Aliexpress Auto Price update not working - 11/11 shopping festival

Nor

Ok long thread but i will try to simplify everything as best as possible. This issue may affect you and your website so keep reading and let me know if you encounter this problem as well. As you guys may know Aliexpress is having a huge global shopping festival that its marketing tactics starts from Oct 28th and the official promotion takes place on Nov 11th. (See pic below)

aliexpress sale.PNG

As we can see, this is a huge aliexpress promotion. Aside from the huge promotion, many suppliers (not all) on Aliexpress have decided to partake or be involved in this huge marketing promotion with Aliexpress.

Now i will show you why the plugin is not auto updating the price from aliexpress and why this relates to the huge aliexpress marketing promotion thats taking place from Oct. 28th to Nov 11th. This doesn't affect only my store but it could very well affect your guys stores as well. Let me show you one of my many products i am promoting on this store for example.

website store product page.PNG

As you can see in the image above, the product on my website is $33.64 USD. Now lets take a look at what the actual product costs on Aliexpress. (see pic below)aliexpress product page.PNG

Ok so on the Aliexpress product page, we see 2 different price points. The original product price is $23 USD and then underneath that product price, the sale price shows the product at $14.72 USD. The problem with this picture is the alidropship plugin is using the sale price in the auto price update which i will show in a bit. The problem is that product on Aliexpress will only be on sale at $14.72 USD on Nov 11th which is the last day Aliexpress is promoting the global shopping festival. So the supplier jacked up the rates (to $23 USD a piece) before the Oct 28th promotion of this Aliexpress marketing campaign and the only day that sale price will come effect is 14 days after which is Nov 11th.

Okay lets jump back to my website to finish discussing the issue. Okay so as you can see below, we are in the edit module interface on my wordpress site for the product im promoting on my website. We can see in the image below that the alidropship plugin is showing 2 price points, one price point starting at $14,95 a piece and the other price point starting at $23 USD a piece. Seems like the plugin imported all the price points but is using the sale price point to advertise and promote on my website instead of the reg price point of $23 USD. But remember the sale price point is only valid Nov 11th. Before we continue lets look at my pricing formulamy website two price points.PNG

Okay here we can see my pricing formula below. So if the plugin imported 2 price points and is using the sale price point to promote my product, Then $14.95 x 2.25 = $33.64 USD a piece. Problem with all of this is the plugin should be using the reg price point of $23 USD a piece and not the sale price cause we have to remember the supplier jacked up the sale price from $14.95 on Oct 28th to $23 USD a piece on Oct. 28th and will maintain that reg price point until Nov 11th when the sale price drops down to $14.72 USD a piece. That means is a customer was interested in buying this particular product within these 14 days (from Oct 28th to Nov 11th) then technically i am losing some money because the plugin didn't use the correct price to update my product. This pricing error doesn not only affect this particular product, it affects over 50% of my website and thats because many suppliers on aliexpress are a part of this aliexpress promotion which is screwing up the pricing tables. I have some products showing $35 USD a piece on my store but when i go to aliexpress, the sale price changed from $15.56 USD a piece to over $128 a piece. I would be screwed because the product would be more expensive than the customer paying me to buy it.

my website price points.PNG

This is a pretty big problem and encourage those to check their stores to see if they are encountering the same problem as me.

Last edited:

Nor

Heres another for proof. This is a solid example of how i would lose money on a product.

2.PNG

3.PNG

1.PNG

my website price points.PNG

Yaros

Staff member
Thank you for this detailed post! Yes, that's true and unfortunately we can't do here anything, so we decided not to update products until the end of 11/11 promotion.

Reactions: Nor

Simos

I think that the best bet would be to Pause your existing Ad Campaigns. For purchases that occur from 8-11/11 wait until 11/11 passes and the prices (hopefully) go back to normal so you can place your orders then.

Great day for Aliexpress, not so great for dropshippers trying to make a profit off it! Do we know if that promotion ends after 11/11?

Yaros

Staff member
I think that the best bet would be to Pause your existing Ad Campaigns. For purchases that occur from 8-11/11 wait until 11/11 passes and the prices (hopefully) go back to normal so you can place your orders then.

Great day for Aliexpress, not so great for dropshippers trying to make a profit off it! Do we know if that promotion ends after 11/11?
Yes, this promotion will stop after 11/11. We were also not ready for this situation, because last year we just started our dropshipping journey and did not pay much attention to this promotion.

Nor

Yes, this promotion will stop after 11/11. We were also not ready for this situation, because last year we just started our dropshipping journey and did not pay much attention to this promotion.

I know you and your team have alot on your plate but do you think in the future the plugin would be able to:

- tackle the problem by sending products to draft if aliexpress product price is higher than store price,

or

- will the plugin be able to extract and update the product price automatically the when it discovers a higher price out of the 2 price points and automatically update it from there.

Will be on the lookout for future aliexpress promotions. Thanks.

otk

If your sales areng very high volume and you have some time over, then just contact the seller in chat when they are online and ask them to give you 11.11 price. Thats my solution and so far works.
1. contact seller, ask for 11.11 price
2. place order but don't pay (select Pay with other methods)
3. go to orders list
4. ask seller to adjust price
5. pay the order

If you do this all without closing the browser meanwhile, you will still get $$ from admitad/EPN

Nor

If your sales areng very high volume and you have some time over, then just contact the seller in chat when they are online and ask them to give you 11.11 price. Thats my solution and so far works.
1. contact seller, ask for 11.11 price
2. place order but don't pay (select Pay with other methods)
3. go to orders list
4. ask seller to adjust price
5. pay the order

If you do this all without closing the browser meanwhile, you will still get $$ from admitad/EPN

Thanks for the reply man, thats a good tip i will be sure to use. Just watch out for future promotions, don't want you to lose your money especially if you promote the product through FB ads at any point.