2021 question...

Hello,

So as we are all now moving in to 2021 and hopefully ramping things up for successes in
one way or another, what are the top recommended add-ons to have in our stores?

Even if you have only one or two, please feel free to share.

I am interested in what people are using to boost their store and sales performance.

Thanks!

Stay Awesome :cool:

chris37

Hi ,
1) I use social rabbit .
2) alishipping
3) gift box
4) resent sale pop up
5) products labor
6) selika ;) * if you know when you must use it ,is an excellent plugin

daniel-97

After a while, I can see that (in my opinion), these are the must have and only add-ons I need

For PAID add-ons:
1. Upsell
(obviously)
2. SEO Image Optimizer (best image compressor and title/alt bulk change I've ever seen till now)
3. If you use paid advertiser
- Facebook: Facebook Business
- Google: Google Merchant

For FREE add-ons:
- Abandon Cart
- GA Enhanced eCommerce (to track for Google Insight reports)

After a while, I can see that (in my opinion), these are the must have and only add-ons I need

For PAID add-ons:
1. Upsell
(obviously)
2. SEO Image Optimizer (best image compressor and title/alt bulk change I've ever seen till now)
3. If you use paid advertiser
- Facebook: Facebook Business
- Google: Google Merchant

For FREE add-ons:
- Abandon Cart
- GA Enhanced eCommerce (to track for Google Insight reports)

Excellent, thank you for sharing!

Bumping this thread to share the plugins I use (and for the record, I use the original Alidropship plugin):

*Sellvia - I have a love/hate feeling for this one. I understand it's a brand new program and improvements are still ongoing, but as of now, the fuctionality is way too rigid. That said, the concept is a good one and the products are selling in my store.
*Social Rabbit - Gotta be careful with this one, especially if you're using Sellvia. The implementation is great, but the execution is flawed (if that makes sense). For example, I still end up having to micromanage my social media pages because I will find new posts about products that I don't even have listed in my store. That's a huge no-no of course because it would be false advertising to customers who come across it, and it could lead to consequence as severe as your social media pages getting suspended / shut down if this happens + gets reported too often.
*Alishipping - No comment yet. I just purchased it
*Gift Box - No comment yet. I just purchased it
*Upsell - No comment yet. I just purchased it
*Bulk Discounts - No comment yet. I just purchased it
*Product Bundles - No comment yet. I just purchased it
*Purchase Upsell - No comment yet. I just purchased it
*Yoast SEO Premium - Very useful for adding the right keywords / metadata and measuring readability
*GDPR Cookie Compliance - Really only critical if you sell in Europe or the State of California, as by law you're required to disclose that you're tracking your customer's data and give them the choice to opt out. Failure to do this could put you in legal jeopardy (including the risk of getting your site shut down).
*Abandoned Cart - It actually works, as I was already able to recover one abandoned cart in my 1st week.
*Promo Banner - I have a love/hate feeling for this one as well. Banner definitely can serve an important purpose and I wanted to use a custom made banner. I did eventually get it uploaded in the right format, but it was extremely difficult & time consuming. It's very user-unfriendly if you're not using one of the default banner templates.
*Urgency - I shut this one off. Each market / audience is different, but in the US, consumers have gotten wise to this sales tactic and it comes across as spammy/scammy. Again, YMMV.
*ADS Mailchimp - Useful if you want to send remarketing material to your customers for repeat business if they subscribe for emails. Again though, depending on your market / audience, you gotta be careful with this one and not add them or send them messages without ther permission. Do note, you only get the basic (free) version of Mailchimp which will include the Mailchimp banner in all of your email messages.
*UpdraftPlus Backup/Restore - This one isn't necessary if you use a host server that automatically backs up your files for free (cPanel, come to find out the hard way, does this). But it's still yet another free option that's available if you want to regularly backup your website.
*HotJar - Some folks may have a moral objection to this one. But it does give you the ability to actually watch what your customers do on their website as it secretly records their sessions. Theres's a basic free version (which I have) and then a premium version). Honestly, I've only seen one of my videos. It's not my favorite plugin, but it can be useful if you want to get an idea of what may drive each of your customers to go through with a purchase or leave your website without a purchase. GDPR Cookie Compliance will also be a must in conjuction with this plugin if you do business in Europe or the State of California.
*WP Maintenance Mode - IMO, this plugin is a must if you want to add a low-effort, professional-looking touch to your website. Whenever you want to make changes / updates to your website, you can enable a custom message that all customers will see when trying to access any of your site's pages, letting them know the site is down for maintenance. I think it's better than sending them to a coming soon screen, 404 screen, or page can't be displayed screen. Also, I believe this plugin gives you the ability to inform customers when the site is scheduled for maintenance.
*WP Super Cache - This plugin is supposed to help you easily clean your cache, which I would assume helps to keep your site healthy. It's probably not a necessary plugin though.
*Wordfence - This plugin is supposed to keep your site secure from Malware. Although I have the basic free version, I'm pretty certain is one of only a few security plugins at bet that does a complete scan and gives you a full report of those results without having to pay a subscription fee.
*Header, Footer and Post Injection - This plugin isn't required at all if you're good at site development. For me, its main purpose was to help me easily link the Google Tag Manager to my site to track conversion data (it's very user-friendly for WordPress newbies). It is free of charge.

Last edited:

chris37

Social Rabbit - Gotta be careful with this one, especially if you're using Sellvia. The implementation is great, but the execution is flawed (if that makes sense). For example, I still end up having to micromanage my social media pages because I will find new posts about products that I don't even have listed in my store. That's a huge no-no of course because it would be false advertising to customers who come across it, and it could lead to consequence as severe as your social media pages getting suspended / shut down if this happens + gets reported too often.

Hi, in social rabbit you can exclude the categories or products you don’t want to share.
Alishipping - No comment yet. I just purchased

Alishipping add-on only working with aliexpress supplier not sellvia,

Better you create shipping zone in your default shipping section in your original alidropship plugin.
Yoast SEO Premium - Very useful for adding the right keywords / metadata and measuring readability

Rankmath free version is give way more option then a Yoast SEO premium,

Anyway i hope you have deactivate the SEO setting that coming with with alidropship original if you activate Yoast ;)

ADS Mailchimp - Useful if you want to send remarketing material to your customers for repeat business if they subscribe for emails

This is the best way of marketing because you target people that have subscriber by themselves , so here you going to have the most engagement.

WP Super Cache - This plugin is supposed to help you easily clean your cache, which I would assume helps to keep your site healthy. It's probably not a necessary plugin though.

This is a cache plugin. Is help by show to your visitor pre-cache version of your website.

In simple words is make your website feel faster .

Is the most necessary plugin . Nobody want slow website :)

Probably you didn’t notice the real speed of your website because you loading your website from your browser cache files.

Check incognito browser. Usually the original plugin and theme are quite fast but is alway space for improvement.

Wordfence - This plugin is supposed to keep your site secure from Malware. Although I have the basic free version, I'm pretty certain is one of only a few security plugins at bet that does a complete scan and gives you a full report of those results without having to pay a subscription fee.

Yes the free version is good if setup correctly. But normal the paid version have more functionality.

Kind regards
Chris

Hi, in social rabbit you can exclude the categories or products you don’t want to share.

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

Rankmath free version is give way more option then a Yoast SEO premium.

Eh...Yoast SEO is only $89/year. If you're someone who's already playing over 5 times that amount in a year for products to dropship from the US, that's really not a big deal.

None the less, I'll look into it. I'm sure both Rankmath and Yoast SEO have their pros & cons (plus, you get what you pay for).

Alishipping add-on only working with aliexpress supplier not sellvia.

I intend to add Aliexpress products to my shop eventually (just not a priority right now).

You gonna face many issue if your try ,

First the 1-3 day delivery badges on the products page.

That's concerning (and frustrating) if true, because common sense would dictate the shipping algorithms for Sellvia products should have no impact on the products imported directly from Aliexpress.

chris37

So maybe I'm missing something, but I only see the option to exclude categories, not specific products (which is what I would want to do)...

View attachment 15218

Create a new category for this specific products, don’t add this category in your front end of your website.

Attach this extra category to the products you want to exclude ,

And then exclude this category.
I know is a work around but sometime you must think outside of the box.

I get you point anyway , they must add it officially to can exclude specific products.

But as I say , you can work around it.

Create a new category for this specific products, don’t add this category in your front end of your website.

Attach this extra category to the products you want to exclude ,

And then exclude this category.

I figured that. A long, hard and manual work around (seems to be a running theme).

Frankly, it's much easier just going onto the social media pages every day and deleting those posts like I've been doing.