500 products and above.

Mar

I enabled it via cPanel, installed the plugin ... but

View attachment 10427

"Not connected". I will contact support to see what's going on.
Redis cannot be connected by simply activating it in cPanel. InterServer support will configure it. After configuration, you will activate Object Cache in cache plugin setting. W3 Total Cache and LiteSpeed Cache support redis, am not sure about the rest. You do not need to install Redis plugin.

1570983983188.png

Mar

Before you activate Redis, you will need to have access to cPanel Terminal which i doubt is available for shared hosting. But if you succeed in running Redis Object Cache, Please let me know how you did it.
cPanel is available on shared hosting. You cannot connect redis by activating it in cPanel. Your host provider support will configure it. After configuration, you will activate object cache in your cache plugin. W3 Total Cache and LiteSpeed Cache support redis, I am not sure about other cache plugin.

Mar

Okay then i will test the server for one month but please how do i handle the object caching? cause they told me they do not have any form of caching.
I am not sure what host provider and plan you are using. The InterServer Standard Web Hosting has cPanel, opcache, apcu, memcache are PHP extensions for caching.

Direct Webstore

Redis cannot be connected by simply activating it in cPanel. InterServer support will configure it.
Yes. I figured that last night ...
But I don't think its available for shared users. If not, support can do it.
I was getting pretty tired. lol ;)

W3 Total Cache and LiteSpeed Cache support redis
Probably WP-Rocket that I use too.

You do not need to install Redis plugin.
Depends on WP-Rocket. I need to check today.

That is why i actually went for Site Ground because they have object caching for shared hosting.
Not really worth using Siteground just for that when you can get support to enable it on other hosts ... in my opinion.

I will be contacting Interserver support today to get them to take care of it and let you know how it went.

;)

Direct Webstore

I am not sure what host provider and plan you are using. The InterServer Standard Web Hosting has cPanel, opcache, apcu, memcache are PHP extensions for caching.
Yes it has, but he particularly wants"Object Caching" which isn't enabled. I don't know why he said they have "no caching at all" though. Strange.

But like I said above, I'm going to get them to enable things for Object Caching today. I never really thought about it before, so I'm glad Icetechy brought it up.

Direct Webstore

But like I said above, I'm going to get them to enable things for Object Caching today. I never really thought about it before, so I'm glad Icetechy brought it up.
So after an entire day messing around, support finally sent me this message ...

Please note that redis object cache needs to be installed server-wide. It is not possible to customize server settings for a single user in a shared hosting environment. You can migrate to a VPS wherein you get root access and you can install any object cache of your choice like memcached or redis or similar. Please note that this request cannot be done on a shared hosting setup.

But like I said before, I have no problems and fast loading sites without it.

;)

Mar

So after an entire day messing around, support finally sent me this message ...

But like I said before, I have no problems and fast loading sites without it.

;)
I have been using redis for a few weeks. Honestly, I don't see any improvement anywhere. But the reply you got is weird. When they introduced redis to me, just like you I installed the plugin but it was not working. So I told them this redis is a waste of time, plugins like this should be thrown out the window. They responded and actually offered to configure it for me. I sent them the admin access, which they said they need. Initially, they were able to configure on one site only, they cannot access the other due to an error of the access information. But they did it in the two eventually. So they have different responses to users.

icetechy

Object caching is very important for database. However i have already purchases the hosting service you guys recommended so i will see the performance. But i think the errors i have been having is also from the database as its been generating errors for database duplicate and slow queries. I have already opened another thread for that.

Direct Webstore

Object caching is very important for database.
Yes. Nice to have, but like I said, my sites are loading fast enough (2-4 secs ... using WP-Rocket Cache) ... also, @Mar said she had it but could not see any difference.
I have been using redis for a few weeks. Honestly, I don't see any improvement anywhere.

So I'm not going to worry about it and move on to other things.

However i have already purchases the hosting service you guys recommended
Make sure you tick/enable acpu and opcache in PHP references in the cPanel.

Also contact support for the email host URL to use with the WP-SMPT plugin. Use your own email address like support@yoursite.com for the username and your own password as normal when you create the email/s account/s in cPanel.

Email Server Info : https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/guaranteed-email-delivery/

Good Luck

:)

Last edited:

icetechy

This looks more like inconsistent DB causing this, (you have a duplicate primary key, which is a worst possible error in db) and this looks like that causing you cpu to peak up as DB is looping through this error.

How do you plan you migration ? will you reimport current db ? or start from scratch on new WP install?
Hi please i opened a new thread on the database error issue https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/duplicate-entry-slow-query-php-error.14964/ i would like you to guide me on how to solve this serious problems as i have on all pages slow queries and duplicate queries as much as 126 (according to Query monitor)