AliDropship Woo 0.8.12.1 UPDATE

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
@Yaros @Victoria Kudryashova

I tried to use my 3rd party currency switcher plugin that was working great with all last versions of Aliwoo.

I followed carefully what you said about deactivating the Alidropship currency switcher widget from the sidebar and let main currency in Aliwoo settings tab.

I just can't use my 3rd party plugin anymore, it creates a conflicting problem messing up all my site.

Here's the error message:

Illegal string offset 'wcj_price_by_country_group_id_data' in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/booster-plus-for-woocommerce/includes/price-by-country/class-wcj-price-by-country-core.phpon line 332

Please, Is it possible to use 3rd party plugin or explain me the correct way to do this. You can only remove the widget from the sidebar, not deleting it.

I have read carefully the process explain earlier it doesn't seem to work.

Please resolve this issue ASAP or at least let us the choice to use it or not, I have built my site with this 3rd party plugin from the start.
Also, my custom theme layout doesn't use widget sidebar on a product page as I configured it.

Please find a way to really put your currency switcher OFF and make it optional.

Please Yaros, be comprehensive if I leave again a message again here, I made 2 days of extensive test going back and forth.

And this without explaining all the problems I had this last 48h I really wanted to promote my site next week live.

Please be very careful with such updates.

May I give you strength and faith to make an awesome new update;). At this stage, it is almost if my whole business depends on it. Really.
Hello, please PM me link to the product with wrong price, your domain name and WP login credentials to check out your issue.

Arnaldo

Hum.. You know I'm always reluctant to show my site. I have sent the plugins legit copies to support, Is it possible to test on your environment, please?

You'll find either:

Algorythmika Curreny Switcher

And

Booster (same dev) with the currency settings that works well before Aliwo update, so you can reproduce it.

I have deactivated all plugins except Woo + Ali + Currency Switcher, did a health check, the usual process.

The issue is global on all products Victoria. Currency switcher only works when Aliwoo is deactivated.

And if really you don't find the issue then I will forward my site admin.

Thank you.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hum.. You know I'm always reluctant to show my site. I have sent the plugins legit copies to support, Is it possible to test on your environment, please?

You'll find either:

Algorythmika Curreny Switcher

And

Booster (same dev) with the currency settings that works well before Aliwo update, so you can reproduce it.

I have deactivated all plugins except Woo + Ali + Currency Switcher, did a health check, the usual process.

The issue is global on all products Victoria. Currency switcher only works when Aliwoo is deactivated.

And if really you don't find the issue then I will forward my site admin.

Thank you.
Hello again, we've found a solution, so we will release an update with that fix today or tomorrow.

Arnaldo

Whoa! That is fast ;-)

A big thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Will try tonight and let you know ASAP.

Cheers!

Arnaldo

You can do this very easily with :

Algorythlika currency switcher

Or

Woocommerce booster.

It both has the option to add GeoIp localization switching automatically currency depending on customer's IP.

Note that if you use a cache plugin you will have to add "geolocalization with cache" in woocommerce general settings.

It will then append a suffix on all your site url like mysite.com/v=xxxxxx? Wich is normal and has no SEO impact. It is a unique assigned url defined by woocommerce to identify a customer's IP.

In Algorythmika Currency switcher you can also combine manual and automatic currency switching i.g for people leaving in big city near a country borders.

But since I don't target people living in El Paso near the Mexican Border I don't use that last one he he...

Arnaldo

Woocommerce booster is the one I use it has tons of awesome features like hide product count, change checkout payment icons, bulk price, wholesale, discounts etc etc... great plugin 100% compatible with woo and aliwoo.

Direct Webstore

... and thanks ... it looks good!

I changed my mind .. just saw this .. "To add more than two additional currencies, you will need Currency Switcher for WooCommerce Pro plugin." Multiply that by 6 sites and ... no thanks. :)

... and Woocommerce booster has way too much bloat I don't need and also only allows two currencies in the free version.

Back to the Alidropship Switcher ... Simple, clean, lightweight and does the job.:)

Last edited:

Luxurious

You mean automatically changing the currency based on the customers's location? I think I saw a Woo plugin for that ... somewhere. I'm still changing over 6 sites from Original to Woo ... haven't got to that yet. LOL
i know that this option available for another plugins, but suggest to add for aliwoo

Direct Webstore

i know that this option available for another plugins, but suggest to add for aliwoo

I know what you meant ... but like someone else said here ... better to leave all the extra stuff to third party plugins for the Woo version. That's the beauty of using Woo ... you can pick and choose what addons you want. If they start adding lots of bloat to it ... it negates that.
They can add it to the Original instead.

EDIT: I know I said above I'm going to use the built in Currency Switcher in the Woo version ... but it's already there ... so why not? LOL :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

- Built - in currency switcher.

The only problem is that the widget is too small and centered ... while my other widgets have bigger text and left aligned ... like in a lot of themes.

Here's some CSS to play around with and adjust for your own theme if anyone can use it. Just increases the font size and aligns it to the left and gets rid of the borders for a cleaner look.

.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector .widget-title, .widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector .widgettitle {
text-align: left;
font-size: 2em;
}

.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector a.currency-item {
font-size: 1.5rem;
}

.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector {
border: none;
padding-left: 0rem!important;
padding-right: 0em!important;
max-width: 100%;
}

.widget.widget-adsw-currency-selector .currency-carret {
font-weight: 900;
}

Original...

switcher_003.jpg

End Result ..

switcher.jpg

Expanded ...

switcher_002.jpg

Last edited:

Dylan-

Hello, can anyone tell me what version 0.8.12.1 includes?
And when is there going to be a big update for the woo version as already done with the normal alidropship plugin?

Direct Webstore

Hello, can anyone tell me what version 0.8.12.1 includes?

It was just a bug fix for "Currency Switcher For Woocommerce" by "Algoritmika", as discussed on the previous page.

And when is there going to be a big update for the woo version as already done with the normal alidropship plugin?

Again on the previous page ...
We are preparing a big release of AliDropship Woo plugin with new features and its BETA version will be available soon.