Cloudflare ?

Deus

Hi !

So I'm thinking in use cloudflare to speedup my site plus to have SSL it's free and I'm already using on other sites and I really see improvements.
I had to setup mx records for the emails and cloudflare requires that we change the NS to theirs, my question is, will my email services stop working?

Also will the payment page work (credit cards, paypal..?)
Thanks

Yaros

Staff member
Does it have cPanel on it and what the ver. of PHP? We were not able to setup it on a server with manual control without cPanel.

Deus

Cloudflare it's a CDN the only thing you need to do is to change your nameservers to their own and you start using their services. My only problem is that if I do that my MX mail would stop working

kevgl

Hey, i tried a lot of CDN's but i had problems with all of them. Changing NAME/MX/Mail records but never got them validated.. I was using DirectAdmin but i had no luck with it, so i decided to look for an allready CDN Cloudflare optimized webhosting. I hope that's gonna be the solution, i can test it within a week. I will let you know how it works out.

Have you found a good solution for your problem yet?

Deus

Hi,
I'm currently using cloudflare without any problems the mail records aren't served by them plus I have free SSL with them

kevgl

Good to see you are not having problems. In a few days i can move my domain onto the new webhosting and i am very curious how it will turn out. Free SSL is a plus if you ask me! Thanks.

armatuleva

Hi,
I'm currently using cloudflare without any problems the mail records aren't served by them plus I have free SSL with them
Hi, can you tell me what is correct setting for mx record when using Cloudflare. I have tried to set up mx record to my hosting but still not work when using email

kevgl

Hi, can you tell me what is correct setting for mx record when using Cloudflare. I have tried to set up mx record to my hosting but still not work when using email
It takes quite some time to figure out exactly what CloudFlare stands for and what you want to do. When you add a website to CloudFlare the most DNS records will be copied, but you have to check if there is nothing missing that you actually need.

I had this problem too, i could'nt receive email but i could send and it arrived. I got it figured out now as i know where i need to look.
Try finding out if you can send or receive. PM me if you want further help on this if you haven't figured this out yet :).

yr219

Hi, does cloudflareCDN works properly with alidropship plugin ? is there any conflicts or issues known ?

Mar

Hi, does cloudflareCDN works properly with alidropship plugin ? is there any conflicts or issues known ?
I am using Cloudflare with Alidropship plugin, the original and the woo version. even even with my previous host providers until now. Never have a problem with it.

Direct Webstore

'm currently using cloudflare without any problems the mail records aren't served by them
That's right. The people above concerned about mail have nothing to worry about. As for Cloudfare's CDN, I've tried it in the past, ran speed tests before and after and have not noticed any difference. Probably because I keep all product images except the featured image on Aliexpress and they use their own CDN for images. That makes Cloudfare's CDN redundant and unnecessary.(In my case)

I'm trying to use Cloudflare at the moment, the reason being is I won't be keeping images on AliExpress as I want to remove images' background and unify it to just white,it's big conversion wise.
I'd like to hear from those who use it and what are the settings in it preventing Alidropship working properly. If I try disable/enable every other setting, it will take forever to check as it takes 48 hrs to take effect.
So far I'm not able to make Alidropship work with Cloudflare. But again it can be not even Cloudflare issue, it's only an assumption from Alidropship support...highly likely though.

I am using Cloudflare with Alidropship plugin, the original and the woo version. even even with my previous host providers until now. Never have a problem with it.
Would you mind sharing your settings with Cloudflare? Do you keep images on AliExpress like Direct Webstore does?

Alright, guys. I just installed Cloudflare Flexible SSL plugin and was immediately able to import products.
My question now is, when I import products, it imports all kinda images that I don't want that junk to be sitting there in the media library. Is there a way to manually import the images that I want?
Thank you!

Last edited:

Mar

I'm trying to use Cloudflare at the moment, the reason being is I won't be keeping images on AliExpress as I want to remove images' background and unify it to just white,it's big conversion wise.
Cloudflare is one of Content Delivery Networks. It will serve contents of your site from their nearest server where ever visitors are around the globe. It has nothing to do with your understanding about images above. For more information see this link: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-a-cdn/
I just installed Cloudflare Flexible SSL plugin and was immediately able to import products
SSL has nothing to do with importing products. SSL or no SSL, you can import products.
My question now is, when I import products, it imports all kinda images that I don't want that junk to be sitting there in the media library. Is there a way to manually import the images that I want?
Select images you want uploaded to your server in the setting below. There is no option for images in product description to be uploaded to the server, so these images are not setting in your library. To confirm where an image is stored, right click any image of a product, click Open image in a new tab, you will see the image in a new tab with its address. If you see alicdn.com, it is not uploaded in the server. Take note that if you edit an image, it is automatically saved in the server.

1561782901460.png

1561783869429.png

Mar

Would you mind sharing your settings with Cloudflare? Do you keep images on AliExpress like Direct Webstore does?
There is no setting in Cloudflare about images. I have this setting below, so images uploaded to the server is minimal. Again there is no option to upload images in product description, unless you edit it. So these images that has the greatest number is kept in AliExpress and there is no point to store it in the server.

1561784269259.png

Cloudflare is one of Content Delivery Networks. It will serve contents of your site from their nearest server where ever visitors are around the globe. It has nothing to do with your understanding about images above. For more information see this link: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-a-cdn/
That was just a separate question, sorry for confusion. I was talking about CLOUDFLARE CDN and then referred to Webstore Direct note about storring images on AliExpress. Thanks for advice anyways.