AliDropship Woo plugin ver. 1.6.5.2 - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeptaxisalive

Try adding this line in your functions.php (of the theme)

require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/screen.php');

Unfortunately this did not fix my broken site. I have Newspaper theme v 10.3.2 by tagDiv. Like everyone else on here who is having problem with this new update of Alidropship Woo plugin v 1.6.5.2, My store section immediately broke after installing and activating this new update. It also broke all pages and posts that were built using Elementor Pro. But when I deactivate this plugin then the store and everything else goes back to normal. I do not understand for the life of me why the member "DWS" is blaming the issue with this new update of the plugin on our themes when we didn't have this issue with the previous updates of the plugin! I also do not understand why he or she is pushing the idea of switching our themes to the Flatsome theme.
This is very urgent problem especially for someone like me because I have invested so much time and money importing 100s of products to my store from Aliexpress and I can't sell anything if the bug with updated version of Alidropship Woo isn't fixed immediately.
So PLEASE PLEASE fix this update or you will lose tones of your customers if not all because I am not going to switch to Flatsome theme, it's just not gonna happen.
I hope you understand and appreciate my frustration...Thanks!

Mar

I do not understand for the life of me why the member "DWS" is blaming the issue with this new update of the plugin on our themes when we didn't have this issue with the previous updates of the plugin! I also do not understand why he or she is pushing the idea of switching our themes to the Flatsome theme.
I have reviewed all posts in this thread, not sure if there is another similar thread, but I did not see anything that push you to switch to Flatsome theme.
So PLEASE PLEASE fix this update or you will lose tones of your customers if not all because I am not going to switch to Flatsome theme, it's just not gonna happen.
The choice of theme is yours, and again nobody is forcing you to switch to Flatsome. But as I mentioned earlier in this thread, there are thousands of users, Maybe not all have updated, but I am sure there are many which should be affected. The fact that the issue is in a few, mean there is something in this sites and it is not the plugin.

Direct Webstore

deactivate all plugins except AliWoo one by one to test for conflicts.
All Elementor built pages are broken
using Elementor

Amazing you guys have not realised that Elementor is the problem here. It's had a checkered past with the Alidropship plugins going way back.

so the issue is definitely with the ADSW plugin
It's not. The issue is with Elementor.

The Alidropship plugin is under no compulsion to make itself compatible with every other 3rd party plugin out there. I suggest you guys either ...

1. Write to support@alidropship. You may get lucky and they may make changes to accommodate a few Elementor users
2. Write to Elementor support.
3. Stop using that long time troublesome Elementor plugin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

Direct Webstore

I do not understand for the life of me why the member "DWS" is blaming the issue with this new update of the plugin on our themes when we didn't have this issue with the previous updates of the plugin! I also do not understand why he or she is pushing the idea of switching our themes to the Flatsome theme.
You probably do not "understand" because your reading comprehension is of a very low level. Nowhere did I say people should switch to Flatsome and as for the theme being the problem, I only suggested that as one "possible" cause. And going by the "theme's functions.php fix" it's likely that the theme IS a "part" of the problem. It's a part of what's called "troubleshooting". Ticking off all possibilities. A thing totally incomprehensible to some people who demand answers handed over on silver plates.

But anyway, since that, it's become obvious that Elementor (in conjunction with your theme, as proved by the "functions.php fix") is the problem.

he or she
1587522199286.png
Hmmm ... looks male to me.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

The fact that the issue is in a few, mean there is something in this sites and it is not the plugin.
Right. It's Elementor (possibly in conjunction with the theme) that's causing the problem. Nobody could be bothered to test for conflicting plugins and/or themes before and now I'm guessing they'll also be too lazy to ,..

1. Write to support@alidropship. You may get lucky and they may make changes to accommodate a few Elementor users

Last edited:

Mar

You probably do not "understand" because your reading comprehension is of a very low level.
It is worse than low reading comprehension. I also did not see anything in the posts of this thread that would confuse into switching to Flatsome. It is exaggeration to the max.

vkhetrapal

Amazing you guys have not realised that Elementor is the problem here. It's had a checkered past with the Alidropship plugins going way back.

The Alidropship plugin is under no compulsion to make itself compatible with every other 3rd party plugin out there. I suggest you guys either ...

Sorry, but I don't think blaming another plugin is the solution here. It is not an Elementor problem, nor is it a theme problem. There is clearly a compatibility issue between Elementor and Alidropship as many other users in this thread have pointed out. Judging by the fact that the issue didn't exist prior to the new 1.6.5.2 update, I would say there were some change made in the latest build which have upset the compatibility.

The only way to find a concrete solution (even if we were to approach Elementor support for help) is to establish first what was changed in the latest build that is causing this. As Elementor is widely used by the WP community (4M+ active installations) I would say it's probably in ADSW's best interest to atleast find out what is causing the issue - such that their paying customers who are impacted can go about finding a long term solution which doesn't involve disabling code in their theme's functions.php.

/EDIT
Looks like the compatibility issue has been resolved in 1.6.5.3. Thanks for the quick turn around ADSW.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

but I don't think blaming another plugin is the solution here
Where did I say it was a "solution"? All I've been doing is trying to cross possible causes off the troubleshooting list.

nor is it a theme problem
The theme was involved but was not "causing" the problem. Like many problems, there can be multiple factors involved. (The theme's functions.php file fix is proof). Elementor is heavily connected with the theme. You could just about call it a "theme addon".

There is clearly a compatibility issue between Elementor and Alidropship
No kidding.

BUT ...

Looks like the compatibility issue has been resolved in 1.6.5.3. Thanks for the quick turn around ADSW.

You got lucky! Now go and buy a lottery ticket. lol

Last edited:

iDan

the problem is not with Elementor. 4milion websites use this. the problem is with alidropship who keep pushing updates without checking them and making sure they are compatibile with their customers websites.

elementor has 4 million websites and a great team and support service. alidropship doesnt, and each update of alidropship is almost breaking sites every single time.

the problem is definitly not elementor, no matter if the conflict is indeed between these two plugins or not.

stop using elementor because alidropship cant push updates correctly? i hope you are kidding. much easier to stop using alidropship, great alternatives out there and so far with every single update they prove they dont care that stores are counting on them.

i didnt update ads, and i dont know if this update will break my site or not. one thing is for sure: alidropship is the only plugin that i never update immediately, but waiting for feedback of people here and making 2 backups before, just in case.

no other plugin makes me this scared before updating, and this is def not the first time.

if you go this route of saying 'stop using elementor' just because ads cant push updates correctly and test them effectivly before breaking their clients sites, im willing to bet it's just a matter of time until ads goes out of bussiness completly.

Last edited:

iDan

and telling us to stop using Elementor (which is bigger than ADS)
while there are plenty of other alternatives to ADS but not to Elementor, including supported alternatives by Aliexpress themselves,
that just stupid.

1587638201070.png

Elementor is much bigger than ads with almost zero alternatives, ads should keep it in mind for their own buissiness sake.

telling clients to stop using Elementor (which is by far more trusted by wp community than ADS) will just result in this backfires on ads where clients will simply stop use alidropship.

and to be honest, hearing all this "stop using elementor then" nonsense, makes me doubt your authencity and wonder how much people do know about running any kind of business. no offence, its simple logic.

iDan

So you want them to check compatibility with every 3rd party plugin in existance with every update. Sounds totally reasonable to me.

Definitely.
no, not every. only the big main ones that people are using, like woocommerce for example. sounds right?

so you want people to leave Elementor for alidropship, a buggy plugin that never delivererd a single update without breaking anything.
yea, logic. you know, now i doubt you are even a real client of ads.

my first post ever, in this forum, got locked by Mar claiming im wrong saying it was ads fault even though i gave any single prove it was ads fault, including the lines of CODE themselves. and she just locked it, claimed im talking nonsense and that was it. even though it was just a simple setting to turn off on ads dashboard which i figured out on my own but could save me lots of frustration if she just tried, but she didnt even bother to help or take a look but just claimed im the wrong.

so yea, i have a feeling you and Mar are just defending ads for whatever reason and you are not honest as you know you can to be.

you definitly lost credibility in my eyes mate, and that is unfortunate.

alidropship wont last long if this is how you guys deliver service: blaming every other plugin or theme, while they themselves are not so big or professional at all, not having even the ability to deliver one single update at a time without bugs.
but blaming much bigger, better, plugins and companies, that must be it.

mark my word for it. and no, i do not want ads to dissapear, i love it despite its bugs - thats why i want them to improve themselves and deliver the least they need - not breaking-sites updates. because stores and buisnessess are counting on them. otherwise i wouldnt bother writing at all.

Mar

the problem is not with Elementor. 4milion websites use this. the problem is with alidropship who keep pushing updates without checking them and making sure they are compatibile with their customers websites.

elementor has 4 million websites and a great team and support service. alidropship doesnt, and each update of alidropship is almost breaking sites every single time.

the problem is definitly not elementor, no matter if the conflict is indeed between these two plugins or not.
Elementor, no matter how big it is as you said, is just another third party plugin. While alidropship woo version is designed for woocommerce and the plugin cannot live with out it. Elementor is not, otherwise that compatibility issue is not likely to happen. I for one and I am sure there are many not using Elementor and we have no problem. The developer of the plugin is kind enough to issue another update that accommodate Elementor, yet here you are with your criticism.
so yea, i have a feeling you and Mar are just defending ads for whatever reason.
I am not a staunch defender of alidropship. If you go over my posts in the forum you will see I criticize them a lot. But when I think it is right to defend them, I do. And with your statements against alidropship in this Elementor issue, Although it is not the third party plugin's fault, I definitely would say it is not also alidropship's mistake, no matter what you say.
you are not honest as you know you can to be.
Can you give me one instance that I was dishonest? Before you do, you must understand what we call dishonest. Dishonesty is when a person tell something even with the knowledge that it is not true. A person who tell something with the belief that it is true is not dishonest. So please tell me when I was dishonest.
I can't remember I locked anybody's post. Can you give me a link to that post?
I am still waiting for this link, if you cannot produce, I will be talking too much about your credibility in my next post.

Mar

Can you give me one instance that I was dishonest? Before you do, you must understand what we call dishonest. Dishonesty is when a person tell something even with the knowledge that it is not true. A person who tell something with the belief that it is true is not dishonest. So please tell me when I was dishonest.
I am waiting for an answer. Give one instance that I was dishonest. If you cannot give, then it is you who is dishonest by inventing stories.

Direct Webstore

so you want people to leave Elementor for alidropship
Huh? What a strange statement. It's like saying leave a "screwdriver for a hammer". Two totally different plugins/tools with two totally different functions. I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down. You're not making any sense.

i have a feeling you and Mar are just defending ads for whatever reason and you are not honest
Yes. I am defending it. Someone demanding that it check all 3rd party plugins for 100% compatibility before releasing updates is totally unworkable, unreasonable and quite ridiculous. Simple as that. And your statement that "only the big main ones that people are using" need to be checked, well let's get real here, what you really want is for the plugins YOU use get checked. And who is to say what "the main ones" are? We all have different setups and different preferences when it comes to plugins. You're incredibly self centered.

alidropship wont last long if this is how you guys deliver service
"You guys"? I don't work for ADS. This is a Member's Forum and I am a member. I'm under no compulsion to deliver any "service" to you at all. And as for @Mar, she's not on the ADS payroll either, she's an unpaid volunteer forum moderator. What on Earth are you on about?

it is you who is dishonest by inventing stories.
Like this one ...
alidropship, a buggy plugin that never delivererd a single update without breaking anything

1587693952243.png

i doubt you are even a real client of ads.
you definitely (sic) lost credibility in my eyes mate, and that is unfortunate.

An overly dramatic and paranoid fuss bucket doesn't think I am what I am. How will I ever sleep again?

I am still waiting for this link.
1587697403240.png

Last edited:

Mar

my first post ever, in this forum, got locked by Mar claiming im wrong
so yea, i have a feeling you and Mar are just defending ads for whatever reason and you are not honest as you know you can to be.
you definitly lost credibility in my eyes mate, and that is unfortunate.
After your long exaggerated post that include inventing of stories and branding us as dishonest, this time you cannot say even a word. You are the member who can not back up his statements. Post that express opinions which is alright is one thing, inventing stories and saying we are dishonest is another, and it need proofs. Apparently, you only have blah, blah, blah, nothing else. If we lost credibility in your eyes, you lost credibility in our eyes many times over. This is an embarrassing lesson for you. If you make stories and brand people, make sure you can back it up, otherwise you will be silent and pretend you see nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.