AliDropship WOO - Tracking Suggestion

ThBrd

I changed my tracking service to cainiao but If i am in the tracking tab and click on the tracking link, it is still opening in 17track. But the tracking link in the email is Cainiao. This must be a easy fix for the devs ;)

Also a tracking page for Woocommerce would be nice [adstrack]

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Just make a page and either put an iFrame in it containing the Cainiao tracking page...

... or, go to Cainiao and see if they have any tracking code snippets you can use in a page.

I used to use an iFrame in a page with the Aftership page. I don't use it anymore.

For example ..

<h5 style="text-align: center;">Note: It can take several days for tracking to be available.</h5>
<center><iframe src="https://track.aftership.com/" width="100%" height="1950" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></center>

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

But for the plugin it is still a suggestion
I'm starting to lose count of all the individual people who want this and that put into the Woo plugin. If all the requests were done ... Woo would be a fat bloated dinosaur barely able to drag it's fat bloated carcass along the internet! LOL.

I prefer it to remain as light as possible and let people use add-ons/plugins and customisation to add what they need, rather than it being stuffed with stuff I don't need. It is after all a "modular" system .. not an "all in one" system.

The Original plugin is an "all in one" system, but some want to be able to add this and that plugin to it.
The Woo plugin is part of a modular system, but some want it stuffed with everything.

You just can't please everyone ... LOL :)

ThBrd

I'm starting to lose count of all the individual people who want this and that put into the Woo plugin. If all the requests were done ... Woo would be a fat bloated dinosaur barely able to drag it's fat bloated carcass along the internet! LOL.

I prefer it to remain as light as possible and let people use add-ons/plugins and customisation to add what they need, rather than it being stuffed with stuff I don't need. It is after all a "modular" system .. not an "all in one" system.

The Original plugin is an "all in one" system, but some want to be able to add this and that plugin to it.
The Woo plugin is part of a modular system, but some want it stuffed with everything.

You just can't please everyone ... LOL :)

I think you get me wrong. I also want the plugin to be light and stable. But if you select in the alidropship settings a specific"Track Service" than you think that this setting is site wide. Not only for the track link in the e-mail to the customer right?

Direct Webstore

I think you get me wrong. I also want the plugin to be light and stable. But if you select in the alidropship settings a specific"Track Service" than you think that this setting is site wide. Not only for the track link in the e-mail to the customer right?
Oh that. OK. Thought you were talking about the tracking page ... which can be added by the site owner ... if they want one. I don't use mine anymore as there is a link in the email for them.

Last edited:

mduncanvm

I changed my tracking service to cainiao but If i am in the tracking tab and click on the tracking link, it is still opening in 17track. But the tracking link in the email is Cainiao. This must be a easy fix for the devs ;)

Unfortunately they dont want to fix this.. I also complained that its incosistent.

ThBrd

There is nothing to fix here, Aftership and Cainiao do not provide such integration option like 17Track.

What do you mean with "do not provide such integration option like 17Track"? What is the difference between the 17track tracking url and Cainiao?
When I click now on the link on the tracking page I get no information from 17track. When I use this URL
Code:
https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?mailNoList=tracking code here
I get all the information I need for my customers.

17track and Cainiao work the same only I get my information on Cainiao and not on 17track. That's why I want to use Cainiao.

Direct Webstore

What do you mean with "do not provide such integration option like 17Track"?
Seems clear enough to me.
What is the difference between the 17track tracking url and Cainiao?
Two different companies. Two different ways of doing things.
When I click now on the link on the tracking page I get no information from 17track. When I use this URL
Select 17track in your settings.
17track and Cainiao work the same
Obviously they don't.

You need to be adaptable.

:)

ThBrd

I created my own Cainiao tracking script. For tracking for my customers? 17Track is not working for me.

This is my script:

Code:
<!-- action="https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?mailNoList=" method="GET" target="_blank"> -->

<?php

function Redirect($mailNoList)
{
    header('Location: https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?mailNoList=' . $mailNoList);
    exit();
}

$search_value = $_POST['name'];

if (isset($search_value) && !empty($search_value)) {
  Redirect($search_value);
}
  ?>

<form action="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]);?>" method="post">
  <input type="text" name="name" />
  <input type="submit" value="Search" />
</form>

Direct Webstore

I got rid of my tracking page. It's redundant. I'd rather have the tracking link in the email. And when I use 17track in a page ... it has that damn Adsense ad ... even when using an iFrame or their code snippets in a Woo page.

Direct Webstore

I want to give my customers the option
That's how I thought at first ... but decided it took up unnecessary space in my menu. And I don't want to use 17track codes in a site page because of the contextual Adsense ads it contains. It may show some of my products in an Aliexpress ad. Not to mention, ads look tacky.
If customers go directly to 17track from the email link ... I don't have that problem.

:)

Direct Webstore

Just a thought ... you could use both. 17track in Settings and email ... and Cainaio in your tracking page. The tracking number is the same.

But if I did that ... I'd use Aftership. A Google search of "Cainiao" by a customer shows it belongs to Alibaba/Aliexpress.

Last edited:

ThBrd

Just a thought ... you could use both. 17track in Settings and email ... and Cainaio in your tracking page. The tracking number is the same.

But if I did that ... I'd use Aftership. A Google search of "Cainiao" by a customer shows it belongs to Alibaba/Aliexpress.

Unfortunately 17track or aftership is no option for me. With Aftership the customer has to select the carrier. When they select the obvious carrier for the Netherlands the tracking is not showing. 17track is also no option. Only Cainiao is showing the package and destination and where it is at the moment. Yes you see China on the left side, but my customers do not care because they know it is worth the wait for the package because of the price. ;)

And it sells when you say on your site "Free shipping with tracking" ;) In the Netherlands every webshop has tracking.