AliExpress order closed. Need to appeal with identity docs

Eric S.

I'm curious if this has happened to others. It looks like on my first international shipment, AliExpress is asking for pictures of identity documents (drivers license, credit card etc). I understand their need for this but also leery of sending that information. Have you had to do this?

neeraj89

I'm curious if this has happened to others. It looks like on my first international shipment, AliExpress is asking for pictures of identity documents (drivers license, credit card etc). I understand their need for this but also leery of sending that information. Have you had to do this?
Hey eric, i did't face this situation before. and i have orders lots of stuffs for resale purpose.. sometimes i ordered 20-30 pieces of same models.. They didn't ask for any documents previously. Its been 3 month.. can't say if they started to ask for docs now..

Eric S.

It may depend on how you are paying. This may not be a problem if you use PayPal to make the purchases. I'm using a credit card currently.

neeraj89

It may depend on how you are paying. This may not be a problem if you use PayPal to make the purchases. I'm using a credit card currently.
me too.. everytime i purchased with my debit card. never used paypal to purchase

Nor

Read this forum from start to finish about this issue. People who have bought into oberlo have face these similar issues and in there you will fin ways to get around aliexpress closing your orders. Its a known issues in the aliexpress dropshipping world. Here is the best and up to date piece of advice i found in that forum:

here is the link: http://ask.oberlo.com/d/313-orders-closing-has-almost-destroyed-my-business

Here is the piece of advice i was talking about.

"
Just wanted to give everyone an update.

These are the steps I used that gradually solved the problem.

1) I used an older AliExpress account that I had used a few months before on a seperate store. Although this account had not been used for high volumes of daily orders, it had a dropshipping style transaction history (i.e. multiple small orders being placed rapidly in short bursts of time). Although I can't really prove this was the sole solution, I think the fraud protection did not flag it because it wasn't a brand new account that may have seemed suspicious going from zero to 100 overnight.

2) We cut all daily promotion until our orders didn't close and incrementally added it back day by day. We realized we were at a point where sustainability was more important than sales. This helped us catch up and gave us the time to carefully monitor each batch of orders as they were processed.

3) We moved all our business banking over to Wells Fargo and got a business credit card to do our orders with instead of using a debit card. The branch manager went out of his way to make notes on the account to allow hundreds of daily transactions, and to allow any AliExpress transactions made on the card regardless of our location or amount. We never had another order closing after this happened. Our daily spending limit increased to $10,000 so we never had to worry about separating orders onto different cards.

One thing I can emphasize is to be up front and provide as much information as possible to your bank before you dropship. This will help rule out the possibility that your orders are being closed by your bank, not AliExpress. Another benefit about having a business credit card, is you can start earning reward points on the thousands of dollars you spend on AliExpress.

4) We started doing the "Pay using a different method" option on each customer's orders and stacking them in the "Awaiting Payment" section of the My Orders section. Oberlo implemented a green "Pay for all orders" button that comes in handy. Using this has been a lifesaver, as well as a huge timesaver.

The lesson I learned from this was to PACE YOURSELF. Don't be so caught up in scaling your business and making money that you don't set it up properly. And secondly, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. The more money you make dropshipping, the more risk there is for problems, whether it be your payment processor, fraudulent chargebacks, or orders closing such as this situation.

I encourage anyone who reads this stay involved in the Oberlo community and learn as much as you can from the successes and the nightmares other entrepreneurs go through. Tell your story because chances are there's someone else out there going through the exact same thing who has no idea what to do.

Thanks for all the responses and solutions and to Oberlo for this amazing app that's helped me go from a dishwasher in a restaurant to almost 7 figures in less than a year. It's been an incredible ride!"

otk

From what i understand, this problem happens to new Aliexpress accounts only. Is your account new?

Just verify yourself, it days few days, and all is ok.

Rodrigo

Well, just happened with me and my first order... Its an old Aliexpress account where i randomly buy stuff.

Submitted id, card, and corporation docs, lets see how long this takes

Rodrigo

following up, today my appeal/verification was accepted. Placed my first order for business purposes :)

Tina

Happened to me with my aliexpress account. After maybe placing 3 customers orders.
All I needed was to provide them with what they wanted, and after about 5 day they lifted the appeal and I was good to go.

JulezFM39

Hi, I have had a terrible time with this problem. I am a new dropshipper using the Ali Dropship plug in, and had placed 3 orders using my credit card. When I went to place a fourth with a seller I had already ordered from (same credit card), this security message came up. My account has been locked down for 5 days and I am unable to process my customer orders. Unfortunately I kept getting "system busy" when I tried to upload the ID docs on their system (I am in the software business so it wasn't my error). I was sent an email and told to reply with my ID etc - it was the wrong email address!! 3 days ago I finally found out that there was a particular security email address to send the documents to. I duly did this. I also uploaded screenshots to several different Eva operators of the emails I had sent. After much chasing up on "Eva" for 5 days, I have had assurance after assurance that "you are a priority dear customer" OR "Do not worry dear customer, it will be finished within this day." I have lost hope now that this is being resolved and am thinking of shutting down my online store as I cannot run a business with such amateurs. A shame as it is just starting to take off!! If Ali Express think they can be like Amazon, they should think again!! Any advice please? Many thanks.

Wanted to ask the member who paid directly from their bank account? How did you set this up with the supplier? This particular supplier does not accept PayPal so I cannot use my PayPal business account. I am just so upset as my customer is waiting for me to dispatch and will start to think I'ma fraudulent business at this rate.

Last edited:

JulezFM39

Hi, I have had a terrible time with this problem. I am a new dropshipper using the Ali Dropship plug in, and had placed 3 orders using my credit card. When I went to place a fourth with a seller I had already ordered from (same credit card), this security message came up. My account has been locked down for 5 days and I am unable to process my customer orders. Unfortunately I kept getting "system busy" when I tried to upload the ID docs on their system (I am in the software business so it wasn't my error). I was sent an email and told to reply with my ID etc - it was the wrong email address!! 3 days ago I finally found out that there was a particular security email address to send the documents to. I duly did this. I also uploaded screenshots to several different Eva operators of the emails I had sent. After much chasing up on "Eva" for 5 days, I have had assurance after assurance that "you are a priority dear customer" OR "Do not worry dear customer, it will be finished within this day." I have lost hope now that this is being resolved and am thinking of shutting down my online store as I cannot run a business with such amateurs. A shame as it is just starting to take off!! If Ali Express think they can be like Amazon, they should think again!! Any advice please? Many thanks.

Happened to me with my aliexpress account. After maybe placing 3 customers orders.
All I needed was to provide them with what they wanted, and after about 5 day they lifted the appeal and I was good to go.
Hi Tina, could you please tell me how you were notified about the appeal being lifted? Did you send the documents to their security@aliexpress.com email address? Many thanks, Julia

JulezFM39

following up, today my appeal/verification was accepted. Placed my first order for business purposes :)

Hi Rodrigo, please can you let me know how you followed up? I have had a nightmare trying to get any answers from Ali Express! Your appeal moved very quickly! Did you receive an email confirmation from them? Thank you

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo, please can you let me know how you followed up? I have had a nightmare trying to get any answers from Ali Express! Your appeal moved very quickly! Did you receive an email confirmation from them? Thank you
Well, they do take their sweet time.

Something "extra" I did is that I contacted them via chat support and told them that I was worried because the appeal is hurting my dropshipping business. The chat representative told me, after I gave her the appeal number and info, that is still pending however she was going to put a rush on it so they can contact me within 24 hours or as soon as possible, dont remember the phrasing. I also emailed their address security@aliexpress.com. I think the email didnt help since I got a response after the appeal was approved, or maybe it did, who knows.

Obviously, upload the require documentation ;).

EDIT: what I am currently doing right now is buying the AliPocket cards, basically is balance you buy and stays in your account, so when you place an order that is how you pay. This way I attempt to prevent multiple card uses, and just a moderate to big one from time to time

Last edited:

JulezFM39

Well, they do take their sweet time.

Something "extra" I did is that I contacted them via chat support and told them that I was worried because the appeal is hurting my dropshipping business. The chat representative told me, after I gave her the appeal number and info, that is still pending however she was going to put a rush on it so they can contact me within 24 hours or as soon as possible, dont remember the phrasing. I also emailed their address security@aliexpress.com. I think the email didnt help since I got a response after the appeal was approved, or maybe it did, who knows.

Obviously, upload the require documentation ;).

EDIT: what I am currently doing right now is buying the AliPocket cards, basically is balance you buy and stays in your account, so when you place an order that is how you pay. This way I attempt to prevent multiple card uses, and just a moderate to big one from time to time
Hi Rodrigo
Thanks for your advice. Although I tried over and over again to upload the docs on the appeal page, it kept saying System busy. I had sent it all to the security email address as well. Today I was on live chat with Carla, a supervisor. She asked me to clear my cookies/cache and try a different browser. Nothing worked. She said she would notify the verification team of the fault.. and it would be solved immediately... just now I got an email from the risk control team asking me to upload my ID etc!!! I really have no clue what the heck they are doing. They thanked me for my email (but no mention of the attachments I had sent). I am so fed up now as I have a bunch of stuck orders! Now nothing will happen over the weekend. I'm going to try later to upload the documents again. It's infuriating.

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo
Thanks for your advice. Although I tried over and over again to upload the docs on the appeal page, it kept saying System busy. I had sent it all to the security email address as well. Today I was on live chat with Carla, a supervisor. She asked me to clear my cookies/cache and try a different browser. Nothing worked. She said she would notify the verification team of the fault.. and it would be solved immediately... just now I got an email from the risk control team asking me to upload my ID etc!!! I really have no clue what the heck they are doing. They thanked me for my email (but no mention of the attachments I had sent). I am so fed up now as I have a bunch of stuck orders! Now nothing will happen over the weekend. I'm going to try later to upload the documents again. It's infuriating.

from what I have read in multiple forums, dont be afraid to contact them often (not like once every hour, but probably a couple times a day like via chat and via email). Letting them know that you are having problems and those problems affect your business.

JulezFM39

from what I have read in multiple forums, dont be afraid to contact them often (not like once every hour, but probably a couple times a day like via chat and via email). Letting them know that you are having problems and those problems affect your business.

Hi again Rodrigo. Thanks for your advice. What I am worried about is that I cannot even upload the documents due to the error message I get every time which is:
"The system is busy. Please try again later.
Please refresh the current page or back to My Order."
Nobody seems to have fixed this... all I can do is keep emailing the security email address!

Rodrigo

Hi again Rodrigo. Thanks for your advice. What I am worried about is that I cannot even upload the documents due to the error message I get every time which is:
"The system is busy. Please try again later.
Please refresh the current page or back to My Order."
Nobody seems to have fixed this... all I can do is keep emailing the security email address!

yes, I understand that and I bet is very frustrating, considering you have a business to run :(. Thats why I suggest to contact them often, eventually someone will not want to hear from you and fix the issue ;). However as mentioned, do not harass them lol.

JulezFM39

yes, I understand that and I bet is very frustrating, considering you have a business to run :(. Thats why I suggest to contact them often, eventually someone will not want to hear from you and fix the issue ;). However as mentioned, do not harass them lol.
Thanks again Rodrigo. I have emailed the security team just now with the documentation attached once more. It's really difficult as it's not a supplier issue and not my fault either, but the customer is the one not getting his order processed :(( I will try not to hassle them for a day... I need a break from the live chat to be honest!!