ePacket has killed dropshipping

Kerry

ePacket has been on the decline long before any complications due to the current lockdowns, and its killed the drop shipping business model.

I currently have packages that were shipped ePacket that are well over a month in transit and still haven’t even left China yet,

The customers for those packages have cancelled their orders and I’ve had to refund their money and now I’m operating at a loss as I suppose they will get their packages at some time and I’ll just have to suffer the loss.

I operate two dropshipping stores and I’m closing them down,

drop shipping is dead.
Kerry

candresg76

Experiencing the same issue here. Tons of PayPal disputes opened lately due to this, has anyone experienced better results with other shipping options like China Post, Yanwen or similar ones? Please advise. Thanks.

Kerry

Here is the progress of a shipment started on the 28th of March: Almost a month since the last report. I've already had to refund the customer.track1.jpg

Kerry

That is unfortunate but did you reach out to the supplier?

How come? It is in transit.

What shipping times are you promising your customers?

With ePacket we usually quote 2-3 weeks to USA or Canada. In the past this has generally worked out.

the customer had followed up several times and was basically understanding, but after 6 weeks with no hope in site the asked for and received a refund.

this is only one example of refunds we’ve had to issue because of bad shipping times.

Kerry

Have you submitted a dispute? If you don't, yes you will suffer loss.

I’m not yet at the point where I can file a dispute on AliExpress. Believe me I will as soon as I can.

However while that recovers my cost, nothing is going to replace the lost profit.

sales are slow and now we’re refunding many of the few sales we have.

this is a broken business model.

I hope AliExpress has some pull to get this resolved with ePacket. They have some pull, we don’t.

Mar

I’m not yet at the point where I can file a dispute on AliExpress. Believe me I will as soon as I can.

However while that recovers my cost, nothing is going to replace the lost profit.
Submitting dispute is not only for refunds. It is also to call the attention of the seller. When tracking information of my order don't change after let's say 10 days. I message the seller warning him if tracking information don't change I will submit a dispute. They panic and reason out so that I will not submit a dispute. Disputes are the last thing sellers want. It will affect their rating and they will be penalized. But many times they are helpless, in fact I have been refunded at least four times already. If you submit a dispute, AliExpress will share the refund.

absimp

With ePacket we usually quote 2-3 weeks to USA or Canada. In the past this has generally worked out.

You need to change this.

1589227904366.png

I have had only one customer asking about their product during these past weeks and that has been eased by a simple and honest explanation about COVID-19 affecting international shipping.

Try reason with your customers and as @Mar states, push your supplier to do everything they can to expedite solutions from their side.

If you are selling a product and then refunding because it is arriving later than expected, but the customer eventually gets the product and your supplier does not refund you, then you are definitely on the losing end.

Mar

If you are selling a product and then refunding because it is arriving later than expected, but the customer eventually gets the product and your supplier does not refund you, then you are definitely on the losing end.
If you have submitted a dispute and the buyer did not receive the order within the 60 days waiting period, you will be refunded by AliExpress and that is regardless of the buyer receiving the order later or not.

aminech

If you have submitted a dispute and the buyer did not receive the order within the 60 days waiting period, you will be refunded by AliExpress and that is regardless of the buyer receiving the order later or not.

I have many orders not delivered or took very long, I read that Aliexpress ban users when they open many disputes

Mar

I have many orders not delivered or took very long, I read that Aliexpress ban users when they open many disputes
Haven't heard about that. If that is true, I could have been banned long time ago. Every time I talk to an AliExpress support, mostly about issues of a seller, they are quick to suggest submit a dispute. They will explain that submitting a dispute is not all about asking a refund. It is also to call the attention of the seller to do something, although eventually it will come to a refund if the delivery really fail. Disputes are also one of the basis of the seller's rating. Dispute is something AliExpress offer to buyers, not only from dishonest sellers. It is also a protection for buyers whose order is lost in transit and is not really anybody's fault. There are situations when delivery fail and it is just not right to let the buyer shoulder the cost.

davidmiller123

the customer had followed up several times and was basically understanding, but after 6 weeks with no hope in site the asked for and received a refund.

this is only one example of refunds we’ve had to issue because of bad shipping times.

My approximate delivery time is now over 1 month, i have opened about a dozen of dispute over the past month and didn't get banned. I am very worried about it though after reading this, slightly older, Reddit post.

... I’ll just have to suffer the loss.

I operate two dropshipping stores and I’m closing them down,

drop shipping is dead.
Kerry

Okay, so suffer the loss.

But shut your stores down?

Really?

I have two stores too.
I ain't quitting.

I'm scaling up!

Instead I am searching out alternatives to epacket.
They are out there, just takes some grunt work to find and set-up.

In fact, on the aliexpress website itself, you can find information on how to set-up with UPS or Fedex, Hong Kong Post,
or whatever, like all these other totally super rad options..

Did you know that?

But that's okay.

Go ahead and quit.
Less competition for me.

Nah, just playing, it's all good.:cool:

Just buckle down and set-up with other shipping alternatives.

Boo-ya!

Dropshipping is SO NOT dead.

Stay awesome! :cool:

Also...

I had the same issue, it was a super headache,
but then I got RAD!

I dug in deep and started to find way cool alternatives and how to set them up.

I emailed all my customers like crazy.
Explained that I was finding new options.

And re-shipping with the alt methods.

Most were super understanding, and on-board with my program.
Only gave one partial refund.

And I still keep most of my profits, despite the reship and partial refund.

Just gotta dig deep and rock out hard.
Don't quit when there's a challenge.

It's business, challenges and struggles come in waves,
but there are always solutions.

Stay Awesome :cool:

aminech

Also...

I had the same issue, it was a super headache,
but then I got RAD!

I dug in deep and started to find way cool alternatives and how to set them up.

I emailed all my customers like crazy.
Explained that I was finding new options.

And re-shipping with the alt methods.

Most were super understanding, and on-board with my program.
Only gave one partial refund.

And I still keep most of my profits, despite the reship and partial refund.

Just gotta dig deep and rock out hard.
Don't quit when there's a challenge.

It's business, challenges and struggles come in waves,
but there are always solutions.

Stay Awesome :cool:

USA suppliers ?