Add to Cart and Purchase Pixels are not working

Hi Admins,

I already added facebook pixel ID into the Customization >> Facebook Pixel Code field but add to cart and purchase pixels are not firing. I also checked my site with Facebook Pixel Helper plugin. Can you please quickly help on this issue? Some big ad campaigns are in the queue but couldn't start because of this.

Thanks,
Rahul.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Admins,

I already added facebook pixel ID into the Customization >> Facebook Pixel Code field but add to cart and purchase pixels are not firing. I also checked my site with Facebook Pixel Helper plugin. Can you please quickly help on this issue? Some big ad campaigns are in the queue but couldn't start because of this.

Thanks,
Rahul.
Hello, Rahul, as far as I could see - you may track these events.
8e6336298baf.png

dbec72fafce5.png

if you have other questions , please follow this link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/using-the-pixel

Hi Victoria, I can see add to cart pixel in my site but purchase pixel is not available on thankyou page. I can add this pixel through plugin but problem is thankyou url is not a page or post . . Can you please suggest a solution on this? Adding purchase pixel is really important for me.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria, I can see add to cart pixel in my site but purchase pixel is not available on thankyou page. I can add this pixel through plugin but problem is thankyou url is not a page or post . . Can you please suggest a solution on this? Adding purchase pixel is really important for me.
You may add the script from this page https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/using-the-pixel in customization area:
upload_2017-5-23_14-1-25.png
Then your pixel will work with all events.

Thanks for this quick help Victoria, my problem is I want to add that script of purchase pixel on domainname.com/thankyou/?fail=no page which confirms the purchase of the product. Now the issue is, that URL is not a page as well as not a post. It is just URL in site. So how can I upload this purchase code on that URL?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Thanks for this quick help Victoria, my problem is I want to add that script of purchase pixel on domainname.com/thankyou/?fail=no page which confirms the purchase of the product. Now the issue is, that URL is not a page as well as not a post. It is just URL in site. So how can I upload this purchase code on that URL?
If you put Facebook Pixel ID in a site script - you'll be able to track all actions including purchase. Just follow instructions above.

Ok so I need to add script in head section as per above instructions. So the pixel ID I added in Customization option, I need to remove that . . right? Otherwise it will create duplicate code in head section?

Ferdi

Dear Victoria,
Regarding your above information, do you mean that the Facebook Pixel code we add in Customization has got no purchase tracking? If so, I think you would better change/update the respective article on Knowledge Base.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I have 5 purchases but facebook only tracks 2 of them. Still something wrong with Da Vinci theme.
Hello, this is not a DaVinci theme . This is a tool of Facebook - not DaVinci's. If you want more events to be tracked you may do like this: You may add the script from this page https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/using-the-pixel in customization area -> Head - like it is described above. If you need more details about Facebook pixel and how it works you may contact Facebook support.

Real Residual

Guys just add your Facebook Pixel ID in Customization > General and it will start tracking properly.
I have tested on View Content, Add-To-Cart, Purchase, Pageview, and Leads. All are working fine without doing anything else.
There is a delay in FB pixel activity reporting, but use pixel helper chrome extension and you can check that all is well and tracking.

Real Residual

Hi there, did you manage to fix this issue? I have exactly the same problem.

Facebook pixel doesn't track 100%. There is always a discrepancy. I have never seen a 1:1 ratio on any ad accounts that I worked with at the start. However, with time, pixel tends to work better. I don't know why that is except perhaps facebook decides to assign more priority in updating its ad managers for you. Either way after about a week of actively running ads, pixel will start to update much better, but still missing a purchase here and there, like I would get 60 purchases on facebook but in Aliwoo I would have 61 or 62. In some rare days things would match up, but mostly it's on par about 95%.

thepinkmelon

Facebook pixel doesn't track 100%. There is always a discrepancy. I have never seen a 1:1 ratio on any ad accounts that I worked with at the start. However, with time, pixel tends to work better. I don't know why that is except perhaps facebook decides to assign more priority in updating its ad managers for you. Either way after about a week of actively running ads, pixel will start to update much better, but still missing a purchase here and there, like I would get 60 purchases on facebook but in Aliwoo I would have 61 or 62. In some rare days things would match up, but mostly it's on par about 95%.
Thanks for your reply. Could it be that perhaps the sales came from organic traffic from people that shared the post?

Real Residual

That could be it, but if you goto Business Manager-> Event Manager -> Select Your Pixel -> Go to Activities -> Select Purchase Pixel
You should see the last 10 purchase pixel events. Hover your mouse over and you can check if your orders are there. Of course, if you are starting out, it may take 30 minutes to update, sometimes even up to the next day. But after you've "seasoned" your pixel, it should update in minutes.