Shipping conflict

Yoligrana

I have a conflict with the shipping of a product. It marks $0 as standard shipping in my store but on aliexpress it's another amount.
How to fix that? Do I need to import the product again? I tried with the option Reset product but the shipping doesn't change...

Thanks

the_lyall

AliDropship doesn't import product shipping methods/options/costs only the product itself. If you also want to import the shipping methods and automatically get the AliExpress shipping costs you need to buy the shipping add on: https://alidropship.com/addons/alishipping/

Without the add-on, the store default shipping methods will apply to everything.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding your issue.

Mar

AliDropship doesn't import product shipping methods/options/costs only the product itself. If you also want to import the shipping methods and automatically get the AliExpress shipping costs you need to buy the shipping add on: https://alidropship.com/addons/alishipping/

Without the add-on, the store default shipping methods will apply to everything.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding your issue.
If you previously set Free shipping in Woocommerce setting, disable it. Set AliExpress shipping as the shipping method. But before doing it, make sure you select the shipping methods you want to show in your store, then click Add to all product or Add to new products buttons, otherwise products will not have shipping methods when added to cart and cannot be ordered. See screenshots for better understanding and see documentation.1590559200390.png1590559053580.png

1590559277116.png

1590559339396.png

Mar

I have a conflict with the shipping of a product. It marks $0 as standard shipping in my store but on aliexpress it's another amount.
How to fix that? Do I need to import the product again? I tried with the option Reset product but the shipping doesn't change...

Thanks
If you don't have Shipping Product AliExpress add-on installed, you will pay the shipping cost in AliExpress. If you have the add-on installed, see the instructions sent to the other user in this thread,

the_lyall

If you don't have Shipping Product AliExpress add-on installed, you will pay the shipping cost in AliExpress. If you have the add-on installed, see the instructions sent to the other user in this thread,
I don't have the add-on either as I don't need it, I was just saying that the other user will need the add-on to achieve what they are asking for

Yoligrana

Yes I have the addon, installed and working, but:
what about this case?

I have a product which cannot be delivered to the United States, as I see on the Aliexpress product page.
How to show up this information on my product page?

If I choose the product and click on add to cart it doesn't say it cannot be delivered to the United States...

Mar

If I choose the product and click on add to cart it doesn't say it cannot be delivered to the United States...
It won't specifically say it cannot be delivered to the United States... but suppose to be no shipping method in cart and cannot be ordered. I confirm the issue exist and posted in another thread addressed to the support team. There is no word yet from them. Hope it will be not like my my other posts about some other issues. Because they are not capable to resolve the issue, they chose to ignore it, apparently hoping the issue will go away by being silent. I will ask help from support@alidropship.com. I hope they will not ask for admin access, suggesting they blame the site, not the add-on, an old tune.

the_lyall

It won't specifically say it cannot be delivered to the United States... but suppose to be no shipping method in cart and cannot be ordered. I confirm the issue exist and posted in another thread addressed to the support team. There is no word yet from them. Hope it will be not like my my other posts about some other issues. Because they are not capable to resolve the issue, they chose to ignore it, apparently hoping the issue will go away by being silent. I will ask help from support@alidropship.com. I hope they will not ask for admin access, suggesting they blame the site, not the add-on, an old tune.
If it's a shipping add-on I don't think it will be able to call the API from the product page (when adding to cart) and can only trigger the call from the cart or checkout pages. At least that's how it was when we developed a customs and duties plugin for WooCommerce... I might be wrong but I doubt they'll be able to fix this without a lot of work which they probably won't want to do :rolleyes:

Mar

If it's a shipping add-on I don't think it will be able to call the API from the product page (when adding to cart) and can only trigger the call from the cart or checkout pages. At least that's how it was when we developed a customs and duties plugin for WooCommerce... I might be wrong but I doubt they'll be able to fix this without a lot of work which they probably won't want to do
I wish I see this kind of statement from the support team. But it look like they will ignore it like the other issues that they are not capable to resolve. It look like they don't really understand their product.

Getford

This trend will keep on making hits because apart from the alidropship plugin, the alishipping add-on comes second. It is as important as the main plugin itself. its the area where we give heads up to our customer. If they choose to ignore this then there is no essence buying the main plugin in the first place. IT MUST BE FIXED. Just today they updated the main plugin when the alishipping is having a big bug issue.:(. I will give them the benefit of doubt.

the_lyall

If it's a shipping add-on I don't think it will be able to call the API from the product page (when adding to cart) and can only trigger the call from the cart or checkout pages. At least that's how it was when we developed a customs and duties plugin for WooCommerce... I might be wrong but I doubt they'll be able to fix this without a lot of work which they probably won't want to do :rolleyes:

Thinking about it more, I think it is possible to call this information from the product page, it's just a big bit of work.

How would the product page know where the user wants to ship to if they're not logged in? If it's on the checkout then it can take the country the user has selected, but on the product page there is no information about the user yet so the website knows nothing about the user. Geolocation by IP address is an option but the user might want to ship it to a different country, and that adds another level of complexity.

I don't think it makes sense to show a 'available to' or 'not available to' list of countries on the product page either, as these could both be very long and not very user friendly to see.

You could make the user select a country on the product page before adding to cart, which would then not let them add to cart if they selected a country the product doesn't ship to, but that seems counter-intuitive to select a delivery country on the product page.

If it's a requirement though then the last method sounds like the only real option, and I'm not sure if they would add that as I can't see a big need for it. I think most stores use the cart/checkout pages to confirm availability once a shipping address has been entered (talking generally not about just AliDropshop), in the same way shipping methods work or show the 'no shipping available to your location' message during checkout.

Getford

You could make the user select a country on the product page before adding to cart, which would then not let them add to cart if they selected a country the product doesn't ship to, but that seems counter-intuitive to select a delivery country on the product page.
i hope the admin is seeing this!.. this would be the best method.. And everyone will be happy.. weldone the_yall.. Ur doing well

Mar

i hope the admin is seeing this!.. this would be the best method.. And everyone will be happy.. weldone the_yall.. Ur doing well
During the beta testing of the add on, I suggested this, https://forum.alidropship.com/threa...s-shipping-methods-on-your-store.14033/page-5. The suggestion was acknowledged but was not implemented. It would have been great, one way of informing buyers not only the cost of shipping and if the product cab be shipped to the country without adding to cart.

1590731318720.png

1590731364535.png

Mar

How would the product page know where the user wants to ship to if they're not logged in? If it's on the checkout then it can take the country the user has selected, but on the product page there is no information about the user yet so the website knows nothing about the user. Geolocation by IP address is an option but the user might want to ship it to a different country, and that adds another level of complexity.
I believe there is a way to implement it. Yes, the task could be complex and a lot of work. This information is available in AliExpress product page even if a visitor are not logged in. The location of the visitor is initially based in the country the Ship to is setup. Then there is a drop down if you want the Ship to change,
I don't see any counter-intuitive there.
If it's a requirement though then the last method sounds like the only real option, and I'm not sure if they would add that as I can't see a big need for it.
The issue of buyers able to order products that is not supported in some destination countries has been reported by many users. It is only acknowledged now when I tested it and confirmed true. There is a big need for for this method.

the_lyall

The issue of buyers able to order products that is not supported in some destination countries has been reported by many users. It is only acknowledged now when I tested it and confirmed true. There is a big need for for this method.

I stand corrected :) unfortunately while the AliDropship plugin code can be decrypted in order to write our own add-ons the decryption can be unreliable as it isn't the original source code, and I'm not in a position to argue with Dimitriy or the specific 'technical reasons' (it would be good to know though, so I can understand what they are).

I believe there is a way to implement it. Yes, the task could be complex and a lot of work. This information is available in AliExpress product page even if a visitor are not logged in. The location of the visitor is initially based in the country the Ship to is setup. Then there is a drop down if you want the Ship to change

AliExpress uses geolocation for non logged-in users (as far as I can tell). WooCommerce also has a built in geolocation feature and there are also third party free plugins that do it. Linking that to the shipping plugin and getting it to work on the product page would be a lot of work though, and I don't know enough about AliDropship to know if the need justifies for the cost of the amount of work. AliExpress obviously spend a lot of money on their website which the add-on is essentially trying to replicate without huge investment.

Unfortunately if admin now says it not possible there is no way to recreate the feature in the current add-on. It would however be possible to create a competing add-on, as without knowing the 'technical reasons' why they can't do it, it is all theoretically possible as far as I can see.

Reactions: Mar

Mar

I stand corrected :) unfortunately while the AliDropship plugin code can be decrypted in order to write our own add-ons the decryption can be unreliable as it isn't the original source code, and I'm not in a position to argue with Dimitriy or the specific 'technical reasons' (it would be good to know though, so I can understand what they are).

AliExpress uses geolocation for non logged-in users (as far as I can tell). WooCommerce also has a built in geolocation feature and there are also third party free plugins that do it. Linking that to the shipping plugin and getting it to work on the product page would be a lot of work though, and I don't know enough about AliDropship to know if the need justifies for the cost of the amount of work. AliExpress obviously spend a lot of money on their website which the add-on is essentially trying to replicate without huge investment.

Unfortunately if admin now says it not possible there is no way to recreate the feature in the current add-on. It would however be possible to create a competing add-on, as without knowing the 'technical reasons' why they can't do it, it is all theoretically possible as far as I can see.
Agree with all your statements. So, as the support team said it is not possible, we just wait for the update of the add on that will resolve the main issue.

Johnny Hook

Without that option a lot of customers will be disappointed.
This means that if they will order and if the products will not be available for their country I should to find a supplier that is shipping to his country or to refund his money.

Almost all things are possible, wish that team will find a proper way to fixt that.

Getford

Without that option a lot of customers will be disappointed.
This means that if they will order and if the products will not be available for their country I should to find a supplier that is shipping to his country or to refund his money.

Almost all things are possible, wish that team will find a proper way to fixt that.
two things i want Alidropship team to fix...
1 the alishipping add on bug..
2 Although i don't know if this would be possible... Automation of payment directly to AliExpress supplier.. instead of us taking the order by ourselves;).. cheers