PRODUCT BUNDLE

WoooShipper, please, PM me your access details, I will chek

Thanks. We just added new Bundles and they work fine - just that we'll make note of when they expire so we can extend before they disappear :)

FYI
When we deactivated it and left options 'as is' to preserve settings and data, and then re-activated it, the Product Bundle dashboard is empty - the new Bundles we had just added are no longer there.

Anyway, we imported the data (which we saved as an SQL file) back into the database to reinstate the bundles.

NOTE: Earlier on we had a small hickup with PRICES of all products disappearing from the site after adding the new Bundles - turns out to be a CSS issue - we changed the price color to white so it will appear on the Add Bundle button but that affected the whole site - so white on white made it seem like all the prices disappeared!

Last edited:
WoooShipper, thank you anyway for your feedback!
So, do you have any issues with it at the moment?

We are at version 1.1.0 now but have since deactivated it when we came across this rather embarrassing situation:

BUG?

If you tried to add the same Bundle twice (probably same effect if you keep adding) where say, a customer wants to take advantage of the Bundle and checkout in one Order, goes ahead and clicks the 'Add Bundle' twice, this is what happens in a 'Fixed Amount' discount scenario:

Bundle A added: item(1)=$12; item(2)=$15; item(3)=$17. So total=$44. We applied the 'Fixed Amount' option and priced the Bundle at $38 for a $6 discount. And the Cart reflects this with a "-$6" entry.

We then add this Bundle A again to the Cart and the quantity moves up to 2 each (which is correct) but the DISCOUNT applied in the Cart total was "-$50" !!! - which is basically the first discount of "-$6" added to a second discount of "-$44" which is the cost of the entire bundle ($44); effectively rendering the repeated Bundle A totally FREE!!!

Can you test it as well?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, not sure if your Team had the chance to look at the other points/suggestions we made earlier:

1. A Product Bundle already in the Cart will be stripped off it's benefits once you add a second Bundle to the same Cart!

When you add a second Bundle (we used a different Bundle) to the Cart which already has a Product Bundle in it, that Product Bundle is stripped of its benefits displaying its items as normal non-Bundle ones - no benefits/discount. AND ADDING A 3RD BUNDLE KNOCKS OUT THE 2ND - so there's only ONE BUNDLE that remains (from our test, seems to be the last one added).

Does that mean you can't have more than 1 Bundle in the same Cart?

2. Product Bundle still does not appear on the Product page of a Bundle item that is marked free. Shouldn't it?

3. The 'Alert' notification now reads: "If you remove one or more products, the discount won't be applied." Makes sense when there is only the one Bundle in the Cart but when you have other items as well, maybe it should read "If you remove one or more Bundled products, the discount won't be applied."

That's that for now. Hope the 'add bundle twice' issue can be resolved asap so we can re-activate the plugin and have all our Bundles back online :)

Last edited:
WoooShipper, please, PM me your access details, I will check

@Nadezhda
Can you let us know if you/your Team encountered the same on your ADS live sites?

1. Adding same Bundle twice applies wrong discount: YES/NO
2. Can add ONLY 1 Bundle to any single checkout: YES/NO
3. Product 'marked free' will not show Bundle on its page: YES/NO

Need to know if all these symptoms are peculiar to our site alone.
Thanks.

Nadezhda

Staff member
Hi, WoooShipper

1. You won't be able to add 2 same bundles at a time
2. One bundle discount can be used for one cart
3. Bogo bundle is not visible on the page of "free product"

@Nadezhda
Thanks for the prompt reply!
... just what we needed to know :) .

But here's the thing ...
1. You won't be able to add 2 same bundles at a time
Now we know, but the coding* does not prevent it. A customer may try doing just that and we end up having to give away the second bundle for FREE! Or spend time having to explain the error and possibly losing the sale altogether. :(

2. One bundle discount can be used for one cart
Pity. Would be nice if customer can add as many as they want! :D

Wishlist
a. Any plans for a shortcode or widget version that we can use in a post, page or newsletter?
b. Maybe enable more than one bundle for one cart?

* do let us know when this is resolved so we can re-activate the plugin - we really like this add-on and want to implement it in our marketing asap. :)

Ryan

I am interested but as 90% of my customers are ordering from mobile phones I have a question. Does it work on mobile? If yes, can I see a screenshot how does it look?

You won't be able to add 2 same bundles at a time

@v.1.1.1 UPDATE:

1. Actually, you CAN add 2 same bundles at a time - that's because the code does not prevent you from doing it. No limit to number of same bundles you can add! But the discounts may not be applied for all Bundle types!

2. Works for 'Fixed Percentage Off' and 'BOGO' bundles - same bundles when added later will increase in quantity (for all 3 items) incrementally correctly applying the appropriate discounts. As for 'Fixed Amount Off' bundles, the discount is only applied to the first bundle added.

3. CAUTION: Avoid the 'Fixed Amount' bundle type. You can add 2, 3, 4, etc same bundles but the discount is only applied for the first one; subsequent bundles are added to the Cart FREE with the full bundle price subtracted from the Cart Total.

FIX NEEDED:
Have to do something about the 'Fixed Amount' bundle type so the additional bundles reflect the correct discount.

Last edited:

remus

@v.1.1.1 UPDATE:

1. Actually, you CAN add 2 same bundles at a time - that's because the code does not prevent you from doing it. No limit to number of same bundles you can add! But the discounts may not be applied for all Bundle types!

2. Works for 'Fixed Percentage Off' and 'BOGO' bundles - same bundles when added later will increase in quantity (for all 3 items) incrementally correctly applying the appropriate discounts. As for 'Fixed Amount Off' bundles, the discount is only applied to the first bundle added.

3. CAUTION: Avoid the 'Fixed Amount' bundle type. You can add 2, 3, 4, etc same bundles but the discount is only applied for the first one; subsequent bundles are added to the Cart FREE with the full bundle price subtracted from the Cart Total.

FIX NEEDED:
Have to do something about the 'Fixed Amount' bundle type so the additional bundles reflect the correct discount.

Thanks for warning!

remus

I am interested but as 90% of my customers are ordering from mobile phones I have a question. Does it work on mobile? If yes, can I see a screenshot how does it look?

buy it, it works perfectly on mobile, do not worry if you have all the system of alidropship everything works ok.

@v.1.1.3 UPDATE:
Not sure what's changed*.
The "Fixed Amount" bundle type issue of writing off the cost of the second, third bundle added is still there.

* there's a change log for ADS and ADS Woo plugins but can't find link to logs for add-ons; the popup 'view details' in WP admin/plugins is always blank.

Suggestion for next update:
Possible to have extra column on PB dashboard to indicate 'Bundle type'? Right now we will have to open up (edit) each one to see what type (i.e. is it 'fixed amount off', % discount, etc.?). With this, we can see at a glance if we have made too many BOGO ones or not enough of others, etc. Might be super useful if you have lots of bundles!

Nadezhda

Staff member
[QUOTE="WoooShipper [/QUOTE]

The changelog is available in the update section on the add-ons page.
Version 1.1.3 – 28.10.2019 (current version)
Translation feature added
Da Vinci, Da Vinci2 and Raphael themes compatibility improved

Thank you for your suggestion!

Attachments

• Changelog.png
    Changelog.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 13

pudg3

is there a way to make a bundle with the same product listing? its like just with bogo but with more freebie. like buy 1 get 2 or more.

Ryan

Tested plugin with many variations. And only 1 person used it. Also, the website loads slower with it. It would be great to have it with more options, for example, only 2 products instead of 3. Change text font and size.
P.s. 90% of my website purchases are from mobile devices, maybe that's the reason why this add-on didn't go well for me.

Blz

I bought this plugin a few hours ago because I'm too lazy to swap my first store to woocommerce and let's be honest it is quite meh.

- Bundle scaling and position on Davinci 2 is meh, doesn't look right at all.

- I bought it only because I was interested by the BOGO feature, this feature is poorly coded, to be honest, the "free" badge is almost invisible, and the supposed "free" product is not even showing his original price replaced with a $0,00 or anything like this. I mean, you guys didn't think about this? I can't believe this sorry!

-An option that is not present here, but is on almost every other bundle plugin available for woocommerce (and for way cheaper!!!) is to be able to add a bundle offer "category-wide" example: Buy 2 products from "x" category and pick a 3rd one which is from the same category for free.

Guys, I'm really and old alidropship customer, and each time I tried to buy something besides original/woo plugin licenses I always feel like I totally got fckd so hard. I'm not a hater, I'm here since the early days of this adventure, and I really miss the work you used to achieve when your team was smaller, less organized and with a smaller customer base.

Yup, I was waiting for the black Friday discount to grab it, and I'll be honest even at a discounted price, I regret my purchase, feels like an unfinished product.