How long does it take you to edit and import 1 product?

iDan

Hello guys, hope you are doing well.

i would like to hear from your experience how long does it take you to edit 1 product and whats your process,
what info do you keep? do you edit and import directly on aliexpress 1 by 1 or do you bulk import and then edit on wordpress 1 by 1?
do you import pictures and texts or avoid them? etc.

as a completly new user to Alidrop, i find myself spending 1 hour editing 1 product, so i thought id better hear you guys and get some tips and tricks
from your experience, since that seems like waaaaaaay to long o_O,

Thank you:)

Depends on how messy the item is in Ali Express.
Sometimes it's a quick 5 minute job & sometimes it takes a long time to just tidy up the mess.
I generally add items 2 or 3 at a time & then edit them in Wordpress & publish 1 at a time. I always import pictures & reviews too.

I keep a text file of common phrases & keystrokes that I can copy 'n paste from & that speeds it up a bit.
I also use 2 screens (my laptop screen & a normal monitor) which makes it all a bit easier to see.

iDan

Depends on how messy the item is in Ali Express.
Sometimes it's a quick 5 minute job & sometimes it takes a long time to just tidy up the mess.
I generally add items 2 or 3 at a time & then edit them in Wordpress & publish 1 at a time. I always import pictures & reviews too.

I keep a text file of common phrases & keystrokes that I can copy 'n paste from & that speeds it up a bit.
I also use 2 screens (my laptop screen & a normal monitor) which makes it all a bit easier to see.

i will create a text file as well, smart move.
most of my time is spent translating the product characteristics, reviews, size charts and descriptions. and editings pictures.
i guess im overdoing it, and i should try and simplify the process like you two.

It takes me 30 sec per item

thats insane!
so you are basicly generating a title and description, deleting few unneccesary pictures and publishing? faster than making a sandwich, darn!

i should find a way to simplify the process aswell...

thanks for sharing guys! very helpfull info. i appreciate it.

Looking at how quick'neasy Yaros' imports are, I think it must depend on the type of product you sell.

With the motorcycle accessories I import, very often there is nothing in the imported item that I can use at all . It is all complete gobbledygook.
I then have to spend a lot of time searching for something meaningful to put in the title and description.
It is quite apparent that the nice Chinese folks uploading the items on Ali Express haven't a clue about what they're uploading.

I also need to have conformity across my site, so I spend time checking that variants or options have the same wording & checking spelling & that size measurements are all in the same format etc, etc.
Time-consuming maybe but makes for a better site IMHO (damn OCD).

Best of luck !

iDan

Looking at how quick'neasy Yaros' imports are, I think it must depend on the type of product you sell.

With the motorcycle accessories I import, very often there is nothing in the imported item that I can use at all . It is all complete gobbledygook.
I then have to spend a lot of time searching for something meaningful to put in the title and description.
It is quite apparent that the nice Chinese folks uploading the items on Ali Express haven't a clue about what they're uploading.

I also need to have conformity across my site, so I spend time checking that variants or options have the same wording & checking spelling & that size measurements are all in the same format etc, etc.
Time-consuming maybe but makes for a better site IMHO (damn OCD).

Best of luck !

or the tools you use.
watching how easily he generates the info made me look for something similiar, so far the only thing i found was this 'custom product tabs' plugin which basicly lets you customize and create and save any kind of product tabs with the info in it,
so for me for example instead of translating the product characteristics for each product, i could just create a tab with the details translated already, and that will simply add it to every product automaticly, so all i have to do is remove the original characteristics by a button click and maybe change a line or two, and that should be it.
or if you have products with the same description, create a new description tab with the info in and completly override the default one, so everytime you import a product that description tab will be there full of your content with zero modifications needed. or maybe change just a line or two, but you dont even have to copy paste from a text file anymore.

i dont use it yet, just trying to build my startegy around it first. but that how i think about it.
take a look.
1566369944934.png

link: wordpress.org/plugins/yikes-inc-easy-custom-woocommerce-product-tabs/

what do you think?
do you know any other plugins that could make our life easier?

we could open a new thread just for that, and every member could list the plugins he knows and use, combined we can create a list full of optional plugins, and maybe new ideas for Yaros to add to alidropship.

what do you think guys?

iDan

i dont know how these things work but ill throw my 2 cents in:
in my humble opinion i think there should be 2 versions, unless it can translate everything to a desired language:

a lite version built in alidrop which will give basic ML options, like editing the pictures and deleting original brand parts from the description,

and a full paid add-on which gives more advanced capabilities like rewriting/(+)translating the whole title and description, inserting own brand's text/logo in description/pictures, etc.

thinking in a perspective of an alidropship store owner which sells in his own country, he still needs to edit the title and everything to his own language. so what yaro's showed us wont save him much time because editing and translating is required anyways - so he might not purchase that as an add-on.
but editing the pictures could be the basic built-in-free-version for him which still benefits him as an alidropship customer and saves him 50% of the time.

and a full paid advanced version if it can completly rewrite/translate everything and save 90% time for everyone no matter where he sells and what language he need>then he should pay for it.

i dont know whats the capabilities of such machine, but thats just an idea.