500 products and above.

icetechy

Hi please is there a way I can have more than 500 products for AliDropship Woo? I currently have 630 due to the amount of categories I have and I need to have this because my website is also a marketplace. Right now I can't update my products and I don't even receive notifications to update them (like before) until today which I was sent an update message. The update notification email that was sent to me was empty. I need help please!

Mar

Hi please is there a way I can have more than 500 products for AliDropship Woo? I currently have 630 due to the amount of categories I have and I need to have this because my website is also a marketplace.
My store is woocommerce, has 1860 published products at the moment. It used to have more than 2000 but products of AliExpress are fast disappearing and for some reasons I was not able to edit and publish products lately. I am not sure why it is happening in your site, but maybe it is time to think about moving to another host provider.

1570419455181.png

icetechy

My store is woocommerce, has 1860 published products at the moment. It used to have more than 2000 but products of AliExpress are fast disappearing and for some reasons I was not able to edit and publish products lately. I am not sure why it is happening in your site, but maybe it is time to think about moving to another host provider.

View attachment 10343
WOW WOW! I never knew this was possible. the Alidrop ship customer care agents kept telling me they do not recommend more than 500 products on my website. This has led me to delete so much products to 630 which i can't go lower than this else my website will be empty. I am very grateful for this information. I use siteground Host and its pretty Good. I have managed to set my products to autoupdate and it is updating now. I was using Safari that is why it was not even updating. But i noticed after a while during the update it freezes and then i would have to refresh the page again and click on continue. Are you using a shared hosting? and which hosting provider do you use?

Direct Webstore

This has led me to delete so much products to 630 which i can't go lower than this else my website will be empty.
Stop exaggerating. ;)

. I use siteground Host and its pretty Good.
It's terrible. Check via the Search function above for all the horror stories. Eventually, you will have problems.

I was using Safari that is why it was not even updating.
Oh my God! So many here just do not read the documentation and then complain about problems.

and which hosting provider do you use?
I use the same host as @Mar with no problems at all with 8 sites now. It even has it's own built-in mail server with guaranteed delivery to inboxes. AND it's not expensive. (You will find a link in her signature at the bottom of her posts.)

:)

icetechy

Stop exaggerating. ;)

It's terrible. Check via the Search function above for all the horror stories. Eventually, you will have problems.

Oh my God! So many here just do not read the documentation and then complain about problems.

I use the same host as @Mar with no problems at all with 8 sites now. It even has it's own built-in mail server with guaranteed delivery to inboxes. AND it's not expensive. (You will find a link in her signature at the bottom of her posts.)

:)

I have managed to successfully update my products. I can't still believe it! lol all this while i thought i must have nothing above 500 products. I have checked the hosting. i will look into migrating there. thank you.

Direct Webstore

i thought i must have nothing above 500 products.
That's a very, very vague rule that's not carved in stone. It depends on several factors, settings and environment. It requires reading, research and experimentation to be fully overcome. Something that many on this forum are 100% incapable of.

Also, as has been mentioned several times/places in this forum, Woocommerce is aware of its crap database table system that is at the root of the problem and it "may" be fixed in the future.

;)

icetechy

That's a very, very vague rule that's not carved in stone. It depends on several factors, settings and environment. It requires reading, research and experimentation to be fully overcome. Something that many on this forum are 100% incapable of.

Also, as has been mentioned several times/places in this forum, Woocommerce is aware of its crap database table system that is at the root of the problem and it "may" be fixed in the future.

;)
Oh i see! what made me think i have to reduce my products is because i kept on getting consistent error such as 522, 532, 500 errors. My server resources where maxing out especially the CPU usage. Is there anyhow to fix this because i did some tweaking and it stopped for like a weak but in the last 24hrs i have experienced 522 and 532 errors.

Mar

I use siteground Host and its pretty Good.
Siteground used to be my host provider. I understand very well the issue. I have a long post in the forum about Siteground. Believe me they can never resolve that issue. The only thing they can do is suggest an upgrade, in fact that is one of the reasons I moved my site.

My server resources where maxing out especially the CPU usage. Is there anyhow to fix this because i did some tweaking and it stopped for like a weak but in the last 24hrs i have experienced 522 and 532 errors.
The only solution is move your site to the host provider recommended, https://www.interserver.net/r/502444.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Is there anyhow to fix this
There's a couple of really long threads on it ... somewhere. You'll have to use the search above. Type "woocommerce". and go through the 10 pages of results. No good using "CPU" as it's too short and is omitted from search results.

OR ... use the host @Mar mentioned. I use it too with no problems. (Free built in mail server too. Say goodbye to Mailchimp etc)

Last edited:

bacil

Ok, enough has been said the :) move to the elastic cloud (azure/aws/google) your systems will adapt to the load and you don't have to worry about resources and you pay only for CPU/Memory when/if used :)

I had discussion with DWS on this the other day :) so it should be in fresh threads :)

EDIT: i can post simple guide, it takes about 30 mins to get setup in AWS - and its free for frist year :) <-- @DWS: i know you dont like it

Direct Webstore

DWS: i know you dont like it
It's not so much that in itself, it's also that the current host I use has no problems at all running 4 sites, has a free built in mailserver with guaranteed delivery to inboxes (No Mailchimp etc fees), is set and forget and hassle free, is fast (sites load in 2-4 seconds), no CPU problems and is only $5 per month. Can't be beat. I'm moving another 4 sites currently on Hostgator Cloud to a new account with them next year. (8 sites spread out over 2 accounts). It's the same host Mar uses mentioned above.

bacil

It's not so much that in itself, it's also that the current host I use has no problems at all running 4 sites, has a free built in mailserver with guaranteed delivery to inboxes (No Mailchimp etc fees), is set and forget and hassle free, is fast (sites load in 2-4 seconds), no CPU problems and is only $5 per month. Can't be beat. I'm moving another 4 sites currently on Hostgator Cloud to a new account with them next year. (8 sites spread out over 2 accounts). It's the same host Mar uses mentioned above.

OK, that sounds really good, have to admit, If I were to realy on hosting I would defo go there too. The thing for me is that we run over 70 sites and only 5 of them are real stores, most of the stuff we do is SaaS and WP hosting/design services so we do need the flexibility and control. And it's easy using cloud/docker. Not mentioning that we sometimes spin up the site for say 2 weeks and then kill it. Or as is case with this particular shop, it's proof of concept that will run for a year and then we will see :)

icetechy

OK, that sounds really good, have to admit, If I were to realy on hosting I would defo go there too. The thing for me is that we run over 70 sites and only 5 of them are real stores, most of the stuff we do is SaaS and WP hosting/design services so we do need the flexibility and control. And it's easy using cloud/docker. Not mentioning that we sometimes spin up the site for say 2 weeks and then kill it. Or as is case with this particular shop, it's proof of concept that will run for a year and then we will see :)
Cloud hosting sounds interesting but i heard it basically cost at least $10 a month!

icetechy

Siteground used to be my host provider. I understand very well the issue. I have a long post in the forum about Siteground. Believe me they can never resolve that issue. The only thing they can do is suggest an upgrade, in fact that is one of the reasons I moved my site.

The only solution is move your site to the host provider recommended, https://www.interserver.net/r/502444.
Hi i see three packaged on the first page which of them are my to choose? or rather which of them do you use? the three packages i see are : ASP.NET, VPS SPECIAL & DEDICATED

icetechy

There's a couple of really long threads on it ... somewhere. You'll have to use the search above. Type "woocommerce". and go through the 10 pages of results. No good using "CPU" as it's too short and is omitted from search results.

OR ... use the host @Mar mentioned. I use it too with no problems. (Free built in mail server too. Say goodbye to Mailchimp etc)
I think i will just move my site to https://www.interserver.net/ to save myself the headache. But which of the packages are you subscribed to?

bacil

Cloud hosting sounds interesting but i heard it basically cost at least $10 a month!

Nope first year free on AWS and Azure then you are charged as per usage. Like i have now one website that runs on aws and i am being charged $.02 this month

icetechy

Nope first year free on AWS and Azure then you are charged as per usage. Like i have now one website that runs on aws and i am being charged $.02 this month
My site is obviously a dropship site, and i also have a market place on it. people can subscribe and sell on my platform. How much woll this cost me? and after a year how much? how will i know my usage @ "charged as per usage"?

bacil

My site is obviously a dropship site, and i also have a market place on it. people can subscribe and sell on my platform. How much woll this cost me? and after a year how much? how will i know my usage @ "charged as per usage"?

There is couple of things that help you with it i like the default billing manager it looks like this :

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 5.14.36 PM.png

it gives you predictive forcast based on yur current usage (i this example my site is dropshiping shop with cca 2k unique visitors daily)

And from the detailed spend of the free tier (eg. how are the services utilised) :

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 5.14.55 PM.png
My most expensive site is about 90$ but its corporate job portal with 3m uniques users so much heavily loaded than this.