AliDropship WOO ver. 1.2.9 - UPDATE

Gil

Not a good idea. Let the buyer know the item he bought is delivered when he actually receive it. What if the item is not received yet but received a Delivered email? The buyer will be worried that he will not receive it anymore since it is delivered in the system.

That's exactly what my suggestion is trying to prevent, please check the attached screenshot from Aliexpress:
2018-10-26_07-43-48.jpg
As you can see in the screenshot we are getting the information from Aliexpress when the item was picked up from the post office.

Now we can do couple of things using this info and Alidropship sync feature:
1) Send an email to the customer after a day (it would be nice to have an option to choose how many days after to send this email) saying "Hi, we noticed you received your order and hope you're happy with it, please let us know if something is not as you expected, also you can leave a review and get %10 for your next purchase."

2) The second thing we can do with this info is to update the Alidropship/WooCommerce system automatically, so after the Alidropship plugin sync with Aliexpress and gets the "Delivery successful" it will change the status to completed. This will save us a lot of time figuring out which orders where already received and will make the process fully automated :).

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

As you can see in the screenshot we are getting the information from Aliexpress when the item was picked up from the post office.
Yes. But the fact is ... "sometimes" on rare occasions that is inaccurate. That's basically what Mar is saying ... in regards to An "Order Delivered" email ... only. Sometimes it says delivered, but it's still in the postman's bag or in a delivery van somewhere and actually gets delivered a little later.
She is not referring to "Follow up Emails" that can use that data.

Bottom line ... an "Order Delivered" email is redundant and unnecessary anyway. It's not worth wasting your time trying to justify it. Give it up. Just stick to follow up emails days/weeks later instead.

1) Send an email to the customer after a day (it would be nice to have an option to choose how many days after to send this email) saying "Hi, we noticed you received your order and hope you're happy with it, please let us know if something is not as you expected, also you can leave a review and get %10 for your next purchase."
You're just repeating what I and others have said in response to your original request of an "Order Delivered" email. No need to argue the point. We got it. Follow up emails ... check. :) And even if it's not included in the plugin, you can still use a 3rd party plugin to achieve it. I've been doing it manually, but Arnaldo pointed out that Woo plugin, I'm grabbing one. It also handles Abandoned Carts so I can get rid of the Abandoned Cart plugin. :)

2) The second thing we can do with this info is to update the Alidropship/WooCommerce system automatically, so after the email sent to the customer it will change the status to completed. This will save us a lot of time figuring out which orders where already received and will make the process fully automated

Now this bit is worthwhile.

:)

Last edited:

Gil

Yes. But the fact is ... "sometimes" on rare occasions that is inaccurate. That's basically what Mar is saying ... in regards to An "Order Delivered" email ... only. Sometimes it says delivered, but it's still in the postman's bag or in a delivery van somewhere and actually gets delivered a little later.
She is not referring to "Follow up Emails" that can use that data.

Bottom line ... an "Order Delivered" email is redundant and unnecessary anyway. It's not worth wasting your time trying to justify it. Give it up. Just stick to follow up emails days/weeks later instead.

Now this bit is worthwhile.

Thank you for your opinion, I hope in the future you'll learn to respect mine :) calling to someone's idea silly and unnecessary doesn't make you a better man. Also your effort to dispute my suggestion is ridiculous. I think better to let the Alidropship developers decide if that's something they would like to include in their plugin or not.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Thank you for your opinion, I hope in the future you'll learn to respect mine :) calling to someone's idea silly and unnecessary doesn't make you a better man.
Oh for God's sake. I predicted this. And it's getting a little tedious. I think a lot of people here are new to "forums". :) But if it soothes your hurt feelings, I did say your point number 2 was worthwhile. It's actually a great idea. Don't be so sensitive. Not everyone is going to agree with everything you say during your life. People don't agree with everything I say ... and that's fine. I don't sarcastically infer to them that they think they are a "better man". The fact is ... telling someone by email that their package has arrived when they already have it IS silly. Simple as that. There's no escaping it. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Also your effort to dispute my suggestion is ridiculous.
I'm only "disputing" your original suggestion of an "Order Delivered" email (Which IS ridiculous) ... not your revised suggestions mirroring what I and others said after. If I was ... I'd be disputing myself .. lol. You need to re-read.

I think better to let the Alidropship developers decide if it's something they would like to include or not in their plugin.
Sure thing. It's also better if you realise that this is a members forum and forums are places for opinions to be expressed, by the members. If you can't tolerate that (many on this forum can't ... hence my "Disclaimer" ... which didn't seem to work .. lol) ... simply write to support@alidropship.com and communicate with the developers directly. Simple.

Last edited:

Gil

Let's agree to disagree, I think there's a way to express your opinion and being respectful to others at the same time, it's working for me, you should try it one time :)

Direct Webstore

Let's agree to disagree,

No worries. You think sending an email telling someone holding a package in their hands that it has arrived is useful ... I don't. Sorted. No problem.

So what I have been saying in a nutshell ... that you seem to miscomprehend ....

-Revised suggestion based on others input .. "Follow up Emails" ... Great!
-Suggestion to automatically update the Woo backend order status ... Great!
-Original suggestion for "Order Delivered" email ... Silly.

I think there's a way to express your opinion and being respectful to others at the same time, it's working for me, you should try it one time
I haven't shown you any disrespect at all. I simply said an idea of yours is "silly". I've been told some of my ideas are silly, stupid and crazy many times in my life ... and as an emotionally mature adult, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. You're just overly sensitive. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Now .... can we drop this time wasting rubbish? Yes? Good.

;)

Last edited:

Gil

-Revised suggestion based on others input .. "Follow up Emails" ... Great!

What you call "Follow up emails" I call "Ordered Delivered" email, it's basically the same thing, an option to send an email automatically after we get the info from Aliexpress of "Delivery successful", and an option to choose how long after to send this email.

Direct Webstore

Now .... can we drop this time wasting rubbish? Yes? Good.

Obviously not.

Give up the back pedaling semantics .. please. You're just being annoying. I've already said that the "revised" suggestion offered by myself and others is great and you seem to think so too as you have also "revised" your original "silly" suggestion.

I've also said that your idea for the Woo backend orders update is great. What on Earth are you going on about? I agree with 2/3 of what you have said. What more do you want? I've only disagreed with your "original" suggestion. Give it up. And grow up. For God's sake. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Gil

Just to sum it up, here's the flow I'm suggesting using the Alidropship sync feature:

1) An automated email sent after the package was shipped - this one is working great after the last update! :)

2) Updating the Woo/Alidropship order status automatically to "Shipped" - this would be a great addition as we'll be able to see who got the "Order Shipped" email and to sort the orders by that.

3) Updating the order status automatically to "Completed" - After getting the order status from Aliexpress "Delivery successful", it will update the Woo/Alidropship order status.

4) An automated email sent after the order was "Completed" - An option to send an automated email to the customer and an option to choose when (i.e. after 1 day/1 week/ 2 weeks).

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Fantastic! Well done! Much better than the original idea. Number 3 has already been suggested a few times in this forum, I've just remembered but it's great to remind us all again. I'll give you the links later.
See how beneficial input from others can be? Especially with number 4. :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

3) Updating the order status automatically to "Completed" - After getting the order status from
Aliexpress "Delivery successful", it will update the Woo/Alidropship order status.

Here is where this has been discussed already if you're interested... and maybe you'd like to add to the discussion.
'
https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/suggestion-add-a-special-status-placed-on-aliexpress.5830/
https://forum.alidropship.com/threa...erce-order-status-completion.5698/#post-33542

There's others if you go through the search results pages ... those are just the latest ones.

Last edited:

Enov

Hi,

I don't know what is issue exactly, but after recent plugin update, somehow AliEpress > Updates took too much time, and sometimes it stops and I have to reload page and click on continue. in logs it says :
"/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php' (request: "POST ") executing too slow (2.534116 sec)"...

Direct Webstore

Hi,

I don't know what is issue exactly, but after recent plugin update, somehow AliEpress > Updates took too much time, and sometimes it stops and I have to reload page and click on continue. in logs it says :
"/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php' (request: "POST ") executing too slow (2.534116 sec)"...

You could disable "Heartbeat" if you are the only one administering your site. It uses up a lot of admin-ajax resources and slows down your site. It's for helping to sync things between different admins on your site. If you are the only admin, you don't need it. I have it disabled on all my sites ... just for speed improvement. But it should help with your problem as well.

Just add this to your theme's functions.php file ... right at the top, just after the <?php

add_action( 'init', 'stop_heartbeat', 1 );
function stop_heartbeat() {
wp_deregister_script('heartbeat');
}

If you don't have a child theme .... keep a copy of the functions.php and re-upload it whenever your theme updates.

If that does not solve the plugin updating problem ... contact your hosting company.

Last edited:

Enov

that surely help, I already did it
I disabled also default wp cron "define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);" and I moved it to server cron each 15min interval, this trick reduced a lot of cpu usage!

but the issue with product update, same hosting, before was working good, after recent update, slow and it broke!

Enov

no still issue, somehow when script call product, it call lot of data of it (images...) and when admin ajax doesn't return anything or broken, the script stop, normally it should retry again after x seconds.

Direct Webstore

no still issue, somehow when script call product, it call lot of data of it (images...) and when admin ajax doesn't return anything or broken, the script stop, normally it should retry again after x seconds.

Better contact Alidropship support.

In the meantime ... you could try deleting the plugin ... then manually uploading the new one via FTP, then activating. But it may not help. :(
Unless you have already tried that. :)