alidropship return address for defective items

jayan

Hello alidropship support,

In order for alidropship business to manage returns, we need to have a return address. what is your recommendation on this? what return address should we tell buyers in cases of damaged or incorrectly shipped items. is it our home address? please advise.

thanks.

jubran

You can either give them your home address so you can actually get the item to you which I don't recommend or you can tell them to return to the address the shipment was sent from. In this case, if it's faulty, you can have a refund from Aliexpress.

jayan

thanks Jubran! for those cases when they need to return the item, what should i do/track first? give the buyer a refund? or wait for the buyer to send a proof that the item was shipped back?

does aliexpress provide immediate refund for those defective items that needs to be shipped back?

jubran

Let the buyer sent proof of shipment but make sure you specify that in your returns policy. Else, the buyer can win the case.

Direct Webstore

Or set up a free address at Viabox.com if you're targeting the U.S ... but 99.9% of the time there is no need for customers to return anything.

Sockis

Hi! I watched a youtube video and the vlogger recommended to let the customer keep the faulty item and you would send a new product to them without them having to return the faulty one. I didn't even think of this but in customer's point of view I would be very lucky if I didn't have take any action after receiving a damaged item! :)

jayan

thank you guys for your comments. I do agree with Jubran for the buyer to send me a proof of shipment. In my opinion, Aliexpress immediate replacement of new products/refund upon escalation is only applicable for less expensive items, but for situations wherein the buyer order item/s worth a thousand bucks like CCTV and were found by them to be defective, Aliexpress seller must check it first before refund or replacement. What are your thoughts on this?

Direct Webstore

but for situations wherein the buyer order item/s worth a thousand bucks like CCTV

No one in their right mind would try dropshipping items like that (expensive electronics) or any items priced that much either from a place like Aliexpress.
$50 and under is the best policy, and the least headaches ... but that's just my opinion. :)

frdmcllcv

Hi! I watched a youtube video and the vlogger recommended to let the customer keep the faulty item and you would send a new product to them without them having to return the faulty one. I didn't even think of this but in customer's point of view I would be very lucky if I didn't have take any action after receiving a damaged item! :)

Who was the youtube? I need to find more resources to learn from