Problem With Sellvia Pricing

I'm currently adding more Sellvia products to my store, and I notice on one item, there is a discrepancy between the shipping/handling price advertised on the Sellvia plugin's product list (on Wordpress) and what Sellvia is advertising on the website.

I am glad I caught it when I did, because the difference in cost is a big hit to my margin on this product (I'm intentionally pricing it well below retail).

Below is a screen shot of what it shows in Wordpress and a screen shot of what it shows in Sellvia

Is there a reason for this discrepancy? What could be causing it and can it be fixed?

1631196286244.png

1631167191892.png

Last edited:

Lika

Staff member
Hello,

Thank you for reporting the discrepancy. The shipping cost will be reviewed and fixed.

Vicky Tomkiv

Staff member
Are the Sellvia products regularly audited for discrepancies like this? Hopefully, this was a one-off instance.
99% of the time we find such discrepancies ourselves when we check our prices on a regular basis. However, we are really grateful that our customers report such incidents if we miss them.

chris37

99% of the time we find such discrepancies ourselves when we check our prices on a regular basis. However, we are really grateful that our customers report such incidents if we miss them.

If you are staff member then better change your label from new member to staff member.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the discrepancy. The shipping cost will be reviewed and fixed.

Hi Lika,

Please considering to add a way to show in sellvia the discount badge how is in alidropship plugin.

Currently no one can show the discount in the product page expect if you do it manually.

Lika

Staff member
Please considering to add a way to show in sellvia the discount badge how is in alidropship plugin.
Hi Chris,

Sellvia products do not have discounts by default (regular price=sale price) thus the products do not have discount labels when you import them to your store. If you edit the price of a product in product settings on your site to have a regular price higher than a sale price, the discount label will appear on the shop page.

chris37

Hi Chris,

Sellvia products do not have discounts by default (regular price=sale price) thus the products do not have discount labels when you import them to your store. If you edit the price of a product in product settings on your site to have a regular price higher than a sale price, the discount label will appear on the shop page.

Lika please read my post above .

I just described what you just say now.

I am asking for automatically way .

Let me explain further . I don’t know if you work also with alidropship plugin or just with sellvia .

So on alidropship plugin in the pricing formula you can adjust the discount percentage for each categories.You can put randomly for example 20% or 50% and you do whatever you like.

I am asking for the same feature.

Did my answer is clear enough or do you need me to show screenshot how the pricing formula work on alidropship.

Is something you already done it before. I am just asking to add it on sellvia also

Lika

Staff member
I am well familiar with the pricing formulas of Alidropship. Alidropship formulas connect to Aliexpress to get Aliexpress supplier's cost to calculate the store prices. Those pricing formulas are not applied to the products of Sellvia catalog (the Alidropship plugin sees them as not Aliexpress ad thus they are managed in Alidropship the same way manually created products are).

I agree that changing prices / setting discounts for a large number of products is time-consuming but at the moment there isn't any automation for price changes in Sellvia. I have added your request to the list of options requested by customers for the devs to consider. (The issue has been discussed previously, I hope the devs might have found a workaround for what made them choose not to add price formulas to Sellvia from the very beginning)

chris37

I am well familiar with the pricing formulas of Alidropship. Alidropship formulas connect to Aliexpress to get Aliexpress supplier's cost to calculate the store prices

We speak for 2 difference thing here!!!!!!

In alidropship plugin in the pricing formula section you can set up the discount percentage you want to each categories you have. So if you place 20% discount for this category if a product is $80 is going to show previous price $100 with 20% discount

That is the feature i am speaking about .

Please check it out !!!!

Lika

Staff member
Hi Chris.
You referred to Alidropship where the two features (prices and discount) are connected. Pricing change is the main feature, discounts are the additional one based on the pricing feature that requires Aliexpress link. And neither are available for Sellvia products as you know.

As I wrote above, I have added your request to the list of options requested by customers for the devs to consider.
Thank you for your patience.

Hello,

Another question about Sellvia pricing:

Do we (subscribers to Sellvia) receive a written notification when the cost of certain items increases? And if not, can this be considered as a future service?

I know there's the function to update prices on all products, but I'm afraid to do that because it will overwrite my adjusted prices. Also, I know I could go and comb through the Sellvia prices manually myself on a regular basis, but that is time consuming & tedious.

I just had a sale on the Magnetic Phone Charger and fortunately my customer bought 2. But had they only bought 1, I would have lost money on the sale because of Sellvia's price increase.

Last edited:

Vicky Tomkiv

Staff member
Another question about Sellvia pricing:

Do we (subscribers to Sellvia) receive a written notification when the cost of certain items increases? And if not, can this be considered as a future service?
Unfortunately, there is currently no feature like an e-mail notification of all the price changes before you update the products, however, after you update the products, you can check in the tab "Prices/stock changed" what particular products had changes to them.
1631632316991.png