100K $ With Drop-shipping

meeyule

Phew.
I just read all 16 pages of this thread.
@Moussdog: you are inspiring!

Just wanna add: I can't believe how often people asked a question that had already been asked and answered previously in the same thread. Kudos for your patience!

Beckster

That you “don’t know” that you are “illegal”... I feel very sorry for you. Going against copyright laws is a serious offense. Making money from someone else’s stuff “without permission” is not a business - it’s stealing. Better sort that out. We could all make pots of money from Harry Potter or Games or Star Wars but at your own huge huge risk. BE BRIGHT - BE LEGIT.

Beckster

That you “don’t know” that you are “illegal”... I feel very sorry for you. Going against copyright laws is a serious offense. Making money from someone else’s stuff “without permission” is not a business - it’s stealing. Better sort that out. We could all make pots of money from Harry Potter or Games or Star Wars but at your own huge huge risk. BE BRIGHT - BE LEGIT.
Remember - YOU are held responsible and I don’t know attitude won’t hold you up in a court of law.

Doit

Hi Beckster,
I am new to this. Can you explain in more details what are those huge risks?
What I heard in this forum is, if there is any copyright issues arise, site owner will be asked to take down the product or in some case totaly down the website.

Are there any other risk thank this?

meeyule

Hi Beckster,
What I heard in this forum is, if there is any copyright issues arise, site owner will be asked to take down the product or in some case totaly down the website.

Just google "penalties for copyright infringement"

Doit

Just google "penalties for copyright infringement"

It’s a Long list when I search Google like jail term, 100k penalty etc but so far no one faced those penalties in dropshipping world. At most only the website was take down because of copyright issues.

Moussdog

That was at the beginning of my "journey" I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for the warning and feeling sorry for me. ;)

Moussdog

Hey guys,

A lot of things happened these last months. I just set up my company in HK and planning to quit the shittiest country for business worldwide : France. :D

I just opened a twitter to answer all of your questions, so all of you guys can see what people asks.

Twitter : https://twitter.com/MousslimLgh

Hi Beckster,

Forget it, there is no risk, only your hosting company will ask you to remove the products.
I have been selling fakes for years and never had a problem, only some idiots on Internet believe that we will be jailed tomorrow morning :)

It's pretty easy. On AliExpress, VERY VERY few of the companies are licensed to sell/make any of the big names we all recognize.

Is it a famous clothing/shoe brand? It'll be copyrighted. (Nike, Adidas, Lululemon)
Is it a famous movie/tv show/video game? It'll be copyrighted. (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Pokemon, Harry Potter)
Is it a popular sports team or person? Copyright.
See a pattern...?

Any big (brand) name that a lot of people recognize around the world you should expect will be copyrighted. Does that mean you CAN'T sell it? No..., but you should be aware that with copyright comes lawyers and teams of people protecting the brand. There's always a chance you'll get told to stop. There's also chance you won't.

At least someone who knows what he is talking about.
Thank you.