What will you do in this case.

ofuroinu

Hi

One idiot US customer placed order and now after shipped he sent one mail telling me below like someone else from his home used his card. Or maybe he just making story.

I would like to request a cancelation and refund for an order submitted yesterday. The card was not used with my permission and I would like to cancel this order. Thank you.

He paid by stripe and product is almost 100USD value.
What will you do in this case because I am thinking maybe he is upto something and he maybe contact stripe for chargeback.
Before he do so how can I prevent him not to take my goods for free?

You know banks always protect them and we always loses on charge back.

I told him to return once he get and we will issue refund but this idiot insist immediate refund.

How will you handle this type of case and assure they dont get free goods?

Direct Webstore

For that much money he could be trying to scam you. But it's probably a case of him just changing his mind.

Just insist that he return it and a refund will be made once it's returned. Tell him that the security of his card is his responsibility, not yours. Stand your ground on this one.

But before you do that, contact the Aliexpress seller immediately and ask for their advise and also for an address to return it to. (Just in case it goes that far)

Also contact Stripe immediately, right now! and tell them what's going on. Give them all the details.

Don't let this twat push you around.

While you are waiting for responses from the Aliexpress seller and Stripe, write to the guy again and ask him for details of the person who used his card "without permission" because your payment processor needs those details (bit of bullshit) ... just to stall him ... and also to call his bluff.

This is why I don't sell anything over $50. The bulk of my products are under $30. Much less risk and easier to write off. I also read in various places not to sell any dropshipped stuff from China over $50. People start to question if they really need it if it's over $50. Whereas under $50 it's more of an impulse purchase.

I reckon this idiot decided he didn't really need it ... but too late.

;)

Last edited:

ofuroinu

Aliexpress guy is my my good friend he said once the parcel been sent out it is hard to recall back because those guys at the hub will not waste manpower to find parcel for you. Only way is let them return back. Thats what I am stick to now. Previously my other stores even 20 USD they try to scam reason like hey my brother bought it and didnt know that and now I want you to refund me. Even though he agreed to return same time they filed charge back and what happen always is we lose they get money and goods.

daudi250

Hey,

So i would refer him to my refund policy :p Play smart. You cannot issue a refund if the card was used by some one else to make the purchase. This is not your fault.

Tell him, the item needs to be returned back to you in original condition, so you can process the refund. If the item is damaged or so, the refund wont be applicable.

Tell paypal, you have shipped the item and based on your store policy that was agreed by the buyer, he needs to return the items back to you, so you can issue a refund.

daudi250

Aliexpress guy is my my good friend he said once the parcel been sent out it is hard to recall back because those guys at the hub will not waste manpower to find parcel for you. Only way is let them return back. Thats what I am stick to now. Previously my other stores even 20 USD they try to scam reason like hey my brother bought it and didnt know that and now I want you to refund me. Even though he agreed to return same time they filed charge back and what happen always is we lose they get money and goods.

for this, dont ship the items instantly. Wait for about 1-2 days before shipping and if you can mail the owner asking them if they have bought the item or not. and do install Fraud Check (if you are on WordPress). Dont forget to make a good return policy or refund policy. Even if some one asks for a refund, you can always ask them to read your policy that they agreed to.

And always ask for a POD (Proof of delivery) from the courier company.

Mar

Sorry my mistake he paid via paypal
It is an uphill battle if it is Paypal. I have experienced it. A buyer claimed he did not order the shoes but his wife. He don't like black color, the size is not correct. You can't believe, Paypal favored the buyer. Paypal is unreasonable, they tend to favor buyers, although they refunded me when I escalated the case to Paypal management.

Direct Webstore

So i would refer him to my refund policy
That's right ... but more importantly, refer him to the Terms of Service and make sure they have to tick the box before proceeding with the purchase.

I have this in my refunds and returns page AND the Terms of Service

If you did not receive the product within the guaranteed time (45 days not including 2-5 day processing) you can request a refund or a reshipment. If you received the wrong item you can request a refund or a reshipment. If the item is broken, the wrong size or not as described you can get a refund

But now I'm going to add this ...

When can you not get a refund.
1. If the order has already shipped and you have simply changed your mind, you cannot apply for a refund.
2. If your card is stolen or used without permission it is up to you to take care of it and notify your bank immediately. We are not responsible for any purchases and can not issue refunds.

I suggest you add it now.

If they tick the box agreeing to the Terms of Service, and you show that page to Paypal ... they can't get the money.

:)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Paypal favored the buyer.
I have read about this in the past but forgot about it. If you have something like I wrote above in your Terms of Service and they tick the box agreeing to it, Paypal HAS to tell them "No refund".

I'm updating the refund and Terms of Service pages on all my sites right now.

Direct Webstore

Thanks. Can we add like we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies if they reach us in case of fraud. as the billing address and all is provided?

At the end of the day, we cannot do much paypal or stripe
Sure. They're your terms ... put any terms you like. If the customer does not agree with them, then they don't tick the agreement box and they don't but the product.

But let's face it. How many people tick that box without READING the terms ... 99.999% ... including me. ;)

Direct Webstore

At the end of the day, we cannot do much paypal or stripe
Not true. If a customer agrees with your terms by ticking that box, it's a legal agreement and Paypal and Stripe have to abide it by just as much as your customer does.

I actually remember reading about this a couple of years ago, but completely forgot about it.

Thank God for this thread to remind to to update my Terms of Service! ;)

merten

Not true. If a customer agrees with your terms by ticking that box, it's a legal agreement and Paypal and Stripe have to abide it by just as much as your customer does.

I actually remember reading about this a couple of years ago, but completely forgot about it.

Thank God for this thread to remind to to update my Terms of Service! ;)

Have you won more stripe disputes after you have enabled this checkbox? I'm currently winning only 1 out of 10 disputes. Nomatter what you upload, they always give the money back to the buyer.

Direct Webstore

Have you won more stripe disputes after you have enabled this checkbox?

The checkbox has always been there.

And like I said above, I just added that extra bit to my Terms and Conditions yesterday.

As for disputes I haven't had any yet. I've given a few refunds for low priced items, but again like I said above, the bulk of my products are under $30. No big deal. Disputing refunds under $30 just isn't worth the time and hassle. Most of them have been between $5-$15 or so. Refunds are all part of the deal when dropshipping from China. Just about anyone who has been doing dropshipping for a while will say that. The large profit margins easily absorb it.

And from other research I've done, (regarding Paypal in particular a couple of years ago) as mentioned above, would need to abide by a legally binding agreement in the Terms and Conditions as described above if the customer agreed to them by ticking that box.

they always give the money back to the buyer.
From the research I've done (as mentioned above) "always" is an exaggeration. Unless you don't have your Terms and Conditions written in a way to protect you ... which I have just belatedly done.

;)

CDDiva

I filed a dispute several years ago with PP because a 1 dollar item I bought from a digital shop, turned into 10 dollars a month. At that time it took me almost 3 months to discover, and I filed it to PP saying I never agreed to such a thing (it was hidden in a far away corner under other graphics etc and very un noticable...
Anyway, PP came back after investigating and said I could not get a refund etc...

then a month ago, I filed another dispute for 49 dollars, because a piece of useless software I bought was not even close to what described, and the seller was just ignoring me, after an initial robot response... long story short, they investigated for about a week, and paid me my refund.... so it is kind of a hit and miss there, but what DWS is suggesting is very good advice, thank you

CDDiva

for this, dont ship the items instantly. Wait for about 1-2 days before shipping and if you can mail the owner asking them if they have bought the item or not. and do install Fraud Check (if you are on WordPress). Dont forget to make a good return policy or refund policy. Even if some one asks for a refund, you can always ask them to read your policy that they agreed to.

And always ask for a POD (Proof of delivery) from the courier company.
please can you tell us which one you are using. I just did a search in the plugins area and found too many, and none actually say Fraud Check lol