Aliexpress "ugly" side

Nello

I recently noticed that the prices on aliexpress are consistently going up and in many cases cut into our profit.

There is another avenue where these sellers are sourcing items to sell on aliexpress and I was wondering if it is the case also to support this other platform (also owned by alibaba) that is TaoBao.

So ideally we would get images from aliexpress (since is becoming more "english" by the day) but process the purchases with a TaoBao seller (problem is that is purely chinese speaking site)

TaoBao also offers API as aliexpress does... so it should be straight forward its implementation.

Just an idea to keep viable this business.

Neil

Yes, i think going forward this plugin would need to integrate products from a number of sources to remain competitive and profitable. dhgate would be one of the obvious starts.

I believe the alidropship team are already looking into this (as in integrating more product sources)

Yaros

Staff member
btw TaoBao has a very solid API, that is much more interesting and professional compared with AliExpress API, but unfortunately everything is in Chinese and we can't use it.

As for AliExpress prices they are increasing now because of November 11 shopping festival. The sellers put higher prices now to give huge discounts on Nov. 11th.