500 products and above.

icetechy

Both Mar and I use the "Standard Web Hosting" for $5 per month. At least thats what its called in my account page. But the performance and facilities are better than my $8 per month with Hostgator Business Cloud.
Oh i thought it was "VPS SPECIAL" as this one seem of higher performance. I spoke to the customer care agent on the platform and they recommended i go for Cloud VPS 2 Core CPU.

icetechy

There is couple of things that help you with it i like the default billing manager it looks like this :

View attachment 10416

it gives you predictive forcast based on yur current usage (i this example my site is dropshiping shop with cca 2k unique visitors daily)

And from the detailed spend of the free tier (eg. how are the services utilised) :

View attachment 10417
My most expensive site is about 90$ but its corporate job portal with 3m uniques users so much heavily loaded than this.
Wow this looks good. so you're telling me that with this i my site which currently experiences 522, 532 and 500 errors will stop having this issues? not more CPU usage Max out? and my Vendors and visitors and visit my site in thousands without server issues?

Mar

Hi i see three packaged on the first page which of them are my to choose? or rather which of them do you use? the three packages i see are : ASP.NET, VPS SPECIAL & DEDICATED
It is the $5.00/mo. Standard Web Hosting. Use the coupon code to have the first month free. I have upgraded to a VPS plan out of curiosity, I have it refunded. There is more resources but I did not see improvement in performance. If you really need more resources, they have a special package, everything the same but double the resources. I took it, I don't want to venture into another plan since this is the plan that resolved the high CPU usage issue. The support agent will always recommend the more expensive plans, but it is not necessary. Anyway, you can upgrade anytime, what is important is you have migrated your site. Upgrade will be quick then.

1570812092491.png

1570812219747.png

bacil

Wow this looks good. so you're telling me that with this i my site which currently experiences 522, 532 and 500 errors will stop having this issues? not more CPU usage Max out? and my Vendors and visitors and visit my site in thousands without server issues?

It is likely yes, but I would need to know more about your workload. One of the reasons for high CPU usage and 5xx errors is that DB is running on the same host, and some queries can really hang the system, especially when some background processes kick in.

Just so you know the website I used in the example have currently 789 products published and another 100 ish in either draft or some stage of being published

EDIT: just checked and that ec2 instance is running 96.7% idle

icetechy

It is likely yes, but I would need to know more about your workload. One of the reasons for high CPU usage and 5xx errors is that DB is running on the same host, and some queries can really hang the system, especially when some background processes kick in.

Just so you know the website I used in the example have currently 789 products published and another 100 ish in either draft or some stage of being published

EDIT: just checked and that ec2 instance is running 96.7% idle
Right now i am getting some database error that has triggered over 2000 times the error says :

PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=56912 in /home/customer/www/xxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2007

WordPress database error Query execution was interrupted for query UPDATE `wp_options` SET `option_value` = '1570884374' WHERE `option_name` = 'wcj_check_site_key_cron_time_schedule' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WCJ_Plus_Site_Key_Manager->schedule_the_events, update_option, QM_DB->query

WordPress database error Duplicate entry '67276-9' for key 'PRIMARY' for query INSERT INTO `wp_term_relationships` (`object_id`, `term_taxonomy_id`) VALUES (67276, 9) made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array('parse_request'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, adsw\Api\v1\Update->action, adsw\Api\v1\Actions\Actions->get_params, adsw\Api\v1\Actions\Update->action_update, adsw\Api\v1\Actions\Update->action_update_product, Ali\AliImport->update, Ali\AliImport->doUpdate, Ali\AliImport->updateVariations, wc_update_product_stock, WC_Product->save, WC_Data_Store->update, WC_Product_Variation_Data_Store_CPT->update, WC_Product_Variation_Data_Store_CPT->update_visibility, wp_set_post_terms, wp_set_object_terms, QM_DB->query

icetechy

It is the $5.00/mo. Standard Web Hosting. Use the coupon code to have the first month free. I have upgraded to a VPS plan out of curiosity, I have it refunded. There is more resources but I did not see improvement in performance. If you really need more resources, they have a special package, everything the same but double the resources. I took it, I don't want to venture into another plan since this is the plan that resolved the high CPU usage issue. The support agent will always recommend the more expensive plans, but it is not necessary. Anyway, you can upgrade anytime, what is important is you have migrated your site. Upgrade will be quick then.

View attachment 10419

View attachment 10420
Okay thank you for your canid advice. I want to be rally sure this upgrade will make my server time out such as 522, 532 and 500 errors go away?

bacil

Right now i am getting some database error that has triggered over 2000 times the error says :

PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=56912 in /home/customer/www/xxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2007

WordPress database error Query execution was interrupted for query UPDATE `wp_options` SET `option_value` = '1570884374' WHERE `option_name` = 'wcj_check_site_key_cron_time_schedule' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WCJ_Plus_Site_Key_Manager->schedule_the_events, update_option, QM_DB->query

WordPress database error Duplicate entry '67276-9' for key 'PRIMARY' for query INSERT INTO `wp_term_relationships` (`object_id`, `term_taxonomy_id`) VALUES (67276, 9) made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array('parse_request'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, adsw\Api\v1\Update->action, adsw\Api\v1\Actions\Actions->get_params, adsw\Api\v1\Actions\Update->action_update, adsw\Api\v1\Actions\Update->action_update_product, Ali\AliImport->update, Ali\AliImport->doUpdate, Ali\AliImport->updateVariations, wc_update_product_stock, WC_Product->save, WC_Data_Store->update, WC_Product_Variation_Data_Store_CPT->update, WC_Product_Variation_Data_Store_CPT->update_visibility, wp_set_post_terms, wp_set_object_terms, QM_DB->query

This looks more like inconsistent DB causing this, (you have a duplicate primary key, which is a worst possible error in db) and this looks like that causing you cpu to peak up as DB is looping through this error.

How do you plan you migration ? will you reimport current db ? or start from scratch on new WP install?

Direct Webstore

I spoke to the customer care agent on the platform and they recommended i go for Cloud VPS 2 Core CPU.
The support agent will always recommend the more expensive plans, but it is not necessary.
I'm running 4 sites on the standard plan with no problems ... yet. If I ever do, I'll upgrade then. But for a single site, the Standard Plan would be excellent.

And for the built in mail server, contact support and they will give you the SMPT Host name/URL. It's a bit different for each user. The Username and password are whatever you choose when creating your email accounts in the cPanel. Install the WP-SMPT plugin and enter the details. Done! Guaranteed delivery to customer's Inboxes. Goodbye monthly fees to Mail Chimp, Send in Blue etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

icetechy

This looks more like inconsistent DB causing this, (you have a duplicate primary key, which is a worst possible error in db) and this looks like that causing you cpu to peak up as DB is looping through this error.

How do you plan you migration ? will you reimport current db ? or start from scratch on new WP install?
I intend to import current DB. If i start from the scratch that means i will have to start all building my site all over again. is there anyhow i can solve this Db issue?

icetechy

I'm running 4 sites on the standard plan with no problems ... yet. If I ever do, I'll upgrade then. But for a single site, the Standard Plan would be excellent.

And for the built in mail server, contact support and they will give you the SMPT Host name/URL. It's a bit different for each user. The Username and password are whatever you choose when creating your email accounts in the cPanel. Install the WP-SMPT plugin and enter the details. Done! Guaranteed delivery to customer's Inboxes. Goodbye monthly fees to Mail Chimp, Send in Blue etc.
Okay then i will test the server for one month but please how do i handle the object caching? cause they told me they do not have any form of caching.

Direct Webstore

Oh.. hang on. Got confused. "Object caching". Let me check.

But you should enable opcache and apcu as well. (for PHP scripting)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

You could enable "redis" in PHP/cPanel and install Redis Object Cache plugin if it concerns you. Actually, now that I found it, I may use it myself, depending on what Interserver support says. Redis IS available to be activated but need to check with support about it.

For Redis-powered object caching, you can’t go past the free plugins available at WordPress.org.

With more than 30,000 active installs, the most popular option is Redis Object Cache. It supports Predis, PhpRedis (PECL), HHVM, replication, clustering and WP-CLI.

Before using this plugin, you’ll need to check that your site is using a PHP environment with the required PHP Redis extension and a working Redis server.

If you’re good to go, this plugin is super simple to install—just activate the plugin, go to Settings > Redis and click “Enable Object Cache.”
Found this here ... https://wp-rocket.me/blog/object-caching-use-wordpress/

Last edited:

icetechy

Before you activate Redis, you will need to have access to cPanel Terminal which i doubt is available for shared hosting. But if you succeed in running Redis Object Cache, Please let me know how you did it.

Direct Webstore

Before you activate Redis, you will need to have access to cPanel Terminal which i doubt is available for shared hosting.
Of course you have access. You do with most shared hosting cPanels.

CPanel>Select PHP Version>Php Selector-Extensions. There you can enable all sorts of extensions if you wish to.

php.jpg

php_002.jpg