Dealing with bogus order claims

skylar

Hi has anyone received messages from the contact page and or Facebook messenger following up on orders that were never placed?
They even provide screenshots of so-called payments they made
I assume this is to defraud the seller but now sure how it would work

Please share how you handle/handled these situations. Do you engage, respond and dispute their claims or just don’t respond at all?

Thank you Skylar

Jasin555

That happened with me a month ago.
I got about 130-150 emails from the customers Inquiring about the order they made.
Actually they got scammed by the website www.familydogowners.com that i got from frustrated customers. They have ordered a dog bed in the month of May, and never received.
I found that this website was made with alidropship Michelanglo.

The most Crucial part was that they used my website credentials on payment receipt and order confirmation receipt (name, email, etc.)
I still get 3-4 emails every day asking about their order/refund that they never placed on my website.
Got many negative reviews on my facebook business page, so I have to turn off page reviews. It was so frustrating as I have did my best to serve my customers till the date.
They are not replying to any emails as the people have told me, bouncing back at me.

All I do now is to suggest all those angry people to contact their bank to get their money back.

I hope @Ekaterina Sayapina @Yaros will do a possible action against this scam user to keep the business environment safe as this kind of frauds degrades the trust of people buying from small businesses like us.

skylar

That happened with me a month ago.
I got about 130-150 emails from the customers Inquiring about the order they made.
Actually they got scammed by the website www.familydogowners.com that i got from frustrated customers. They have ordered a dog bed in the month of May, and never received.
I found that this website was made with alidropship Michelanglo.

The most Crucial part was that they used my website credentials on payment receipt and order confirmation receipt (name, email, etc.)
I still get 3-4 emails every day asking about their order/refund that they never placed on my website.
Got many negative reviews on my facebook business page, so I have to turn off page reviews. It was so frustrating as I have did my best to serve my customers till the date.
They are not replying to any emails as the people have told me, bouncing back at me.

All I do now is to suggest all those angry people to contact their bank to get their money back.

I hope @Ekaterina Sayapina @Yaros will do a possible action against this scam user to keep the business environment safe as this kind of frauds degrades the trust of people buying from small businesses like us.

Hi Jasin555,

Thank you for your reply this is very helpful I think this is exactly the situation that I am in. I am receiving since the start of June emails for dog bed orders they have not received. I have been receiving at least 1 email a day that I don't reply to because I don't sell dog beds.

I am sorry about your facebook page and this whole situation. I am curious as to how they were able to use your website credentials? I am assuming you changed them all by now?

Thank you!! Skylar

Jasin555

Hi Jasin555,

Thank you for your reply this is very helpful I think this is exactly the situation that I am in. I am receiving since the start of June emails for dog bed orders they have not received. I have been receiving at least 1 email a day that I don't reply to because I don't sell dog beds.

I am sorry about your facebook page and this whole situation. I am curious as to how they were able to use your website credentials? I am assuming you changed them all by now?

Thank you!! Skylar

I also haven't sold any dog bed untill now, and it's silly that people do not even remember the website from where they placed order. They are contacting from the details(my details) on the order confirmation receipt they got in their email.

By the website credentials like support email on order payment receipt, Same Company name on receipt's company address (You can set it in Paypal whatever you want to show on their reciept). Website name as logo on receipt. etc. Many people send those while Inquiring.
Thanks.

Jasin555

Ignore, delete and move on.

There is nothing they can do to stop scammers contacting you. Obviously. Just use your own common sense.

The End.

You are right, It doesn't bother me either. All I was angry about was that these kind of people takes away people trust on small businesses like us.

@skylar you can just Ignore them. There's nothing to worry about, even if somebody reports it.

skylar

Hi, @Direct Webstore thank you for the advice that was exactly what I was doing since I started getting those emails from customers. It just got me wondering why there was a sudden increase in volume and they were all looking for the same items - dog beds that I don't sell. I would appreciate your help though to get this message across the forum members as you are a well-known member of this forum. As this scammer having a michaelangelo theme and using the same wording is most likely an alidropship customer.

So as it turns out @Jasin555 it is the same website www.familydogowners.com that is scamming customers and using my website URL as their support site. So naturally, after some time, people will follow up on my website because they have not received the item they purchased on that website. I am starting to get negative reviews on my facebook page so I turned it off as well.

I guess to anyone on this forum that starts getting emails on their website about dog beds that they don't sell most likely your website is being targeted and used by this www.familydogowners.com to scam customers.

Thanks @Direct Webstore and @Jasin555

If they are defrauding customers and using your good name and website to do it then why have you not reported them to the authorities? I really don't understand why people don't take action against these scumbags. The site is still up and obviously still scamming customers, Quote “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke. End Quote.

Direct Webstore

I really don't understand why people don't take action against these scumbags.
Because they are impossible to trace and use disposable email addresses etc. And in this case, even though thier website is known, what exactly could they be "charged" with? Any attempts to "take action" would be a total waste of time.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Except when nothing can be done. Otherwise those good men would be wasting thier time.

Because they are impossible to trace and use disposable email addresses etc. And in this case, even though thier website is known, what exactly could they be "charged" with? Any attempts to "take action" would be a total waste of time.

Except when nothing can be done. Otherwise those good men would be wasting thier time.
And DW you just proved my point.

Direct Webstore

And DW you just proved my point.
Except when nothing can be done.
Not at all. So what do you suggest be done when "nothing can be done"? ... Wish really hard?

What do YOU do, my "good man"? Really. What do you do? Apart from preaching what people "should do" (regardless of whether it's viable or not) and quoting old quotes?

On the other hand, if one has evidence of someone actually doing something illegal that can be used, of course one should do something. Unfortunately, that's not the case here. Tell me exactly what the person/s mentioned above could be charged with. As far as I know, nothing. Apart from being a nuisance. And there's not many web hosts that are going to take any action on that count.

Time to face reality. Trying to stop internet pests and nuisances is like trying to empty the ocean a teaspoon at a time.

Again ...

... and do something more productive with one's time.

Last edited:
Oh my dear DW I do not preach I am a man of action. I already played a part in bringing down a website that was infringing on copyright. If this person or persons is using another companies information to obtain funds from customers and not provide a service or goods then they can be charged with fraud, identity theft, obtaining funds illegally just to start with.

... and do something more productive with one's time. LOL what is more productive than bringing scum like this to justice and making the internet a more safer and more trustworthy place to shop, is that not in the interest of us all.

Direct Webstore

Oh my dear DW I do not preach I am a man of action. I already played a part in bringing down a website that was infringing on copyright.
Well done my "dear" Mr Figglespoon. An actual case of something illegal. Please read more carefully...
On the other hand, if one has evidence of someone actually doing something illegal that can be used, of course one should do something.

Now again ... getting back to the actual scenario in this thread, and asking you a second time ... what could they be charged with and what would you do about it?

And please try to avoid irelevant red herrings. Try to stay focussed on the scenario in this thread. The one I'm commenting on.

;)

Last edited:
DW from the OP's post and that of Jasin555, it appears that the person/s referred to is/are accepting payments for products they are not and do not intend on supplying, that is theft or at the least obtaining funds by deception my friend, then they are using another business's details to do so that is fraud and possibly identity theft. so I suggest that you take your own advice and focus a bit more. I have already stated what they can be charged with however if you need me to repeat it again so it is clear just ask. :)

Direct Webstore

Again. Nothing can be proved at all. The whole scenario is ridiculous. What it mainly is ... is a nuisance. One of many that people just have to ignore.

Well we will have to agree to disagree, I don't believe in ignoring acts that may be detrimental to my business or myself. By the way, how do you know nothing can be proved you only have the small amount of information provided by these two victims not enough to make a judgement call on whether or not anything can be proven and proving the case would be upto any authorities that would be involved if the victims made an initial complaint. :)