screwed up the currency for the shipping calculator on the cart page, please undo and fix the problem.

I have been noticing that using the Alishipping plugin has been more of a nightmare trying to find alternative solutions to problems that you guys haven't yet addressed and it looks like once I come up with a workaround to temporarily solve an issue that you haven't fixed, you then create new problems for us. Please check into this and confirm what's going, thanks!

aliexpress-screenshot.JPG

And here below you will see the same product on the client store...

smnph-screenshot.JPG

The shipping amounts will also remain in USD even if we proceed to the checkout page which you can see here below...

smnph-screenshot2.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

chris37

Hello team,

I just noticed that after the last update you guys released for the Alishipping add-on, my client website is now only showing USD amounts for the shipping fees on the cart page shipping calculator section. I know for a fact that this was not happening before that update which is why I can only assume that this new problem is caused by the last update you deployed which we installed. I already triggered the shipping "Update" button within the Alishipping dashboard menu thinking that might solve the problem yet nothing changed after reaching 100% completion. Whatever you guys recently did to the add-on screwed up the currency for the shipping calculator on the cart page, please undo and fix the problem.

I have been noticing that using the Alishipping plugin has been more of a nightmare trying to find alternative solutions to problems that you guys haven't yet addressed and it looks like once I come up with a workaround to temporarily solve an issue that you haven't fixed, you then create new problems for us. Please check into this and confirm what's going, thanks!

View attachment 13184

View attachment 13185

The shipping amounts will also remain in USD even if we proceed to the checkout page which you can see here below...

View attachment 13186
Yes I see the amount show USD but the currency symbol is PHP, is sure a bug ,but also strange.
The reason is alidropship default checkout page allow only the default store currency do be show (with the default currency switcher you can change the currency in all your website but not in the checkout,there is always the store default currency).

1) in the first case scenario I assume you have the default currency switcher from alidropship, and you choose your store default currency to be PHP ... (in this case I see again this similar issue other use have in the checkout if they don't use default store currency USA)

I can not confirm your issue in my site because I use aelia currency switcher witch allow me to have multi currency checkout... you can check your self in this forum how you can implant it in your site us well .. check aelia currency switcher and follow the setting there.

Mar

Hello team,

View attachment 13184

View attachment 13185

View attachment 13186
After the update, at my end this is what I notice upon checking after I saw your post. The price at checkout is the currency that I set in the site, (GBP, just for a test), converted to US dollar, the shipping destination country. The shipping currency is in GBP converted to US dollar, again the shipping destination country. I think it is alright. It is hard to explain, but I think one of the reason why it is like that at my end is the currency converter.

1602913760563.png

chris37

After the update, at my end this is what I notice upon checking after I saw your post. The price at checkout is the currency that I set in the site, (GBP, just for a test), converted to US dollar, the shipping destination country. The shipping currency is in GBP converted to US dollar, again the shipping destination country. I think it is alright. It is hard to explain, but I think one of the reason why it is like that at my end is the currency converter.

View attachment 13189
My default currency is USD i choose EUR for test and everything work ok!

20201017_090616.jpg

I use the aelia currency switcher..
But I believe this is a bug if you don't have USD default store currency.. I think the_lyall mention this bug few weeks ago

Mar

My default currency is USD i choose EUR for test and everything work ok!

View attachment 13191

I use the aelia currency switcher..
But I believe this is a bug if you don't have USD default store currency.. I think the_lyall mention this bug few weeks ago
At my end it is regardless of the default store currency. I have tested it, what ever the shipping destination, the product price and shipping cost is converted to the currency of that country.

chris37

At my end it is regardless of the default store currency. I have tested it, what ever the shipping destination, the product price and shipping cost is converted to the currency of that country.
Same at my end... both the same.

chris37

View attachment 13189
Check your currency switcher setting ,
somewhere have force checkout in the store default currency... is not matter what your corverte show in the checkout page is always overide it.

20201017_125121.jpg

Mar

Check your currency switcher setting ,
somewhere have force checkout in the store default currency... is not matter what your corverte show in the checkout page is always overide it.

View attachment 13193
That is the setup Aelia Currency Switcher. I am using the Woocommerce Multi Currency Switcher. You will notice, it has conversions in the checkout page.

1602929643378.png

the_lyall

This problem only occurs for me if you have more than one product in the cart, as that's when the plugin uses stored shipping values. For example - one product in the cart, shipping options start at several thousand Philippine Pesos. Add another product to the cart and the shipping options drop down to 52 Pesos (the approx. USD amount but showing in the right currency). The total shipping cost is displayed correctly at the bottom, but the line item level shipping costs show the wrong amount.

Example checkout page with only one product in cart:

1602944285884.png

The amount doesn't match AliExpress, but we'll gloss over that for now, it's close enough:

1602944915625.png

And then without making any changes other than adding another product to the cart, it changes to the below:

1602944363711.png

It's not a cache issue, as this is in a new incognito window in a browser that hasn't viewed these products before, with an empty cache.

The problem is that it's using the values stored against the product in AliShipping add-on without converting the currency. Here's the product screen:

1602944813815.png

I don't know why it stopped converting the stored AliShipping costs to the right currency, but it's definitely a problem when more than one product is on the order.

However, it does work for other countries, such as using USD, GBP etc. shows the right costs. It looks like it's specific to Philippines and PHP currency. @Dimitriy Strekalov do you know why this might be an issue with Philippines? I can't provide admin access but the issue can probably be reproduced on any site with the add-on if you select Philippines as the delivery country and PHP as the currency.

Last edited:

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
This problem only occurs for me if you have more than one product in the cart, as that's when the plugin uses stored shipping values. For example - one product in the cart, shipping options start at several thousand Philippine Pesos. Add another product to the cart and the shipping options drop down to 52 Pesos (the approx. USD amount but showing in the right currency). The total shipping cost is displayed correctly at the bottom, but the line item level shipping costs show the wrong amount.

Example checkout page with only one product in cart:

View attachment 13198

The amount doesn't match AliExpress, but we'll gloss over that for now, it's close enough:

View attachment 13201

And then without making any changes other than adding another product to the cart, it changes to the below:

View attachment 13199

It's not a cache issue, as this is in a new incognito window in a browser that hasn't viewed these products before, with an empty cache.

The problem is that it's using the values stored against the product in AliShipping add-on without converting the currency. Here's the product screen:

View attachment 13200

I don't know why it stopped converting the stored AliShipping costs to the right currency, but it's definitely a problem when more than one product is on the order.

However, it does work for other countries, such as using USD, GBP etc. shows the right costs. It looks like it's specific to Philippines and PHP currency. @Dimitriy Strekalov do you know why this might be an issue with Philippines? I can't provide admin access but the issue can probably be reproduced on any site with the add-on if you select Philippines as the delivery country and PHP as the currency.
Hello!

We will check this issue as well, thank you.

Mar

Hello!

We will check this issue as well, thank you.
Yes, check this and the many other issues of this add-on. Also, there should be information what issue has been resolved, changed or added in each update. This add-on has frequent updates but users don't know what were they all about. It create an impression that the updates are just to show that the add-on is being improved but actually nothing has changed.

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, check this and the many other issues of this add-on. Also, there should be information what issue has been resolved, changed or added in each update. This add-on has frequent updates but users don't know what were they all about. It create an impression that the updates are just to show that the add-on is being improved but actually nothing has changed.
Hello.

AliShipping changelog is available here:
https://alidropship.com/addons/alishipping/#show-updates

sejiii

Hi. What plugin are you using for this functionality?

chris37

I am using AliShipping too but when I choose country in checkout, it is still in USD. not the country I selected in the checkout form
Your cache plugin is not compatible with none of the currency setting and plugins from alidropship.
Is the biggest issue if you use woo version .

Each website dependenting of the set up and hosting need different configuration for is working correct.

In this forum you can check similar issue with your and solutions.

Is complicated issue because of the many ways need for it fix